+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Free agents

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    **** me... it was only 2 weeks ago people were saying Husin is the best thing since sliced bread.
    Has Ameobi not been a good signing?
    I would also say Allesandra has been a good signing, when played on the wing.
    It’s a bit early to say whether Ben Hall is a good signing but his first 2 games have been promising.
    So all in all I think KN has assembled a decent squad and many of his signings have done well more often than not, which is why we are challenging at the right end of the table.
    Ameobi was signed last season, im talking about outfield players signed this season. Both Allesandra and Hawkridge in my opinion have been poor signings, neither has the ability to beat a man.. As for Jones i would say he is OK going forward, but not very good at defending.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Why compare what Mansfield did at HOME to what we did AWAY? Newport’s pitch is ****, so **** that EVEN one of the best attacking sides in EUROPE struggled to break down Newport.
    FFS just let that sink in.
    While we compare Mansfield to us, they also drew at Newport. Both of us have taken 4 points off Newport.
    One problem we appear to have is that we are overloaded with a lot of Football Geniuses on this board who if they really knew what they were talking about would be involved in the game at the highest level possible. The problem is they are not, but when things are not going to plan they all know better, so in the click of a finger Kevin Nolan is clueless in there opinions because we are where we are and not where they think we should be.

Just be grateful we have Alan Hardy and Kevin Nolan at the helm, as I have posted before I am sure if they had told you this was where would be in February 2018 at the end of last season you would have snatched their hands off.

Now can we just move on enjoy the games we have left and most importantly get behind the team and see where it takes us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    One problem we appear to have is that we are overloaded with a lot of Football Geniuses on this board who if they really knew what they were talking about would be involved in the game at the highest level possible. The problem is they are not, but when things are not going to plan they all know better, so in the click of a finger Kevin Nolan is clueless in there opinions because we are where we are and not where they think we should be.

Just be grateful we have Alan Hardy and Kevin Nolan at the helm, as I have posted before I am sure if they had told you this was where would be in February 2018 at the end of last season you would have snatched their hands off.

Now can we just move on enjoy the games we have left and most importantly get behind the team and see where it takes us.
    Spot On

Man logs onto football messageboard. Man sees opinions about football. Man complains about people having opinions about football.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Man logs onto football messageboard. Man sees opinions about football. Man complains about people having opinions about football.
    Now then, now then..

Unhappy

So in other words no one should have an opinion and accept everything?? Close the board down.

One problem we don't appear to have is to be overloaded with a lot of Football Geniuses on the board who if they really knew what they were talking about would be involved in the game at the highest level possible instead of in this basement division for the ump****th year.

Howeve inexpert we are here the stats and figures show us going backwards from the heady hights of last autumn. Reminiscent, though not as bad as that Derry period when for a moment, until we lost at home against Walsall (who played some proper football) and were shown to be imposters.

AH has assured us that promotion is his aim and the squad we have now is better than the one that started in January. I would hazard that AH is not as expert at what goes on in 4th division football than you are.

Enjoying games has gone out of the window - just smell the coffee man. Head in the sand and I for one am sure you really know better.

Mid season mediocracy beckons and we should all be thankful we are not in a relegation fight, but don't expect many of the extra 14,000 v Crewe to be as easily entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    One problem we don't appear to have is to be overloaded with a lot of Football Geniuses on the board who if they really knew what they were talking about would be involved in the game at the highest level possible instead of in this basement division for the ump****th year.

Howeve inexpert we are here the stats and figures show us going backwards from the heady hights of last autumn. Reminiscent, though not as bad as that Derry period when for a moment, until we lost at home against Walsall (who played some proper football) and were shown to be imposters.

AH has assured us that promotion is his aim and the squad we have now is better than the one that started in January. I would hazard that AH is not as expert at what goes on in 4th division football than you are.

Enjoying games has gone out of the window - just smell the coffee man. Head in the sand and I for one am sure you really know better.

Mid season mediocracy beckons and we should all be thankful we are not in a relegation fight, but don't expect many of the extra 14,000 v Crewe to be as easily entertained.
    That's your opinion, Bravo old man, as l stated l did not expect promotion just an improvement and some stability for this season if we are promoted great, if not it will not be the end of the world.

It makes a change from hoping we might avoid relegation, so wake and smell the coffee life could be a lot worse. If you keep winding yourself up you will do your health no good what so ever at your tender old age.
    Last edited by Bridg4d_Pie_; 19-02-2018 at 05:13 PM.

That's your opinion, Bravo old man, as l stated l did not expect promotion just an improvement and some stability for this season if we are promoted great, if not it will not be the end of the world.

It makes a change from hoping we might avoid relegation, so wake and smell the coffee life could be a lot worse. If you keep winding yourself up you will do your health no good what so ever at your tender old age.
    If you check my posts going back over the whole season and before you'll find we're on the same side of the fence. I've often said that going through a whole season without a relegation fight, without a change of manager and with a set of players who have time to get to know eachother's names is a massive plus. I'm not winding myself up at all, I've supported or followed Notts for far too many seasons to have an expectation of anything much better than where we are, upper 4th level to mid 3rd level. Even the Munto season I recall getting an email from a school friend whom I introduced to Notts (he used to be a red) and as he was no longer in Nottingham asked what I thought about what was going on. I responded that I thought it was all going to end in tears.

But every time I post suggesting AH cools it you and others have a go at me. Thus far after Saturday he's shut up and rightly too. I have a theory that his positive spin on matters that belong to KN and the players are unhelpful to the club. I can imagine players saying to KN - but the owner thinks I'm the next best thing to sliced bread. I think the expectations put on KN and the players at this early stage in his tenure are too much. KN is the one to manage the playing expectations and whether or not he sees himself as a future England manager - not AH who gets carried away too easily. I used to be like that in the early 1960's He'll learn. Aye.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    If you check my posts going back over the whole season and before you'll find we're on the same side of the fence. I've often said that going through a whole season without a relegation fight, without a change of manager and with a set of players who have time to get to know eachother's names is a massive plus. I'm not winding myself up at all, I've supported or followed Notts for far too many seasons to have an expectation of anything much better than where we are, upper 4th level to mid 3rd level. Even the Munto season I recall getting an email from a school friend whom I introduced to Notts (he used to be a red) and as he was no longer in Nottingham asked what I thought about what was going on. I responded that I thought it was all going to end in tears.

But every time I post suggesting AH cools it you and others have a go at me. Thus far after Saturday he's shut up and rightly too. I have a theory that his positive spin on matters that belong to KN and the players are unhelpful to the club. I can imagine players saying to KN - but the owner thinks I'm the next best thing to sliced bread. I think the expectations put on KN and the players at this early stage in his tenure are too much. KN is the one to manage the playing expectations and whether or not he sees himself as a future England manager - not AH who gets carried away too easily. I used to be like that in the early 1960's He'll learn. Aye.
    Well you did not have to be agenius to see that the Munto Fiasco would end in tears and Russel King is at it again. As for supporting Notts l go back to 1950 but with your superior knowledge you must have seen them win the F.A. Cup.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast