+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 136 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Why do you think Ross is in the frame for these jobs & McInnes isn’t?
    His salary will be much lower plus they are taking a chance that he might be the next best young thing (much like Bristol C took a chance on McInness at the time and Norwich with Neil)

He's young, done a fantastic job in his short career, will be a cheaper option and worked well on a low budget.
    McInnes will be more expensive, expect higher funds available, has the Bristol City experience hanging over him (although he was not supported by the board as promised)

Why do you think Ipswich are not going for a more experienced manager like Lennon or Clarke (keeping clear of your bias against McInnes)

That’s that turd nice & polished now, cheers

You would need to ask a Hibs or Kilmarnock fan why they’re not going for Lennon or Clarke. I can only tell you why they’re not going after McInnes. It’s because he’s a Hun dunce

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    They are all managers lauded as better than McInnes by some in here.

McWinless, lol. The schoolboy names keep coming.

You do realise (I'll repeat it in case you missed it), that despite being predicted he would not win a game post split, some even saying he'd get 0 points, that Aberdeen are the only undefeated team post split and accumulated most points so far post split.
    Ffs........surely our current coach did not guide the once michty into Europe.......again?......life can be a b@stard at times, using up air miles and spending euros......again!

SF

Nothing anybody says will change your stance on McInnes, thats a fact. However using McInnes not being approached for the Ipswich job, as being indicative to his managerial abilities, or your view, lack of them, isnt going to wash either.

There are 42 teams in Scotland, some good, some ****e, they went for Ross, so that means everyone else is ****e? It means nothing that they didnt go for him. Its really sad that people in our won support will use this as 'ammo' to defend their negative, albeit sometimes justified stance on McInnes. I know its all tongue in cheek, or at least i hope it is, but its a bit daft.

I’m only pointing it because for the better part of a year, I’ve read that he’s not ready for the step up to manage a club like Aberdeen. Now he’s being interviewed for a job that McInnes would donate a ******* for. Anyway, the reason McInnes is being defended on here over this issue, isn’t because of his merits or ability. It’s because it looks looks like I was right about Ross

I’m only pointing it because for the better part of a year, I’ve read that he’s not ready for the step up to manage a club like Aberdeen. Now he’s being interviewed for a job that McInnes would donate a ******* for. Anyway, the reason McInnes is being defended on here over this issue, isn’t because of his merits or ability. It’s because it looks looks like I was right about Ross
    Granted, you can have that one.

You may be right about Ross or you may not. One way or another we will know in a years time. Either he is still with St Mirren and if he makes the top 6 that will be a good indication that he can take a team beyond what they should achieve in the top division or he is somewhere like Ipswich and if he gets them somewhere close to the play off places then again I would say he has outperformed expectations. Bottom 6 in SPFL or bottom half of Championship then maybe he's not the next best thing after all

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Bottom 6 in SPFL or bottom half of Championship then maybe he's not the next best thing after all
    Same as McInnes before he came here then?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Same as McInnes before he came here then?
    I'm not sure there was a single person said McInnes was next best thing when he came to Aberdeen

Page 136 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast