+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 214 of 625 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    . We will never kick on if he keeps this fear of them up
    We will also never kick on with the less than average standard of player that he continues to recruit, OK! yes there is the odd exception to that statement but fk me law of averages and all that.

Time for massive changes at our club, or have the amount of punters that are happy with "just not being sh1te anymore" won the day and that's us capped out, poor poor fkn doings if that is the case.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    We will also never kick on with the less than average standard of player that he continues to recruit, OK! yes there is the odd exception to that statement but fk me law of averages and all that.

Time for massive changes at our club, or have the amount of punters that are happy with "just not being sh1te anymore" won the day and that's us capped out, poor poor fkn doings if that is the case.

SF
    Milne and McInnes have brainwashed far too many Aberdeen punters into believing we are lucky with what we have. A lot of people are not for changing so fully expect more of the same for a good while yet. It’s the Aberdeen way.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Milne and McInnes have brainwashed far too many Aberdeen punters into believing we are lucky with what we have. A lot of people are not for changing so fully expect more of the same for a good while yet. It’s the Aberdeen way.
    You could consider it a fear of change, but who would you recommend to make the changes you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You could consider it a fear of change, but who would you recommend to make the changes you expect?
    If we want real change at Aberdeen we need to get Milne out the door also. We need someone at the top of the club with ambition to succeed on the park. McInnes himself doesn’t have it in him to improve on where we are. We are stuck with this duo so expect more of the same. The fear of change has gripped the Aberdeen public. Who would have thought that not that long ago?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    If we want real change at Aberdeen we need to get Milne out the door also. We need someone at the top of the club with ambition to succeed on the park. McInnes himself doesn’t have it in him to improve on where we are. We are stuck with this duo so expect more of the same. The fear of change has gripped the Aberdeen public. Who would have thought that not that long ago?
    Well dodged, but irrespective of the chairmans position, which manager do you want to succeed McInnes?

For manager I would not be against Neil Lennon, yes his hibs team are a wee bit hot and cold this season, like many other teams are, but there is one thing for sure and that is he himself is a fighter and not a bottler and just might be worth ago.
    McInnes has done decent for us we cant deny that, as it was dark dark times indeed that he took over from.
    I dont have a dislike for the man, infact quite the opposite, but everybody has their limitations and DM has capped out at his and does not have what it takes to kick this club on to the next level.
    In many ways I compare McInnes's tenure to that of Jimmy Calderwood, Jimmy came in amidst very dark times and steadied the ship and made us "not sh1te anymore" he did not have what it takes to kick us on so we rightly decided it was time to move on.
    Unfortunately the managers that have been tried since calderwood took us right back to where we started when JC came in the door.
    Then in comes McInnes and he also like calderwood steadies the ship and makes us "not sh1te anymore" But he also does not have what it takes to kick us on so it's time for him to go. I don't dislike them man, i just want our club to have the balls and the desire to kick on and find that next level.
    Despite all their millions timothy were there to be beaten last night and have been on a number of occasions over the years and us with DM at the helm are simply not ready nor capable to take advantage of it.

Is it Neil Lennon? i dont really but that would be my suggestion.

SF

There are a few that suggest Lennon, but that would be a backward step in my opinion.
    What has he achieved outside of Celtic where he had the funds?
    He’s constantly been behind Aberdeen and regularly defeated by McInnes, despite being lauded for recruiting better than us.

There are a few that suggest Lennon, but that would be a backward step in my opinion.
    What has he achieved outside of Celtic where he had the funds?
    He’s constantly been behind Aberdeen and regularly defeated by McInnes, despite being lauded for recruiting better than us.
    Like I said pal, Lennon would be my suggestion I don't really know if it is the correct one but it is one that I think is worth considering. (opinions and all that malarkey)
    Do you agree on the similarities between the tenure of McInnes and the tenure of Calderwood?
    We decided it was time to move the dons on to the next level and thanked JC for steadying the ship and we moved on. Sadly (very sadly) McGhee and then Craig Brown took us right back to where we were before Jimmy came on board and we needed somebody to do a calderwood job all over again. Enter Derek McInnes and he has done just that got us back to where we were under Calderwoods leadership.
    He cant take us any further so there hangs the question who is the right man to do it, my punt would be Lennon who would yours be?

SF

Well dodged, but irrespective of the chairmans position, which manager do you want to succeed McInnes?
    Steve Clarke would certainly not be a backward step and is doing a remarkable job at Kilmarnock with a very little budget. Neil Lennon wouldn’t lie down to Celtic when up against them so I would certainly take him as stated previously. I don’t particularly like him but believe he is no coward against Celtic and Sevco so that itself would be a plus. There is plenty managers out there....we need someone who fears no one. Don’t expect Milne to pick someone different very soon as he is happy we just played Celtic never mind the thought of actually having a real go at them.

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Like I said pal, Lennon would be my suggestion I don't really know if it is the correct one but it is one that I think is worth considering. (opinions and all that malarkey)
    Do you agree on the similarities between the tenure of McInnes and the tenure of Calderwood?
    We decided it was time to move the dons on to the next level and thanked JC for steadying the ship and we moved on. Sadly (very sadly) McGhee and then Craig Brown took us right back to where we were before Jimmy came on board and we needed somebody to do a calderwood job all over again. Enter Derek McInnes and he has done just that got us back to where we were under Calderwoods leadership.
    He cant take us any further so there hangs the question who is the right man to do it, my punt would be Lennon who would yours be?

SF
    If you are likening the McInness era to the Calderwood era, then isn’t that an example of change for change sake and the risks for doing so.
    I don’t get the clamour for Lennon. He’s a welt of a manager.
    No point in being up for the cheeks games and failing to do it in others, languishing mid table. That’s pre-Calderwoodesque.
    You want to go back to that? Raising our game against the cheeks but failin to be consistent. That’s what Lennon is achieving.

Page 214 of 625 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast