+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 199 of 625 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,990 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    When I was playing Culter, Formartinks, Sunnybank, Banks o Dee, Longside (of the top of my head) had masses of money. We had to rely on a decent selling of sweepers for that week to make ends meet. Massive difference in the Superleague. Some players that could easily play HFL or above were playing juniors because of the money
    Were these teams with masses of money paying their players £14K a week more than your team ?.......(using the figures that you posted on the Financial Statements thread)

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Were these teams with masses of money paying their players £14K a week more than your team ?.......(using the figures that you posted on the Financial Statements thread)
    We didn't get paid. Travel expenses and two pairs of boots a season. So the likes of Ex Don Colin Milne at Formartine or Neil McRitchie at Culters wages compared to our nothing was a f@cking gigantic difference.

When I was playing Culter, Formartinks, Sunnybank, Banks o Dee, Longside (of the top of my head) had masses of money. We had to rely on a decent selling of sweepers for that week to make ends meet. Massive difference in the Superleague. Some players that could easily play HFL or above were playing juniors because of the money

You had to rely on selling decent sweepers?

One Wuillie Miller, there's only one Wuillie Miller

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    I think McInnes got his tactics and team formation spot on yesterday. The only mistake was playing Cosgrove. I thought we matched Celtic very well and restricted them to a handful of chances. Other than their goal, their best chance came from a shocking, but not surprising, decision from a shocking referee.

I'm probably going to get slated for this by the usual suspects but I think the defeat yesterday was due to bad luck more than anything else. Lewis' great save went unluckily went straight back to Christie. If it had gone anywhere else, they wouldn't have scored. Equally Simunovic's backpass? Could easily have gone in instead of hitting the bar.

He needs to give Anderson and McLennan a good run in the team to see what they can do.
    I don't think it comes down to bad luck. The players generally played well yesterday, but a big factor in yesterday's defeat comes down to player recruitment. The summer signings have been diabolical and playing Cosgrove is playing with 10 men. The lad is useless and will never make the grade with us. When he plays, the easy option is to lump high balls to a guy who has no natural control. We were never going to score with him up front. We really need to take the hit on some of the deadwood and get a goalscorer in January. Thought Lowe was great yesterday and Connor McLennan looks like a player we should start giving some serious game time to. Tactically, I thought DM set the team up well yesterday but sadly we come up short again. One other thing yesterday makes clear, is that on no account should we ever develop an opposition player. I get why there's an argument to getting a player on loan you may not be able to normally afford, but when that player is from a direct rival, it should never be considered.

Also, Dons Daft...glasses are ace min. Highly recommended

We didn't get paid. Travel expenses and two pairs of boots a season. So the likes of Ex Don Colin Milne at Formartine or Neil McRitchie at Culters wages compared to our nothing was a f@cking gigantic difference.
    And what do you reckon the likes of Milne and McRitchie were getting ?......probably more likely substantial one-off payments for signing on , rather than weekly wages , I'm guessing.

If Derek was held in such high esteem by the rest of the footballing world surely we’d be beating his suitors off with a stick. However as we aren’t that tells all you need to know.

Ach Colin Milne was nae that special.
    Used to have him in my hipper most games I came up against him.
    He relied an awful lot on his pace.
    Thought he would have been a good few years older than you though, so probably slowed up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    And what do you reckon the likes of Milne and McRitchie were getting ?......probably more likely substantial one-off payments for signing on , rather than weekly wages , I'm guessing.
    Atholl Cadger was always coming up with deals to pay players.
    He's even been known to give players jobs at Rollstud as a way of compensating players

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Atholl Cadger was always coming up with deals to pay players.
    He's even been known to give players jobs at Rollstud as a way of compensating players
    £14K a week type jobs ?

Quote Originally Posted by redday1903 View Post
    One other thing yesterday makes clear, is that on no account should we ever develop an opposition player. I get why there's an argument to getting a player on loan you may not be able to normally afford, but when that player is from a direct rival, it should never be considered.
    I understand this given he has recently got his chance and it has come back to haunt us.
    Until he took his opportunity in the semi against Hearts, there was talk of him moving on from Celtic and who's to say if we could not have encouraged him to sign for us.

It should always be looked at how we can get the best players for Aberdeen

Page 199 of 625 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201209249299 ... LastLast