+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 290 of 625 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast
Results 2,891 to 2,900 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    He’s not wrong.
    Pittodrie is a soulless library 95% of the time.
    The design of Tynecastle helps too as opposed to the windy Legoland we sit in.
    I don’t disagree that the stands at Tynecastle are great for watching football but I also think our perspective is coloured by the fact that we bring a big support and there is always a decent atmosphere when we play them. I’m sure the place is as much of a library when Hamilton bring 150 fans. Pittodrie can still generate a fantastic atmosphere for the right occasion.

Should also be pointed out that while Tynecastle is great for watching football, it’s an absolute dump in all other respects.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 01-04-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Sly dig at us fans today or just likes Hearts? ‘The crowd here are brilliant for getting behind their team, any sort of opportunity or any sort of momentum that they can grab on to they do, they always get behind their team well and i thought they did that’
    Nae the first time hes done it either

Good way to win over fans. Knob. F@ck off to Hearts then

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I don’t disagree that the stands at Tynecastle are great for watching football but I also think our perspective is coloured by the fact that we bring a big support and there is always a decent atmosphere when we play them. I’m sure the place is as much of a library when Hamilton bring 150 fans. Pittodrie can still generate a fantastic atmosphere for the right occasion.

Should also be pointed out that while Tynecastle is great for watching football, it’s an absolute dump in all other respects.
    Fair comment.
    Generally, the majority of home grounds are very quiet.
    The bigot brothers included.
    Parkhead is a morgue, aside from the Goon Brigade.

I noticed the dig on Sportscene too during the post match interview. We haven't won at home since December 22nd, and now with the first defeat away he's beginning to look for 'reasons' for this other than his mystifying anti-football hoofball tactics.

A good manager needs to be honest with himself and not repeat the same mistakes. It's the old leadership problem that Saddam had. Once you have absolute power, none of your advisors are willing to explain that you're making a balls of it...

Derek - I take real pleasure that Sam’s reached that milestone of 20 goals. He’s proved a lot of people wrong and he’s proved me right.

Always said he was a smug tosser.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Derek - I take real pleasure that Sam’s reached that milestone of 20 goals. He’s proved a lot of people wrong and he’s proved me right.

Always said he was a smug tosser.
    Ever get the feeling Derek pays too much attention to what people are saying on social media? That's a few times recently he has had a wee dig.

If he can't take what idiots say on Facebook or certain football forums with a pinch of salt then maybe he is as thick as you've been telling us.

Derek - We overcame that hurdle at Ibrox and we showed we can deal with these types of games. It’s exciting for my supporters, players and staff.

‘My supporters’ He’s starting to fray at the edges

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Ever get the feeling Derek pays too much attention to what people are saying on social media? That's a few times recently he has had a wee dig.

If he can't take what idiots say on Facebook or certain football forums with a pinch of salt then maybe he is as thick as you've been telling us.
    I don't know...if he has been on social media a lot, and has had a look in on here the criticism is pretty relentless, quite nasty and personal at times. I'd use the word 'human' rather than 'thick' if it did irk him. If the folk that regularly make those comments want him out I'd suggest going and saying it to his face, just in case he hasn't had a look in...you know...make sure he gets the message. Probably what I would do if I felt that strongly about getting him out of the club.

I can see that the criticism in some areas is justified, just not the manner it's delivered...but it's a free country so people are within their rights to be as c***ish as they like behind a keyboard as long as they're not making threats. Not in my nature to be like that but each to their own.

I do actually agree a change in manager could well move us on, I just can't see Milne ever being able to select one. Case in point, though it's early days...Paul Heckingbottom. Lennon did a good job with Hibs and he's deemed good enough to go back to Celtic so if the guy keeps Hibs going in the way they've started under him there's a potential manager right there who could improve us. Milne wouldn't have the judgement to make a decent left field appointment. He'd probably just get in Tommy Wright or Gary Holt.

I’d definitely use the word ‘thick’

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    I don't know...if he has been on social media a lot, and has had a look in on here the criticism is pretty relentless, quite nasty and personal at times. I'd use the word 'human' rather than 'thick' if it did irk him.
    That's my point. I don't do facebook or anything like that but I sometimes get sent the team news with all the comments after it. It's all full of idiots trying to be funny and having a pop for no reason.

So I would probably class him as thick to if he pays any attention to it.

Page 290 of 625 FirstFirst ... 190240280288289290291292300340390 ... LastLast