+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fulham v Villa

Fulham v Villa

My niece's fella went, Villa fan!!!!!!l He does'nt fancy Villa for autos but, like us, was enjoying the ride!! Reckons Fulham were a class above!! He rates them at Wolves level and his bet for auto!!
    I had got them as faves to win play-offs but looks like they could brush us all aside and grab second!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    My niece's fella went, Villa fan!!!!!!l He does'nt fancy Villa for autos but, like us, was enjoying the ride!! Reckons Fulham were a class above!! He rates them at Wolves level and his bet for auto!!
    I had got them as faves to win play-offs but looks like they could brush us all aside and grab second!!
    Their next five matches are against top six/promotion contenders, including us and Wolves. Look like genuine contenders. Preston are a bit of a surprise too, thought they’d have fallen away by now.

ramAnag Preston are a very good side I could never understand why people on here were always dismissing Cardiff I've said all along I would rather play Villa than Cardiff Personally I think we will struggle to make the playoffs we have some really tough matches yet and half our team look knackered now Worrying we have no plan B and a poor Jan transfer hasn't helped

I'm sorry but I'm not impressed by people who after watching a certain team play a certain game conclude that they are the best thing since sliced bread or vice-versa.

In a marathon season there's bound to be games when a team plays a blunder or when as the Americans say, they are dunces.

The 1 constant is the table.
    Villa are a very handy side
    They know how to grind results out just like Cardiff.
    Perhaps they were awful yesterday. I gather Wolves were dreadful against Forest a few weeks back.
    But to suggest anything else than both teams have been playing well as seen in the table is foolishness.

As for Derby, what does the table show? That they are a hard team to beat and are capable of winning games.
    A mini slump doesn't do justice. Fulham have strengthened in the window. They're are force to be reckoned.

But as to the question as to whom are gonna grab 2nd space based on what the table tells us, is down to 2 key factors.

1 The team that is hardest to beat.

2 And can grind out results despite not playing their best.

In the interim, some will flatter with impressive wins. But this alone is not enough. And oh yes, stop listening to 'experts' who witness 'miracles.'
    Remember Leeds were flying up to game 10 this season.

* teams that play a blinder.
    My phone's auto correct prefers the word 'blunder' for some reason.

I've made my thoughts on Fulham known more than once recently.

When you look at a side and think how many of their current side could make the step up to the PL Fulham are better equipped than any other side in the championship.

It wasn't until yesterday that I realised they had taken Mitrovic on loan from Newcastle. Add him to Sessegnon (best player in the division), Fredericks and Cairney and you've 4 PL quality players straight away.

They will make top 2 in my opinion.

Surely people can only judge on what they see Rom. Obviously most on here see more of Derby than anyone else but I don’ think mista or mac are jumping to uninformed decisions. Mista sees more than most and mac is referring to a first hand account from a Villa fan.
    Personally I haven’t seen Preston this season but I’m surprised at where they are. Again, judging from first hand experience, Sheffield United are the best team I’ve seen this season and Birmingham the worst and yet at the moment the former are in danger of falling away while Brum may well escape relegation.
    Over the season there seems little to choose from the teams currently occupying 2nd - 9th position. If we beat Leeds hopefully we can start another run and find some much needed confidence again, while I think defeat would kill off Leeds’ promotion hopes. If it goes the other way I think the next couple of months will be a struggle.

It was a very good result for Fulham but last week they were outplayed at Bolton and were lucky to get a point I will be very surprised if they finish second It will probably come down to squads and Villa and Cardiff have better squads than the other teams especially Cardiff nobody has spent more money than them including Wolves Promotion will usually come down to who wants it most and I don't like saying it but there are some of our players who don't convince me that do

In all sport it's about momentum!! The best find it (momentum) when the crunch comes. Whether it be Tiger Woods on the back nine of a major or RedRum coming into the home strait at a classic race, the winners find it when it's most needed!! We have a recent history of pooing ourselves down the home strait? The reason being the best have the quality the rest have nearly men. As rA says we lack that extra bit of class which gives the best that edge. Will grinding out results be enough the evidence says not, Wolves, Fulham and, to a lesser extent, Villa have that bit extra...we do not!!
    That's not to say we're out of it just that others are better equipped....oh! and Cardiff have that old warhorse Warlock!!

I might be being picky here, but I dont think Red Rum ever ran a classic race as they are flat races and Red Rum was a jumper.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)