+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 297 of 625 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

I wonder if Derek McInnes will come out and openly criticise the Celtic support for their bigotry towards him tommorow at the first opportunity. I heard him say after the match that he will take whatever punishment comes his way for the sending off on the chin. Never said outright that it was because of bigotry but he wrongly reacted to Celtic fans. It would be an excellent diversion tactic after today’s terrible performance from him and his team all round so this could happen. I could hear the chanting on the tv so he would have a valid point. The SFA should make them play the final without Celtic fans and that would send out a clear message about bigotry in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Its the greatest top Attachment 12390
    Jesus ****, I'd erased that from my memory. Spew AND brain haemorrhage that one.

Back to Mcinnes, I doubt anyone see's him as 'God', more that he's a decent manager. We need to properly implode before even the diehards who go to every game turn on him. Best thing to do would be for the lads who genuinely loathe him to get together and let him know how you feel in person after (or before) every home game. Whether you're a McWinless hater, a happy clapper or somewhere in between you can't change anything on an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I wonder if Derek McInnes will come out and openly criticise the Celtic support for their bigotry towards him tommorow at the first opportunity. I heard him say after the match that he will take whatever punishment comes his way for the sending off on the chin. Never said outright that it was because of bigotry but he wrongly reacted to Celtic fans. It would be an excellent diversion tactic after today’s terrible performance from him and his team all round so this could happen. I could hear the chanting on the tv so he would have a valid point. The SFA should make them play the final without Celtic fans and that would send out a clear message about bigotry in Scotland.

Alternatively they could choose which ends of Hampden are allocated to which set of fans for the final by the toss of a coin.
    Which would send out a clear message about sectarianism in Scotland.

Can we all agree that whether you like the hun dunce or not, that this should be the last opportunity he gets to rebuild the squad. Is that not fair enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Can we all agree that whether you like the hun dunce or not, that this should be the last opportunity he gets to rebuild the squad. Is that not fair enough?
    He’s had plenty of opportunities to rebuild and every year he does worse he wants to sign Dom Ball ffs I’d hate to see what he’d do in next years semi to ruin that for us

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Can we
    all agree that whether you like the hun dunce or not, that this should be the last opportunity he gets to rebuild the squad. Is that not fair enough?
    I’ve been and probably just about still am a supporter of McInnes even after the dross we have played this season but I think what you suggest is reasonable and probably the reality is that if we end up with the same calibre of squad and therefore football being played next season than this then people like me will turn against him and at that point the vocal minority (and like it or not but it is a minority) may become a majority and only at that point will Milne feel he has to act.

The problem of course is how do you assess whether the rebuild has been a success. For some it will be only by winning a trophy ( but if Celtic keep winning everything does that mean that every other club should be sacking their manager every season?). For others it will be playing football that doesn’t bore us all to tears as it has done this season.

Also how long do you give the rebuild to prove itself particularly if younger players are involved? Is it only next season or do you give it a couple of years?

Plenty for everyone to disagree about but that all said I still think your one final rebuild is a very fair suggestion

As a manager with limited funds and arguably limited ability then he has to be able to rely on the "old boys" network. Utilising contacts he's made within the game over his many years of playing and also coaching/managing should be a major facet of his signing policy but with the exception of a couple of signings for St Johnstone then I'm struggling to recall any he has made.

In my opinion he has been a dead man walking on here for some time through various results and the Sevco debacle but we always seemed to navigate ourselves into that "hallowed" European spot and that's what has kept a sizeable % of the support behind him.

I don't believe he has the tactical nous to get us into the top 4 this year with the lengthy injury list we have and to trust in his ability to pull several rabbits from his hat in the summer window, well that'd be remarkable considering the previous windows where we've signed dross and long term injured players.

We need to have an amicable split from his tenure and recruit someone who does have those contacts that could get us players outwith the lower tiers in England. How we can be expected to put a team on the park to excite, enthral and bond every supporter to a common cause is beyond me when we're signing players on loan like Ball etc with the added bonus of potentially signing them full time when the loan ends.

Just my two pennies worth

Does anyone know when McInnes contract expires?

It might be next year and I wouldn’t put it past Milne to give him another one this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Does anyone know when McInnes contract expires?

It might be next year and I wouldn’t put it past Milne to give him another one this summer.
    He extended his contract to June 2020 back in Summer 2017. I don’t think it was further extended after the sevco fiasco but could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    He extended his contract to June 2020 back in Summer 2017. I don’t think it was further extended after the sevco fiasco but could be wrong
    I think he will get a new deal,Milnes plan has always been to have McInnes as the manager at the new stadium.

Milne seems to be under the impression that once we move to Kingsford everything will ok.

“We intend to provide a centre of excellence which, when combined with other sports facilities, will make the north-east a sporting powerhouse.

“It will attract today’s top-notch players and develop tomorrow’s football stars as well as being a catalyst for encouraging people to take up sport and inspiring a new generation of fans.”

I’m not sure what makes him think we will attract top notch players because we have a training ground and new stadium, top notch players tend to go where they get paid the most money.

Page 297 of 625 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast