+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 229 of 625 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    The historical comparison doesn't work for me, you cannot separate the manager from the times in which we was working in.

For instance, it's difficult to assess Ebbe Skovdahl's tenure when even clubs like Dundee were bringing experienced international players whilst we were making do with the likes of Phil McGuire & Ben Thornley.

McInnes hasn't had competition for much of his reign from Govan and even now it's very diluted. Hearts went into administration and were relegated, Hibs and Dundee United were in the second tier too. Only now is the old status quo beginning to re-assert itself (United aside)

McInnes needs to stop repeating his tactical mistakes and find a way to win silverware because as soon as this run of second places end, people like yourself will start calling for his head too.

However, my feeling is that the he's missed the chance to become more than a one cup wonder (the 2014 Scottish Cup was there on a plate for him after putting Celtic out at Parkhead) and he's now just wanting to maintain the steady performances and hope that another job that's attractive to him comes his way.
    Sums up my feelings. Right now he's probably doing a good job but I said time and time again that we should have done more when the usual competition were all basket cases. Definitely a missed opportunity, things were so much easier. Even now the competition isn't great.

Well if you're so keen on reaching finals Steven Robinson took Motherwell to both cup finals last season on far less a budget than McInnes
    Did he win any?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What’s your expectation, the only way to significantly improve further is to win the league or another cup.
    That’s extremely tough to do with our budget.

Still waiting to see those suggestions.
    Well, I'd like to know how the scouting policy works.
    Can we seriously not find better or better value than we have seen over the last few windows?
    Yes budget is our biggest restriction but by christ, he seems to have an eye for the mediocre.
    If we cannot find any better out there, then we really need to find a way to bring young lads on.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Did he win any?
    My point exactly, thank you

Well if you're so keen on reaching finals Steven Robinson took Motherwell to both cup finals last season on far less a budget than McInnes
    Another good point.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Absolute tosh...did Ferguson tell his team to contain Celtic/Rangers and ask his forwards to man mark players as the game was getting played? Did he heck...he told them to get right at them and show them we were better than they thought.
    McInnes is an absolute sh!tebag of a manager against Celtic and an absolute embarrassment as he sets his team up to only try to keep Celtic quiet. What kind of pathetic tactics are these...not a winning one that is for sure.
    Different era, different set of players, different circumstances, different financial field.

Let's just say turnips are the same as pineapples.

Brilliant.

What's your point?

Always a losing side in every final. Are Motherwell fans shouting for Robinson's head since they didn't win?

So did Ebbe Skovdahl.
    Steve Robinson appears so far to be a one season wonder.

Are you touting Steve Robinson to replace McInnes?
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 28-12-2018 at 02:52 PM.

Page 229 of 625 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast