+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 133 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I was really meaning the current loanees, Ball, Stewart etc.
    I quite like Stewart, he is quite technical and holds the ball well.
    We play him in the wrong position for me though as he is not blessed with the pace out wide.
    I'd happily keep him for next season if available and utilise behind Cosgrove.
    There will certainly be a space to fill there with McLean and Christie gone.
    Other than that, I guess May could play there

Have any of our youth players gone on to prove at other clubs that they were good enough for our starting XI?

It will be interesting to see how Cammy Smith fares next season. Although he has done well at St Mirren I suspect he has found his level.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Have any of our youth players gone on to prove at other clubs that they were good enough for our starting XI?

It will be interesting to see how Cammy Smith fares next season. Although he has done well at St Mirren I suspect he has found his level.
    I think the key decision was him not being successful at Dundee Utd.
    I always liked him at Aberdeen, thought he had pace and directness about him, not too far away from commanding a starting spot in my opinion, but the loan move never worked out and he's moved on.

I'd be far more interested to see how Frank Ross has developed and if he is able to push into the first team this next season

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post

Joe Shaughnessy. A bit of patience shown there and we wouldn’t had to have suffered some of the shyte we’ve had since.

There’s an almost endless list of reasons (not all of them Dereks fault) why young players don’t make it. Bad attitude, bad luck, bad coaching but surely some of the fun supporting a team is finding out?

As for players finding their level, for the most part that’s true. I would say that there’s folk that drink in my local that are, without question, better players than some that have played for Aberdeen. That’s probably true for everyone on here.

Being an Aberdeen youth player and not being good enough for the first eleven never held back Andy considine or Darren mackie

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Being an Aberdeen youth player and not being good enough for the first eleven never held back Andy considine or Darren mackie
    True & as long as the Largs coaching manual dictates that attitude > talent, then that will always be the case

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Joe Shaughnessy. A bit of patience shown there and we wouldn’t had to have suffered some of the shyte we’ve had since.

There’s an almost endless list of reasons (not all of them Dereks fault) why young players don’t make it. Bad attitude, bad luck, bad coaching but surely some of the fun supporting a team is finding out?

As for players finding their level, for the most part that’s true. I would say that there’s folk that drink in my local that are, without question, better players than some that have played for Aberdeen. That’s probably true for everyone on here.
    Sorry Mason but Joe Shaughnessy is rank. He is often caught out of position and loses players he is marking far too often. The St.Johnstone defence is nowhere near as good as they were before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Both truly embarrassing players to manage the length of time at our club.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Both truly embarrassing players to manage the length of time at our club.
    Jesus i can be harsh but thats brutal. Dazzler was poor (im being kind) but had his occasional moments albeit very few and spread very thinly over his career. Consi has certainly never been an embarrassment for me and has seen some of his better spells under McInnes, and i actually think he's improved over the years. Just fails when up against the bigot brothers...who doesnt tho over the years with the exception of Hayes.
    What's embarrassing is that players like Dazzler wasnt moved on 8 years sooner than he was. Successive managers are to blame for this.

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Jesus i can be harsh but thats brutal. Dazzler was poor (im being kind) but had his occasional moments albeit very few and spread very thinly over his career. Consi has certainly never been an embarrassment for me and has seen some of his better spells under McInnes, and i actually think he's improved over the years. Just fails when up against the bigot brothers...who doesnt tho over the years with the exception of Hayes.
    What's embarrassing is that players like Dazzler wasnt moved on 8 years sooner than he was. Successive managers are to blame for this.
    Mackie and Considine only made/make a living from Aberdeen because they are good trainers and nice guys. Considine is not the worst player I have seen but if he cannot perform in higher pressure matches then we really should have moved him on quickly when that became evident. Mackie was a nice guy also but had very little ability. The length of time they both have served with Aberdeen is truly embarrassing. It just goes to show that our club only wants nice guys who lack an edge of ambition and lack an edge of quality.

Page 133 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast