+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 155 of 625 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I agree that we should have had both penalties but even with that it would only paper over the cracks as our 6 league goals would be from 3 penalties, a direct free kick, a scramble from a corner and one outfield goal. Or lack of goals will continue to cost us points until it is rectified
    Don’t forget the goal we lost in Perth is my absolute favourite thing to bash McWinless with - defending at corner kicks. Folk blaming Logan for it was mental. He should’ve been on the post. Simple stuff that our thick as shyte Manager can’t cope with

Firstly, no other manager in the SPL would do much or any better than McInnes. Maybe a Lennon team would be much better to watch. But they got utterly pumped by Molde in Europe as well, and do have at least as many bad results domestically.

Secondly, McInnes or our recruitment team do waste lots of money and too much to be any more successful than we are. He could have a much better team with a hit rate of closer to 80/90% rather than 30/40%. And he often blatantly picks the wrong players even with better players...

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s the same question I’ve been asked on a weekly basis. It’s just an extension of who do you replace Langfield with? Who comes in after Milne goes? I’m not sure. I suggested Jack Ross a couple of years back but apparently he needs to do his apprenticeship first before taking on the massive Aberdeen job.

We’re not getting value for money though. There seems to be lower paid managers signing better quality & getting more out them than our genius. We should’ve sacked him when we had the chance. That decision is looking more & more ridiculous every week
    I don't take as harsh a stance on McInnes as you do, but bolded bit in the second paragraph there is absolutely spot on and is a completely valid point. One could look it and say, yes we have done okay over the last few seasons, but imagine what we could of achieved if we really bought well and got the best out of our players.

Our recruitment this season has been very average and selling our top scoring striker... utter madness. I had huge hopes with the introduction of the DNA scheme, but its been an absolute hoof in the nuts so far. I'm not saying sack him, I'm not saying he is a genius, but what I have consistently said is that this was always the make or break season after last years disappointments.

SAck LaZy McINnEs aNd DO aWaY wItH hIs NEgaTiVe bRaNd oF fOoTbAlL!

Hoofball up to one no goal scoring striker and 2 sitting midfielders is absolute pants to watch.
    Last edited by RED_JOHN; 19-09-2018 at 11:36 AM.

The Rooney issue is a convenient stick to beat Mcinnes with. I agree Rooney would have got game time. However it's not as if we have been creating chances for our forwards and we are missing them. Rooney is a penalty box striker who even in his peak couldn't create a chance for him self. There is a contra argument to that in that he was good at finding positions that allowed him to score. This was less apparent in the last 2 seasons and we could go on about the basic flaws in his game ad nauseum

Mcinness was not intending to sell Rooney. Rooney was offered what was perhaps his last big pay day down south. Mcinness out of loyalty to the player and potentially to the detriment of the team agreed reluctantly not to stand in his way. He also would not have been in a position to guarantee game time.

I am as frustrated as the next man with Mcinness tactics at times. Why buy May if you aren't going to play someone up with him ? Why try and shoehorn Stewart into a position that didn't suit him and when he started to do ok drop him completely for an obviously unfit McGinn ?

Why did we show no interest in Mallan and continue with an obviously futile pursuit of McGeoch to the detriment of other potential signings ?

However, he has enough goodwill in the tank to be given the chance this season to see what he can do with the team.

Clarke would be the only upgrade but his position as manager of Killie is a false one. He would never be there under normal circumstances and continue to be there given the job he is doing. He is there until he gets a gig down South.I

So as I said before the split last year prove us all wrong Mcinness you little pr ick.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I agree that we should have had both penalties but even with that it would only paper over the cracks as our 6 league goals would be from 3 penalties, a direct free kick, a scramble from a corner and one outfield goal. Or lack of goals will continue to cost us points until it is rectified
    Not papering over the cracks at all.
    It would have ground out the extra points to have us on 11-13 points whilst we are adjusting.
    Over the season we may not fare as well, lets see, but would there really be the same hysteria if we were in 2nd with 11-13 points?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    The Rooney issue is a convenient stick to beat Mcinnes with. I agree Rooney would have got game time. However it's not as if we have been creating chances for our forwards and we are missing them. Rooney is a penalty box striker who even in his peak couldn't create a chance for him self. There is a contra argument to that in that he was good at finding positions that allowed him to score. This was less apparent in the last 2 seasons and we could go on about the basic flaws in his game ad nauseum

Mcinness was not intending to sell Rooney. Rooney was offered what was perhaps his last big pay day down south. Mcinness out of loyalty to the player and potentially to the detriment of the team agreed reluctantly not to stand in his way. He also would not have been in a position to guarantee game time.

I am as frustrated as the next man with Mcinness tactics at times. Why buy May if you aren't going to play someone up with him ? Why try and shoehorn Stewart into a position that didn't suit him and when he started to do ok drop him completely for an obviously unfit McGinn ?

Why did we show no interest in Mallan and continue with an obviously futile pursuit of McGeoch to the detriment of other potential signings ?

However, he has enough goodwill in the tank to be given the chance this season to see what he can do with the team.

Clarke would be the only upgrade but his position as manager of Killie is a false one. He would never be there under normal circumstances and continue to be there given the job he is doing. He is there until he gets a gig down South.I

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    The Rooney stick is only convenient due to a very good reason.

Loyalty to a player obviously means more to McInnes than it does to the fans if you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It would have ground out the extra points to have us on 11-13 points whilst we are adjusting.
    Over the season we may not fare as well, lets see, but would there really be the same hysteria if we were in 2nd with 11-13 points?
    Pish point. We aren't 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    We are creating next to phuck all chances for players that cant score anyway.

Page 155 of 625 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast