+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Free agents

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I wouldn't want Nile Ranger anywhere near Notts. He's thick and crap.

Dexter Blackstock anyone?
    Not sure what he has been doing since July last year but I would presume he would be more mobile then Bennett at present.

It is clear we will not go up this year unless Grant has his spinach or we start scoring goals. Wycombe, Mansfield and Stanley will battle for 2nd and 3rd and we will battle to stay in the play offs.

Or he just plays Forte up top rather then on the wing as we remember a good display from him https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsCKXXSY1MI He isn't a winger
    Last edited by HopefulPie; 18-02-2018 at 07:59 AM.

Trouble is today's team is dog sh** con paired to that one

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Charlie pretty much is starting to get nervous, the same as everyone else that listened to the game, or watched it....if KN is happy, then I am a watching the wrong sport.....we can replay that same game 20 times and not score enough as Mansfield did against them 5 days ago....puzzled!
    Why compare what Mansfield did at HOME to what we did AWAY? Newport’s pitch is ****, so **** that EVEN one of the best attacking sides in EUROPE struggled to break down Newport.
    FFS just let that sink in.
    While we compare Mansfield to us, they also drew at Newport. Both of us have taken 4 points off Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    Yeah he should have said that he was scared sh*tless of having to go on this season without bringing anyone in as his current options were sh*te, that would have been much better than trying to praise his current squad.
    Did I say he should have said the squad was ****e? So you understand, I think he was talking *******s!! (at least he had better have been or he can't spot a better option).

Sorry..I don't think much of Ranger and was pretty much grasping at straws thinking of any free agents but there must be somebody who could do a 3 month job for us. I understand it is not easy for AH to get a decent striker but it is very frustrating to see how things appear to be turning out

The thing about decent strikers is that they want a wage that reflects their contribution. AH in the past has talked about how deals can drag on discussing the odd Ł10 bonus here and there. But when it comes to the most important position on the pitch, I think you just have to suck it up and pay what it takes.

People will say we can't afford that, but I think we can't afford not to. Maybe if we had less midfielders eating up the budget, we could. I remember we nearly let Hughesie slip though the net and his agent said we just needed to up the offer a little bit. We did, and the rest is history. Not real money, I know, but sometimes Munto's decisions were better than those we have seen since. There is no value option when it comes to strikers.

Anyway, the ship has sailed now. We have not recruited properly and I doubt we will be promoted.

Leon Best looks the best option out of that list one advantage he is from Nottingham the downside he may think he is better than league two.

I remember the abuse on here last year when Akinfenwa's name was mentioned. All the usual nastiness about weight, age, etc. Yet he has been a real asset this season to Wycombe (the team I tipped for top at the start of the season). Scored the winner last week and headed Wycombe's 2nd yesterday.
    Taking a free agent usually means at least a four week wait for match fitness and Notts haven't got that luxury of time.
    It's a matter of chemistry and at this level it's something of a gamble. I certainly think Nolan could persevere more with Forte in the middle. At least he is a fit option. My guess is that if Forte moved on from Notts he would have a lucrative career end wherever he went. At least he's a cheap option too.
    As things stand, without an alternative striker, Mansfield will bury Notts next month and that will be thank you and good night.
    Last edited by sidders; 18-02-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Plenty of centre~forward free agents out there......my personal favourites and non~starters

Tosi.....would he really be bothered, spends too much time in the toilets?
    Ranegie......probably not to be trusted
    Barrett....could certainly make a home at Notts
    Kermit.....yes, yes, would love a striker called Kermit
    Lorca.....pretty good around the box...and the internet
    Oliveria......slippery customer, smells nice though, decent chipper
    Kokko......hahahaha, need I go there?....would fit in nicely with Tosi
    Babacar....the Kop could have some fun here "Babacar is a......small kiddies automobile"?
    Paez.....probably only interested in the dosh
    Pinto......full of beans, sits on his own in the dressing room

finally, Cristaldo......better than renaldo

full list https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spie...=2018&yt0=Show
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 18-02-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Plenty of centre~forward free agents out there......my personal favourites and non~starters

Tosi.....would he really be bothered, spends too much time in the toilets?
    Ranegie......probably not to be trusted
    Barrett....could certainly make a home at Notts
    Kermit.....yes, yes, would love a striker called Kermit
    Lorca.....pretty good around the box...and the internet
    Oliveria......slippery customer, smells nice though, decent chipper
    Kokko......hahahaha, need I go there?....would fit in nicely with Tosi
    Babacar....the Kop could have some fun here "Babacar is a......small kiddies automobile"?
    Paez.....probably only interested in the dosh
    Pinto......full of beans, sits on his own in the dressing room

finally, Cristaldo......better than renaldo

full list https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spie...=2018&yt0=Show
    Being slightly more realistic, these are the pick of page 2, Bargain Basement Strikers....available tomorrow, 135K and under

Pekka.......keeps his head down, especially if you sprinkle some corn in the oppo box, resembles Hawkridge minus a head
    Ousman Jalon....smells nice in the dressing room
    Ulrik.......used to be pretty good under a previous England manager!!
    Egeizy......for example, makes striking look easy
    Gnabouyou......seriously?.....not a kop favourite, we are gonna boo you....low on confidence bordering on suicidal
    Shumulin.....pretty good on a snow~covered pitch
    Borisov....not to be trusted, runs up debts then legs it
    Admir Catovic.....fancies himself too much, showboater
    Shpetim.....a bit phlegmy for me, comes with his own spittoon
    Arthuro....puts teams to the sword, good in a battle
    .....and finally, the cheapest of my picks at 45k.....Motov.....makes one el of a cocktail, but we could get burnt on this one

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast