+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 38 of 625 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    For at least another season.
    I am not so sure now. Thanks to Del’s vision we don’t have a reasonable squad for next season. Another big rebuilding job and he knows it. If another job offer comes his way (before he is sacked) then he has absolutely no chance of knocking it back. I genuinely think he is looking like he is regretting staying here now. He is looking out his depth now.

His aim will be to avoid any disasters until he gets a job in England. The trouble is, nobody in England is offering him a job.

Yep, that ship has sailed.

Nobody is going to offer him a better job now because of his big game bottling and tactical cock ups, Milne is never going to fire him so we are stuck with him at least until his contract runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    His aim will be to avoid any disasters until he gets a job in England. The trouble is, nobody in England is offering him a job.
    Avoiding disasters is not going to cut it for him though as that probably means defeat in cup semi and third place finish. The majority of championship clubs will appoint a manager either from the failed English managerial merry go round or some expendive fancy dan European manager. The few that will look to try something different will be looking for someone who has a team performing above expectations hence my view that avoiding disasters won't work for him. He needs to do something to catch the eye.

If he is prepared to go to a no-name English Division 1 team then maybe a safe pair of hands works for them but given how ambitious I think he is, it's difficult to see him going to a Gillingham type team.

Whether he or we like it our fortunes are inextricably linked - he only gets the move he wants if we get the performances and results in the big games that we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I agree, the “Championship ship” has sailed.
    I think he’s looking at a League One club.
    If (please don’t laugh) he won the cup then his stock will rise again.
    I know, I know.... us winning 3 cup ties away from home (2 in Glasgow & probably both against the scum) is not going to happen.
    That would require cahoneys & attitude.
    Something the manager & the team don’t have.

If he must play May & Rooney, it would be more sensible to play May wide instead of Rooney. Unfortunately the thicko McInnes is too stupid to see that.

how long is his current contract for

Too long

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    how long is his current contract for
    Could be wrong but I think it’s Summer 2020?

Page 38 of 625 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast