+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 625 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

There's top reds happy with 3rd.

At least we are still in the cup. As I've said a million times though, this is our purple patch and purple patches don't last forever.

I had a rant about him in the pub (along with Colt teams, Cleveland Indians chief wahoo removal and Brewdog, bar bore me). This was pre game and my bro and my pal still stuck up for the c@nt. Properly stuck up for him. I cant see us going up a level under him. I put my points across and with stats to back it up. I also said I see a gruesome twosome whitewash this season(has this ever happened?). If that happens he should be sacked. It is clearly a sackable offence

He has done good work, but due to his stubbornness, big game record and bizarre team tactics I am very close to wanting him out.

But what worrying is I was given the usual

"who would you replace him with". My answer, "a foreigner who doesn't give a f@ck about the gruesome twosome"

"aye but we are second" , my answer "we will lose that tomorrow and not regain it"

"think where we were before", my answer, "so mediocrity is good enough for you."

"we can still win the Scottish cup", my answer "we f@cking winna and I'm so confident we wont be in the final, my ma asked if I needed a babysitter that weekend as she was looking to book a holiday and I said no as its Scottish Cup final weekend and we wont be there"

and my favourite , "we can afford to get beat constantly by celtic" my answer "shut the f@ck up ye f@cking knob"

I'm now more I want him out than I want him to stay. Whats worrying is we have 11 games left including , pigs x 2, huns, hibs, hearts x 2. I guarantee we go into freefall down the league. Watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I had a rant about him in the pub (along with Colt teams, Cleveland Indians chief wahoo removal and Brewdog, bar bore me). This was pre game and my bro and my pal still stuck up for the c@nt. Properly stuck up for him. I cant see us going up a level under him. I put my points across and with stats to back it up. I also said I see a gruesome twosome whitewash this season(has this ever happened?). If that happens he should be sacked. It is clearly a sackable offence

He has done good work, but due to his stubbornness, big game record and bizarre team tactics I am very close to wanting him out.

"who would you replace him with". My answer, "a foreigner who doesn't give a f@ck about the gruesome twosome"

"aye but we are second" , my answer "we will lose that tomorrow and not regain it"

"think where we were before", my answer, "so mediocrity is good enough for you."

"we can still win the Scottish cup", my answer "we f@cking winna and I'm so confident we wont be in the final, my ma asked if I needed a babysitter that weekend as she was looking to book a holiday and I said no as its Scottish Cup final weekend and we wont be there"

and my favourite , "we can afford to get beat constantly by celtic" my answer "shut the f@ck up ye f@cking knob"

I'm now more I want him out than I want him to stay. Whats worrying is we have 11 games left including , pigs x 2, huns, hibs, hearts x 2. I guarantee we go into freefall down the league. Watch this space
    Opinions can be a bugger.....imagine your bro/mate having a different one.....absolute disgrace......especially considering yourself and certain others know better.....much better in fact.
    SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Opinions can be a bugger.....imagine your bro/mate having a different one.....absolute disgrace......especially considering yourself and certain others know better.....much better in fact.
    SF
    Opinions are even better when they’re backed up with fact.

Fact is, McInnes is a f*cking imbecile

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Do you seriously think Stewart Milne will sack McInnes even if we get white washed by the cheeks this season?

I agree it’s not good enough but the problem is the majority of top red happy clappers that go to every game have the same opinion as your brother and pal.

Stewart Milne isn’t going to care if a few people on a forum want him sacked because he can’t win big games.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Do you seriously think Stewart Milne will sack McInnes even if we get white washed by the cheeks this season?

I agree it’s not good enough but the problem is the majority of top red happy clappers that go to every game have the same opinion as your brother and pal.

Stewart Milne isn’t going to care if a few people on a forum want him sacked because he can’t win big games.
    No I don't and I don't like him either. Stewart Milne is a f@cking balloon and I want him out more than I do McAnus.

If we get the whitewash he should be sacked but we all know he wont be as I'm sure Milne and McAnus are secret bum buddies

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    His big wage rise and contract extension have made him too comfortable, he doesn't appear to be able to learn from his mistakes. If he was at Sunderland or Sevco he wouldn't get an easy ride from media like he does here.
    McInnes is strong in Aberdeen due to the apathy from ourselves. The support as a whole seem content on constant beatings from Celtic and Rangers now. Losing big matches is acceptable at Aberdeen.
    Milne etc have convinced the majority that training facilities hold us back and this gives him breathing space from making difficult decisions.
    We as supporters don’t need to listen to any of their excuses. If you honestly don’t think they are producing the goods let McInnes etc know. It’s the only way they will take notice is when our voice is heard unanimous from the stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Opinions are even better when they’re backed up with fact.

Fact is, McInnes is a f*cking imbecile
    At last, some lucid thoughts on the salient points of coaching a football team......excellently put across as well......I’m away to meet the chaps in the pub.....we will in due course debate about the matches we were involved in yesterday along with partaking in a libation or three....my team were thankfully unbeaten(game off!), one team won for the 1st time in 3 months, another won on pens and the match I managed to attend, my home team got papped out the Scottish at Carnoustie......in essence there will be banter and opinions.....as auld mannies we’ve been involved too long supporting our clubs and indeed the once michty Aberdeen when possible to let fact(s) sway our opinions.....
    SF

Even I want McInnes to leave now, if only because we have to constantly suffer through threads like this.

Can't be @rsed defending McInnes. He's done pretty well overall, some black marks blah blah.

Really, it's impossible to tell if a different manager would have achieved more with the resources currently available or have achieved better results against the OF with the current team. For those who want McInnes out the question is irrelevant because their view is based on wishful thinking not based on empirical evidence (evidence which could never exist in the first place) that our performances would improve under a different manager. Not that I'm decrying wishful thinking - it's part and parcel of being a football fan.

The problem McInnes has isn't so much his objectively assessed performance but that recent performances in big matches don't offer hope of anything greater. If we consistently beat the sh*tey teams but are regularly humped by the OF then it's understandable that fans will turn on him because fans place an inordinate level of importance on those games. Finishing 2nd/3rd every season may a strong achievement objectively but it's simply not enough in the irrational world of football. I'd wager that the fans who are unhappy with McInnes would be happier if our overall performance was poorer provided there were more high points.

Fact 1) McInnes has taken us forward quite dramatically since he arrived a few seasons ago.
    Fact 2) in the last 2 or 3 seasons we have been extremely consistent - we go into pretty much every game expecting that we will win - this is a massive improvement and something we’ve not enjoyed since the early 90s.
    Fact 3) McInnes has built a first team squad which is generally better than we’ve had in at least 15 years.
    Fact 4) mcInnes for some reason thinks he has to change tactics, formation, style of play, personnel etc whenever we play the OF, and it seems now Hibs as well. This never ever ends well, but he never ever learns.

The first 3 facts are hard to appreciate at times because of fact 4. I like McInnes and believe he’s done a great job and am glad he’s still here as I genuinely don’t think we’ll find a much better manager within our budget. However I can’t take much more of the ridiculous tactical changes in every bug game we ever play - in these games we need to play as we always do to give our players the best chance of getting a result - when we change it about it’s blatantly clear the players don’t know what they’re doing.

Why is Tony Doc not saying to him, “that’s a ridiculous idea Derek, we can’t play GMS, McGinn and Christie all in the left of midfield and have nobody on the right hand side” - surely someone in the coaching staff must be thinking it’s nuts!

Page 3 of 625 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast