+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Whether or not a cup final win should 'save' McInnes, I would think that even if we lose every remaining game this season, McInnes would be in place for next season. Whether that is a good decision or not, I think there is zero chance he would be sacked.

He could not ask for a better chance at another cup final, Killie away and Motherwell seem very winnable, but I suspect we will not win both of these, if in fact we can even win the replay.

In all honesty if we lost narrowly to Celtic in the cup final then no sensible person could say that was a sackable offence, but still quite depressing that a cup final defeat is about as hopeful as we can be for the remainder of the season....

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    He would absolutely make an @rse of it again but it’s worth pointing out that those two duds have won more than McInnes
    I still find it hard to believe John Hughes won the Scottish Cup.

He must have been wearing his lucky shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by VandeVen7 View Post
    but still quite depressing that a cup final defeat is about as hopeful as we can be for the remainder of the season....
    Still, it’s better than Hearts

I see today he is now saying we deserve a better pitch.
    Is this so our merry band of 6 silky Beckenbauer like defenders that we play weekly can stroll it out from the rear?

What the fans deserve Derek, is a manager to have a set of balls, and to actually play to OUR strengths, instead of p!shing himself every time a big game comes up.

Forget the pitch, we know its sh!te, we can see its sh!te, but both teams are playing on it.

Fvcking grow a set and stop finding excuses for your failings!!!

When is Devlin due to be fit or is he another mistake as DM said he would be fit in March

C'mon guys

Okay its about time someone tried to bring a bit of balance (and some facts ) to this thread so let me put my tin hat on and give it a go.

I've said it before and will say it again - Milne will not be sacking McInnes at any time in the near future - the only person that will decide he will leave AFC is McInnes himself - and the reality is that no semi decent English team will remotely have him on their radar given what has happened this season.

At no time could Milne have pocketed a bunch of cash from sevco and dumped McInnes on them - McInnes himself chose not to go - don't tell me that Milne has the ability to talk round someone as single-minded/stubborn as McInnes - if he had wanted the sevco job we wouldn't have seen him for dust regardless of what Milne said or tried.

Since when have we been a club that sacked managers for losing cup finals? Just nonsense. We will and should only sack a manager for league performance or like Calderwood for a stupid amount of crap early round cup defeats.

Neither Hughes or Stubbs have won more than McInnes - all three have won one major trophy each

At no time has there been any discussion of giving the central part of South Stand to the bigot brothers - will not happen. Whether we have the balls to give them the same crap corner we get in Glasgow at the new stadium - we'll see.

McInnes did not say that Devlin would be fit in March. It was Devlin himself that said Feb or March to which McInnes said that he was signed with a view to next season but if he was fit this season then so much the better.

Please don't mistake me for being McInnes in disguise as having been a strong fan in the early years I am now in the camp that he's earned the right to try to fix the signing balls-ups he has made this season but equally if I am wrong and someone comes in for him or he leaves to some real no name English team then he leaves with my best wishes and don't let the door skelp you on the way out.

Anyway as I said tin hat is on. Incoming!!!!

I still find it amazing that some people can still stick up for McInnes. This is a man who played Rooney out on the wing and didn't think AOC needed subbed after about 20 mins in the Killie game. F*ck me, it was glaringly obvious that the team selection was an utter mess and it still took him far too long to try and change things. We really do have a golden opportunity to get to another final and even with an ounce of backbone, could actually win the f*cking thing, but I fear the worst. I have zero confidence of even beating Killie, let alone Motherwell. What is that based on? well sh!tting it when It really matters. Mcinnes has 3 cup games to prove to his doubters that they are wrong about him, but will he change ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    Mcinnes has 3 cup games to prove to his doubters that they are wrong about him, but will he change ?
    Its just a shame it will be one

He needs to prove he has the balls to play 4 4 2 in the big games.

GMS Should have started on Saturday with Mcginn on the other wing, also have Rooney partnering May upfront

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    C'mon guys

Okay its about time someone tried to bring a bit of balance (and some facts ) to this thread so let me put my tin hat on and give it a go.

I've said it before and will say it again - Milne will not be sacking McInnes at any time in the near future - the only person that will decide he will leave AFC is McInnes himself - and the reality is that no semi decent English team will remotely have him on their radar given what has happened this season.

At no time could Milne have pocketed a bunch of cash from sevco and dumped McInnes on them - McInnes himself chose not to go - don't tell me that Milne has the ability to talk round someone as single-minded/stubborn as McInnes - if he had wanted the sevco job we wouldn't have seen him for dust regardless of what Milne said or tried.

Since when have we been a club that sacked managers for losing cup finals? Just nonsense. We will and should only sack a manager for league performance or like Calderwood for a stupid amount of crap early round cup defeats.

Neither Hughes or Stubbs have won more than McInnes - all three have won one major trophy each

At no time has there been any discussion of giving the central part of South Stand to the bigot brothers - will not happen. Whether we have the balls to give them the same crap corner we get in Glasgow at the new stadium - we'll see.

McInnes did not say that Devlin would be fit in March. It was Devlin himself that said Feb or March to which McInnes said that he was signed with a view to next season but if he was fit this season then so much the better.

Please don't mistake me for being McInnes in disguise as having been a strong fan in the early years I am now in the camp that he's earned the right to try to fix the signing balls-ups he has made this season but equally if I am wrong and someone comes in for him or he leaves to some real no name English team then he leaves with my best wishes and don't let the door skelp you on the way out.

Anyway as I said tin hat is on. Incoming!!!!
    I agree all this talk of McInnes being sacked is ridiculous. He won't be even if we lose to Killie and finish 4th . That doesn't mean personally I'm remotely happy with the way things are going. Scunnered sums it up really. However trying to be optimistic we could still finish third and get to the Final. That would have to mean O'Connor being dropped and Rooney being played in his proper position. Again extremely unlikely.

Page 41 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast