+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 168 of 625 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Rooney said in a radio interview that his last 6 months at the club he was bit-part and the manager had a different idea what he wanted from his strikers to what he had previously. The only personnel at that point that had changed with a dramatic effect was Hayes and Jack - We still had McLean, Christie etc at that point.

Maybe he had lost a step, but he could find the net. I'd rather that than the leaning tower of Pisa just spinning about doing nothing 30 yards from goal.
    Nail on the head. We didn't have Hayes . We had to change the way we played. We were hugely reliant on him.
    Aberdeen are not good enough to have to play with ten men in big games when invariably Rooney would not score.
    I'm not saying don't play Anderson. He needs to play in a front two. I wouldn't want him thrown to the wolves as a loan striker.
    Rhubarb fantastic film. Eric Sykes was ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Nail on the head. We didn't have Hayes . We had to change the way we played. We were hugely reliant on him.
    Aberdeen are not good enough to have to play with ten men in big games when invariably Rooney would not score.
    I'm not saying don't play Anderson. He needs to play in a front two. I wouldn't want him thrown to the wolves as a loan striker.
    Rhubarb fantastic film. Eric Sykes was ace.
    What is this obsession with lone strikers anyway - top teams are mainly playing "front 3's" - You barely get an old school partnership. Classic dark ages of Scottish football yet again.

Unfortunately we will never play that way as Derek wants his multiple holding midfielders...Anderson might as well leave then since we are playing 1 up under Mcinnes now and that's that.

We've changed for the worse, so does that mean that Derek just got lucky with Hayes hitting form at the right time and carried us for the most part and he's actually a garbage manager?
    Last edited by TheGhostofMicoud; 19-09-2018 at 08:35 PM.

What is this obsession with lone strikers anyway - top teams are mainly playing "front 3's" - You barely get an old school partnership. Classic dark ages of Scottish football yet again.

Unfortunately we will never play that way as Derek wants his multiple holding midfielders...Anderson might as well leave then since we are playing 1 up under Mcinnes now and that's that.

We've changed for the worse, so does that mean that Derek just got lucky with Hayes hitting form at the right time and carried us for the most part and he's actually a garbage manager?
    Bingo!

I don't agree with the one striker up front malarkey particularly with the current squad.

I don't agree with the one striker up front malarkey particularly with the current squad.
    Wasn't our League Cup winning team Rooney up front with McGinn and Hayes either side - 3 Centre Mids Flood, Robson and Jack.

Don't see how we can't have GMS, Anderson, McGinn as a front 3 with Shinnie, Ferguson and Ross in midfield (I'm not having Gleeson, Forrester or Ball)

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Bingo!

Not many fans do which makes it even more outrageous that the idiot in charge persists with this philosophy.
    Cosgrove up front on Saturday should be a treat to behold.

Wasn't our League Cup winning team Rooney up front with McGinn and Hayes either side - 3 Centre Mids Flood, Robson and Jack.

Don't see how we can't have GMS, Anderson, McGinn as a front 3 with Shinnie, Ferguson and Ross in midfield (I'm not having Gleeson, Forrester or Ball)
    Hayes went off very early in final. Surprise. Surprise we were s hit after that.

Hayes went off very early in final. Surprise. Surprise we were s hit after that.
    Wasn't the only game we played that way though and Rooney banged in goals upon goals.

Why change so dramatically to this obsession McInnes has with a big lumbering clumsy striker?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Not many fans do which makes it even more outrageous that the idiot in charge persists with this philosophy.
    Cosgrove up front on Saturday should be a treat to behold.
    If this game has goals in it i'll be astonished. It'll need to come off someones backside.

Page 168 of 625 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast