+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 185 of 625 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    To build for success in any walk of life you need to invest, not necessarily in mega money, however, during Delilah’s reign the only money spent on signings by the 2nd best team was £175K on donsdafts favourite player.....I genuinely disagree with team selections/tactics at times, I don’t have the data collected or the medical advice though, all day long Consi getting injured in the semi did assist our chances, but......and a big but....SAF picked players for us/Man U that many of us would never do.....most importantly let’s just get behind our team versus those mhinks regardless who pulls on the shirts that we would all have loved to be able to do.

SF
    We are all Aberdeen supporters and pretty sure we all want our team to win. This doesn’t mean we should dish out a free reign to the people who hold us back from progressing. I want better for my team but I certainly don’t trust Milne and McInnes to achieve this so their criticism is very warranted. You have to admit our standard of play is mostly woeful but unfortunately we as a club are happy to plod along.
    Another big factor is our support has no real edge to it now...we have become bored and easily manipulated by our clubs leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We are all Aberdeen supporters and pretty sure we all want our team to win. This doesn’t mean we should dish out a free reign to the people who hold us back from progressing. I want better for my team but I certainly don’t trust Milne and McInnes to achieve this so their criticism is very warranted. You have to admit our standard of play is mostly woeful but unfortunately we as a club are happy to plod along.
    Another big factor is our support has no real edge to it now...we have become bored and easily manipulated by our clubs leaders.
    RJ, some valid points, however to challenge in any sport you need the best... for long before our curre/ant coach you need the basics and our chairman for some time in his quest to being the richest man planted in Alford is transparent to most in not providing this......as for us not having a real edge supportwise? admittedly myself/family will be quite sedate on Sunday tbh, however, my mates will be on it like a car bonnet willing us on as per.

SF

Right, regardless of Sunday's result, McInnes has got to go..... and the ideal man to replace him has said he's available.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46388630

I'll no' sleep tonight just thinking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Right, regardless of Sunday's result, McInnes has got to go..... and the ideal man to replace him has said he's available.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46388630

I'll no' sleep tonight just thinking about it.
    Well he has won more major honours than Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Well he has won more major honours than Derek
    Not much difference between McInnes and Alex Miller, both boring as f@ck tactically.

Not much difference between McInnes and Alex Miller, both boring as f@ck tactically.
    Of for flock's sake, please, please, please tell me you are joking.

I think, and this is an area not without stern competition, the Alex Miller era was the worst, most joyless, wholesalely moribund period in my lifetime of supporting AFC (first game October 1970).

Even the colour of the stadium seemed more gray.
    It was dire......dire is not harsh enough.

The man was a positivity vacuum, he could suck the joy from....... anything.

He could've made a threesome with Beyonce and Shakira seem like overtime reorganising the filing system.

It seemed to always rain at every game I was at during those days, dark, dark spirit-sapping, soul-destroying nightmares.

Now that is just stupid...
    Almost as bad as comparing McInnes to Savile.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    Now that is just stupid...
    Almost as bad as comparing McInnes to Savile.

Derek McInnes/Jimmy Saville....both had a free reign to do as they please and no one pulled them up.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I think, and this is an area not without stern competition, the Alex Miller era was the worst, most joyless, wholesalely moribund period in my lifetime of supporting AFC (first game October 1970).

Even the colour of the stadium seemed more gray.
    It was dire......dire is not harsh enough.

The man was a positivity vacuum, he could suck the joy from....... anything.

He could've made a threesome with Beyonce and Shakira seem like overtime reorganising the filing system.

It seemed to always rain at every game I was at during those days, dark, dark spirit-sapping, soul-destroying nightmares.
    I totally agree, which is why when people slate DM and compare with Hibs, ICT and the likes of Ross County, it’s worth remembering Alex Miller and how he was successful at St Mirren and Hibs before he came here.

Page 185 of 625 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast