+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 101 of 625 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Not likely he doesn't even appear to be in the final four.
    Well the folk that make these decisions obviously don’t realise how lucky Scottish football is to have him

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Well the folk that make these decisions obviously don’t realise how lucky Scottish football is to have him
    Scottish footballs loss would be league ones gain

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Scottish footballs loss would be league ones gain
    Happiness, Happiness, the greatest gift that you possess

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Happiness, Happiness, the greatest gift that you possess
    Alright. Before we play tonight when anything more than a win will no doubt have this place in meltdown ;

I had a fanciful thought last night. We may not win ALL our final games , but can you imagine the weegie meltwdown if Celtic blew it ?? If they just kept losing . After Hibs, they lost to the Huns. Then Hearts . And Killie again.

It`s very very unlikely , as if they were playing gash a Referee would eventually chip in with dodgy penalty or whitever.
    But just imagine the stramash if they lost all those games , and had to beat us in the last game. ( Oh aye, there`s the cruncher. They WOULd beat us then !! )

But if they didn`t. Just dwell on the carnage to Hollywwod teeths reputation. arsenal job ? Aye, !!

I know I`ll get pelters for this . But like I said , BEFORE tonights game . It`s just nice to ponder on one of those " carlsberg " moments.

Anyway , see Deek has issued a statement . Says all the right things about commitment and that. and buying good players in close season. and that. Hooray !!! COYR !!!

Del’s statement:

“We’ve now got three crucial and exciting home games against Hearts, Hibs and Rangers, and I know that us all pulling together, supporters and players alike, showing the passion needed both on and off the pitch, we will be a tough team to stop as we strive to finish 2nd and qualify for the Europa League once again.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to express my personal thanks to the 100,000 supporters who follow the Club worldwide.

This season we have been again very consistent through our league form but we’ve also had our fair share of disappointing results and missed real opportunities both in the league and cups and I know how bitterly disappointed we all feel when we lose, but we now have the chance to right a few wrongs in the remaining fixtures and to address what needs to be done in the close season.

I’m determined to take full advantage of the upcoming close season to improve the overall quality of our squad. I remain 100% committed to Aberdeen and am even more motivated to bringing success here. The visible improvement of on-field results over the last few years demonstrates how hard my staff and players are working – but I want more than that for Aberdeen.

With your continued support and a successful transfer window behind us and hopefully more of our talented youngsters making an impact next season, there’s much to look forward to with everyone’s continued effort along with those of our dedicated Board we can look to exciting days ahead.

Stand Free!”

Hard to argue with the content as to be honest most is a statement of the bleeding obvious (apart fae the 100k fans thing - fars he getting that number fae?)

Personally though I’m sick of all this talk - from players or management - Just go out on the f’ckin pitch and show the commitment and desire we expect.

Let’s see what happens tonight then - Del boy hopefully winna have egg all over his face after the statement. Just put a team out to get stuck in and have a proper go against that diet hun s’hite Del eh - there’s a good lad.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Del’s statement:

“We’ve now got three crucial and exciting home games against Hearts, Hibs and Rangers, and I know that us all pulling together, supporters and players alike, showing the passion needed both on and off the pitch, we will be a tough team to stop as we strive to finish 2nd and qualify for the Europa League once again.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to express my personal thanks to the 100,000 supporters who follow the Club worldwide.

This season we have been again very consistent through our league form but we’ve also had our fair share of disappointing results and missed real opportunities both in the league and cups and I know how bitterly disappointed we all feel when we lose, but we now have the chance to right a few wrongs in the remaining fixtures and to address what needs to be done in the close season.

I’m determined to take full advantage of the upcoming close season to improve the overall quality of our squad. I remain 100% committed to Aberdeen and am even more motivated to bringing success here. The visible improvement of on-field results over the last few years demonstrates how hard my staff and players are working – but I want more than that for Aberdeen.

With your continued support and a successful transfer window behind us and hopefully more of our talented youngsters making an impact next season, there’s much to look forward to with everyone’s continued effort along with those of our dedicated Board we can look to exciting days ahead.

Stand Free!”

Hard to argue with the content as to be honest most is a statement of the bleeding obvious (apart fae the 100k fans thing - fars he getting that number fae?)

Personally though I’m sick of all this talk - from players or management - Just go out on the f’ckin pitch and show the commitment and desire we expect.

Let’s see what happens tonight then - Del boy hopefully winna have egg all over his face after the statement. Just put a team out to get stuck in and have a proper go against that diet hun s’hite Del eh - there’s a good lad.
    0-0 tonight then? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    0-0 tonight then? :-)
    Sadly, if I was a betting man that’s what my money would be on. Diets games are usually eye bleeding to watch.

Happy to be proved wrong of course!

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    How has the 100,000 number been arrived at? How do you quantify a support?
    Plucked from thin air.

You could go through every line if that & completely dismantle it if you could be @rsed. Unusually for me, I can’t for a change

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    How has the 100,000 number been arrived at? How do you quantify a support?
    Oh that`s easy. 40K at Parkgreen. Could have sold another 5 0r 6k tickets.

Just assume that for everyone there, there was a wifey, son or Daughter , near neighbour or a bloke you once met at a bus stop for each of them. Bingo. 100k.

bit like the attendance figures for Old Firm home games. always full to bursting , eh ?

( For my + One in this calculation . There`s an old bloke who always wears a 1983 anorak , who drinks in The Shrewsbury Arms in stafford. I have a sales Stall at the motorbike show there twice a year. And he`s always there. Stafford born and bred. But supports Aberdeen. Knows all about any team you care quiz him on. But never been to a game.
    He`s one of the 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Del’s statement:

Stand Free!”

He wasn't 100% committed to Aberdeen when he spent several weeks dithering about the Sevco job. If it hadn't been for that, we would have more points and might even be top of the league.

Page 101 of 625 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast