+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Free agents

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    As for supporting Notts l go back to 1950 but with your superior knowledge you must have seen them win the F.A. Cup.
    Ah what a day that was. Glad you mentioned it. *insert dream sequence wobbly screen effect here* Takes me right back to Goodison all those years ago! *Fade to black and white (obviously!) scratchy film clip*

Best thing Harry Enfield ever did!

Well you did not have to be agenius to see that the Munto Fiasco would end in tears and Russel King is at it again. As for supporting Notts l go back to 1950 but with your superior knowledge you must have seen them win the F.A. Cup.
    ?? What are you so upset about? Exactly what have I said you disagree with or are you have a shot just 'cause you feel like it? I don't go back as far as you - 1956 first game. Saw Hateley and Astle as kids but missed Lawton, Sewell & Co regretfully.

One problem we appear to have is that we are overloaded with a lot of Football Geniuses on this board who if they really knew what they were talking about would be involved in the game at the highest level possible. The problem is they are not, but when things are not going to plan they all know better, so in the click of a finger Kevin Nolan is clueless in there opinions because we are where we are and not where they think we should be.

Just be grateful we have Alan Hardy and Kevin Nolan at the helm, as I have posted before I am sure if they had told you this was where would be in February 2018 at the end of last season you would have snatched their hands off.

Now can we just move on enjoy the games we have left and most importantly get behind the team and see where it takes us.
    Absolute Classic post.......several people have a moan, because on a public FORUM, they have an opinion......THAT WE ARE GOING BACKWARDS ffs......some Old Codger from West Bridgford comes on to tell us to shut up moaning and accept it......wtf?.....oh yes, and CrazyKels backs him up, not really a surprise there then!!....he loves his "kick and hope rugby~footy.

Please Swale and Cher, and any other Mods, can you bar anyone that is not absolutely hunky dory with a finish a fraction above 91st in the league........jeez, I thought you had ambition.....obviously not.

"When I was a lad.....we were glad to have a ground to play in"......hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Absolute Classic post.......several people have a moan, because on a public FORUM, they have an opinion......THAT WE ARE GOING BACKWARDS ffs......some Old Codger from West Bridgford comes on to tell us to shut up moaning and accept it......wtf?.....oh yes, and CrazyKels backs him up, not really a surprise there then!!....he loves his "kick and hope rugby~footy.

Please Swale and Cher, and any other Mods, can you bar anyone that is not absolutely hunky dory with a finish a fraction above 91st in the league........jeez, I thought you had ambition.....obviously not.

"When I was a lad.....we were glad to have a ground to play in"......hahahaha
    You can't wind me up, not much anyway.

Toys out of the perambulators from all over the world.
    Last edited by Bridg4d_Pie_; 20-02-2018 at 09:24 AM.

You can't wind me up, not much anyway.

Toys out of the perambulators from all over the world.
    Obviously everybody is entitled to an opinion, that goes without saying, but while I agree with both points of view I am more inclined to side with Bridg4d on this.

Is our current form good enough for promotion? No. Is that worrying? Yes.

Are we in a better position on and off the pitch than any time in the last five years? Yes.

Criticism of the chairman's tweets are fair, he tweets too much, but that should be balanced with a great work he's done to turn a shambles of a football club around. He's not perfect and he will make mistakes. Perfection doesn't exist.

Some criticism of transfer policy is fair too, but we have to bear in mind that we have a novice manager and novice chairman. I'm sure if it was as simple as ringing up the player you want and getting him to sign they would've done that.

This reminds me a bit of the early Trew era, when he came in and renovated the MLSB everyone thought it was great, finally someone taking pride in the facilities and making the ground a nicer place to be. Then when results go against us it's used as a stick to beat the chairman with, why doesn't he spend the money on players etc. The obvious answer is that it's probably a lot easier to drop a few Łk on new changing rooms than it is to get good players to sign for you, when their current club doesn't want to let them leave or there are bigger clubs in for them.

I think we have to be realistic, constructive and fair in our criticism. Not easy I know, football is an emotional game and we are below what most of us see as our natural level.

Quote Originally Posted by 80milesSouth View Post
    Surely Notts are exploring all avenues (although most of our attempts to sign anyone recently lead to a cul-de-sac) Did we ever enquire about Leon Best ? Also Nile Ranger or Jermaine Easter could be a short term solution ?
    Billy Whitehouse the ex Leeds and Donny player is worth a punt

One problem we appear to have is that we are overloaded with a lot of Football Geniuses on this board who if they really knew what they were talking about would be involved in the game at the highest level possible. The problem is they are not, but when things are not going to plan they all know better, so in the click of a finger Kevin Nolan is clueless in there opinions because we are where we are and not where they think we should be.

Just be grateful we have Alan Hardy and Kevin Nolan at the helm, as I have posted before I am sure if they had told you this was where would be in February 2018 at the end of last season you would have snatched their hands off.

Now can we just move on enjoy the games we have left and most importantly get behind the team and see where it takes us.
    Yeah yeah.....I enjoyed that last game, it reminded me of the time I pulled out a wisdom tooth....looking forward to the next one....tooth that is.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345