+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142542 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Unfortunately I still can't bring myself to put winning a League Cup in the same bracket as a Scottish Cup. Just nae the same.

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    He needs to prove he has the balls to play 4 4 2 in the big games.

GMS Should have started on Saturday with Mcginn on the other wing, also have Rooney partnering May upfront
    I would also like to play that way but the defence (barring McKenna) is as soft as a baby's first sh1te. They need protection in front of them.

I wouldn't play Rooney with May either, save him for last 30 mins depending on the game. Just give Christie a free role as a second striker around #83.

Traffic Cone

Logan Arnason McKenna Harvie

McGinn Shinnie McLean GMS

Christie

May

Quote Originally Posted by Spielführer_1903 View Post
    I would also like to play that way but the defence (barring McKenna) is as soft as a baby's first sh1te. They need protection in front of them.

I wouldn't play Rooney with May either, save him for last 30 mins depending on the game. Just give Christie a free role as a second striker around #83.

Traffic Cone

Logan Arnason McKenna Harvie

McGinn Shinnie McLean GMS

Christie

May
    Agree on Rooney. He's lost whatever speed/mobility he ever had so even more so now he is just a six yard box player so unless we are going to be putting lots of balls into the box he contributes very little.

I don't agree with it but pretty sure he played Rooney on Saturday for his defensive height. His cautiousness means he likes to have a certain number of taller players to defend corners and free kicks and without Considine he shoehorned Rooney in for his height.

I don't remember Rooney ever being mobile out with the penalty area. He is also quite ****e in the air with regards to long balls. He's forever played to his weaknesses by Mcinnes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't remember Rooney ever being mobile out with the penalty area. He is also quite ****e in the air with regards to long balls. He's forever played to his weaknesses by Mcinnes.
    I do have one memory of him running away from the StJ defense in the Tynecastle semi to score either the third or fourth goal not long after he joined us but maybe they were even slower than him.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I still find it hard to believe John Hughes won the Scottish Cup.

He must have been wearing his lucky shoes.
    I was working in Milnes house a few years back, he came in and we were yapping away about the football and he asked me what I thought of Mcghee who was manager at the time, I said I didnt really have much time for him, to which he replied that he had tried to get John Hughes but he had opted instead to go to Hibs, be carefull what we wish for eh.

Aye it’s a problem.

How’s that guy who was managing in Norwegian football getting on?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Aye it’s a problem.

How’s that guy who was managing in Norwegian football getting on?
    Do you mean Graham Potter?
    It’s Sweden that Ostersund play in, They just beat Arsenal at the Emirates but knocked oute of the Europa League and I think their season is yet to start.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    This thread will easily hit 13 pages. I've got no input I just wanted to get in now while I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    He’s a bigger f*cking spud on page 22 than he was on page 1. Some going

Page 42 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292142542 ... LastLast