+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Open to change what?

Just because some on here, are for their own reasons, anti Deek, whether it be personal,rational or bordering on obsession.......do not for one moment think that most of those that are not anti Deek.....are “happy clappers” or whatever......I’ve done my time travelling far and wide and have witnessed some affa sh1te.......thankfully I’ve also seen some affa guid......as last I checked we are sitting 3rd in the league behind 2 clubs that spunk money compared to us and have a better chance than Hibs/Hearts of getting to Hampden.......having this perspective does not make myself a “happy clapper” far f@cking from it and I’ve been as frustrated as many others on team performances V the ugly sisters.

SF
    Well said JJ, couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Been supporting the Dons for long aye?

Unfortunately, due to incredibly poor timing on my folks part, I’ve only been going since the late 80s. I am genuinely interested to hear what shyte you’ve seen prior to that.

For instance, how would it compare to the game I watched at Firhill in 2002, when Patterson sent out a team with a midfield of Young, Billio, Tiernan & Fabiano, to supply the deadly strike force of Mike & Mackie? Or the Sigma game, the 9-0, Queens Park, Q.O.S. There are all fairly recent events. Nobody on here would need to have travelled that far or wide to get a healthy take on what shyte truly is.

This team is nowhere near that of course but neither was Alex Smiths & you’re not telling me he didnt deserve the sack.
    You've certainly listed some horrendous games, some of which should have seen the manager instantly sacked (McGhee etc). You are also right to point out that we have sacked managers in the past from a relatively strong position compared with later managers that got away with murder. However we are not yet at a Smith situation. At the time we sacked Smith he was on a run of 3 wins in 17 league matches in a season that we lost in the early round of the LC to Airdrie, lost in the first round of the UEFA cup and our first round of the SC (albeit to a very strong Rangers). All on the back of the last day at Ibrox the previous season.

McInnes should not be sacked now in my opinion but ask me again if he matches Smith's record and only wins 3 of his next 15 league games. I suspect we will do a whole lot better than Smith's run.

Been supporting the Dons for long aye?

Unfortunately, due to incredibly poor timing on my folks part, I’ve only been going since the late 80s. I am genuinely interested to hear what shyte you’ve seen prior to that.

For instance, how would it compare to the game I watched at Firhill in 2002, when Patterson sent out a team with a midfield of Young, Billio, Tiernan & Fabiano, to supply the deadly strike force of Mike & Mackie? Or the Sigma game, the 9-0, Queens Park, Q.O.S. There are all fairly recent events. Nobody on here would need to have travelled that far or wide to get a healthy take on what shyte truly is.

This team is nowhere near that of course but neither was Alex Smiths & you’re not telling me he didnt deserve the sack.
    You've certainly listed some horrendous games, some of which should have seen the manager instantly sacked (McGhee etc). You are also right to point out that we have sacked managers in the past from a relatively strong position compared with later managers that got away with murder. However we are not yet at a Smith situation. At the time we sacked Smith he was on a run of 3 wins in 17 league matches in a season that we lost in the early round of the LC to Airdrie, lost in the first round of the UEFA cup and our first round of the SC (albeit to a very strong Rangers). All on the back of the last day at Ibrox the previous season.

McInnes should not be sacked now in my opinion but ask me again if he matches Smith's record and only wins 3 of his next 15 league games. I suspect we will do a whole lot better than Smith's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Open to change what?

Just because some on here, are for their own reasons, anti Deek, whether it be personal,rational or bordering on obsession.......do not for one moment think that most of those that are not anti Deek.....are “happy clappers” or whatever......I’ve done my time travelling far and wide and have witnessed some affa sh1te.......thankfully I’ve also seen some affa guid......as last I checked we are sitting 3rd in the league behind 2 clubs that spunk money compared to us and have a better chance than Hibs/Hearts of getting to Hampden.......having this perspective does not make myself a “happy clapper” far f@cking from it and I’ve been as frustrated as many others on team performances V the ugly sisters.

SF
    Bet you were so frustrated you forgot to clap !

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Every manager has limitations. The idea that someone else can come in and do everything McInnes does + win cups and match Celtic in H2H games is just a masturbatory fantasy...but I'm completely open to being wrong on this.

That's not to say that the performances against Celtic and Rangers this season are defensible. I'm not fighting Derek's corner. I'm just realistic with regards to what constitutes a sacking offence. The tactics have been poor but I also think there's something lacking in this group of players in big matches.

It's not as though McInnes is incapable of sending out a team to win these games. I thought we had some excellent performances against Celtic in McInnes' first 3 seasons and were unlucky in several games. But since Rodgers took over the SC Final is the only time we've really come close to them.

The reality is that without some kind of intervention he's not going to be sacked unless overall performance drops dramatically. You can sit around here talking about how sh*te he is for the next 2 years and how only happy clappers have any faith in his management but at some point those disgruntled fans need to put their money where there mouth is and organise a protest or something.

If his mismanagement of the team is as grievously inept as many of you say it is then you need to stop w*nking off in here and try to do something to bring about a change. Then if Ross or someone else comes in as a replacement at least we'll be able to judge whether or not you were all right.
    Hear Hear regnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Well said JJ, couldn't agree more
    I second that.

The one thing I will miss about Derek McInnes when he goes is his fan club. What a very nice bunch of people.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The one thing I will miss about Derek McInnes when he goes is his fan club. What a very nice bunch of people.
    Quite clearly the manager will go at some stage. Not anytime soon I would suggest and he aint going to get sacked that's for sure. I for one am flabbergasted at our ineptness against the huns this season and McInnes does have to take the bulk of the blame for that one.

That being said and putting some perspective on it. We are above Hibs and Hearts clubs with similar budgets and ambitions and remain in the Cup. We also do have a realistic opportunity of closing the gap on the huns if we take 3 points from Thistle and Celtic beat them on Sunday. There is still a lot to play for. Its the doomsayers that are far more irrational on this thread than the overly optimistic few.

It was pretty difficult to see from the tv footage. There was definitely some contact. I suppose it could be argued that Jones was on his way down when Logan ran into the back of him. Killie should have had a penalty from the Christie foul on Brophy.

Managers come out with a lot worse. I don't think the SFA will bother their arse on this one.

Page 44 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144544 ... LastLast