+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 625 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130530 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    You had better worrying about keeping up with your fellow gang of happy clappers. You have serious competition to get as far up Del’s @rae.
    Sit doon yi plum.

Quote Originally Posted by Spielführer_1903 View Post
    Sit doon yi plum.
    Enough of the stupid posts. After reading what you replied to Rico’s post you have the very same grievances as me. Can I ask though, why do you still want McInnes as manager when you can blindingly see his persistent faults?
    I want him out because no Aberdeen team should be sent out to let a team dictate the game to them (It has happened far too unhealthily under McInnes this season).

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I have absolutely no problem with McInnes getting stick for his record against the cheeks this season,it’s clearly not good enough.

But I think some fans are getting ideas above their station in regards to us challenging for the league,it was always going to be the case the Huns were going to spend money they don’t have and eventually end up miles above us.Unless we do the same we are never going to be able to complete with the cheeks.

I can’t really understand why this has all of a sudden become an issue anyway,nobody’s challenged the filth for the league since we did in 91.I can’t remember a lot of people moaning that we weren’t challenging for the league when we couldn’t get into the top 6,I believe at the time folk were saying we should be qualifying for Europe every year.
    Farts did in 2006/2007ish they split them didnt they?

I take on board what everyone is saying, but is it too much to want more than just runners up medals? sure we are better now compared with the years before, but why settle for that?

When we started this season, i looked back at 2016/17 with pride, being the second team in Scotland was some feat, however I would have hoped we would have built on that and gone into this season with the belief that we could really press for the league or cups. Some folk will laugh at me even merely suggesting the league and some will also say that Celtic are far too superior, yet if we just had that bit of belief and approached the OF games with some f*cking dignity, we could well be sitting here speaking and dreaming of the possibilty. Instead, some of us on here are accepting the fact we are not in it, and more scarily seem to be happy to be sitting 3rd.

The cups are where the reality of silverware lies, however has anyone really seen anything this season that suggest we can win a cup? Does anyone truly believe that McInnes has it in his locker the ability to change his stubborn approach to these games and go for it... i certainly dont. The Killie game this weekend is huge for us and if we fail to get past them, well the season is pretty much over and we got out with a whimper.
    Last edited by Stupie82; 27-02-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spielführer_1903 View Post

There are a few other things too and even one that I firmly agree with a pap like Mason89 about - our defending at set pieces is horrible.
    It’s a strange one because despite all evidence to the contrary, McInnes still believes his way’s best.

Also, you’ll find in time that’ll you’re agreeing with me a lot more. You’re just not ready yet to see the bigger picture yet, you pap

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s a strange one because despite all evidence to the contrary, McInnes still believes his way’s best.

Also, you’ll find in time that’ll you’re agreeing with me a lot more. You’re just not ready yet to see the bigger picture yet, you pap
    I know you can type better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Thank you for being objective and realistic whilst responding to certain posters ......that aside, thankfully we all have topical debate on importantly what is just a footy/forum, however, I know the colour of the sky in my world whether it be 63/73/83/93/2003/2013/2023 and if I’m lucky.....maybe beyond.
    SF
    Hardly an objective post from DM was it? Objectivity comes from those not in the middle of it and that is exactly where we all are. Going by the majority of pundits and those I know that watched the game we were not unlucky and that the team that tried to win won. Our tactics did not work no matter how much we are told they did.

Contrary to some I like DM and think he has brought back some respectability to the club on the park but he lost my support when we played in our own half for the first half hour on Sunday at home in a game we really had to prove to ourselves that we could compete with them. We let them boss us and that is why we lost and that is why we always lose and it is going the same way against the new boys too. Plainly obvious we are now not heading in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    I take on board what everyone is saying, but is it too much to want more than just runners up medals? sure we are better now compared with the years before, but why settle for that?

When we started this season, i looked back at 2016/17 with pride, being the second team in Scotland was some feat, however I would have hoped we would have built on that and gone into this season with the belief that we could really press for the league or cups. Some folk will laugh at me even merely suggesting the league and some will also say that Celtic are far too superior, yet if we just had that bit of belief and approached the OF games with some f*cking dignity, we could well be sitting here speaking and dreaming of the possibilty. Instead, some of us on here are accepting the fact we are not in it, and more scarily seem to be happy to be sitting 3rd.

The cups are where the reality of silverware lies, however has anyone really seen anything this season that suggest we can win a cup? Does anyone truly believe that McInnes has it in his locker the ability to change his stubborn approach to these games and go for it... i certainly dont. The Killie game this weekend is huge for us and if we fail to get past them, well the season is pretty much over and we got out with a whimper.
    A fair view.

He has certainly built a good platform for us and we have improved in a lot of ways under him. Perhaps the relief of getting away from all the garbage we were exposed to over the previous 20 years or so has caused some people to be content with where we are. However, I don't know many if any Dons supporters that are happy with our record versus Celtic and Rangers.

I don't think that without any major financial backing, Aberdeen can challenge for the league. I do feel we need to win a Scottish Cup this season or next to show some decent success under McInnes. One League Cup in year one just doesn't do it for me.

I think he will see his contract out with us and leave for a team down in England.

Do you think he’s regretting bottling the Hun job?

[QUOTE=Spielführer_1903;38814525]A fair view.

He has certainly built a good platform for us and we have improved in a lot of ways under him. Perhaps the relief of getting away from all the garbage we were exposed to over the previous 20 years or so has caused some people to be content with where we are. However, I don't know many if any Dons supporters that are happy with our record versus Celtic and Rangers.

I don't think that without any major financial backing, Aberdeen can challenge for the league. I do feel we need to win a Scottish Cup this season or next to show some decent success under McInnes. One League Cup in year one just doesn't do it for me.

I think he will see his contract out with us and leave for a team down in England.[/

Surely derek and his ego will be hoping for Madrid to be knocked out champs league and he will answer the SOS from the bernabeua

Page 30 of 625 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130530 ... LastLast