+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147547 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    You've certainly listed some horrendous games, some of which should have seen the manager instantly sacked (McGhee etc). You are also right to point out that we have sacked managers in the past from a relatively strong position compared with later managers that got away with murder. However we are not yet at a Smith situation. At the time we sacked Smith he was on a run of 3 wins in 17 league matches in a season that we lost in the early round of the LC to Airdrie, lost in the first round of the UEFA cup and our first round of the SC (albeit to a very strong Rangers). All on the back of the last day at Ibrox the previous season.

McInnes should not be sacked now in my opinion but ask me again if he matches Smith's record and only wins 3 of his next 15 league games. I suspect we will do a whole lot better than Smith's run.
    Smith had to go......he changed a winning formula for one game, much to certain players.....and assistant manager’s disdain......I wish to f@ck we needed to win instead of draw that final match......okay then, you cut him a wee bit of slack and let him redeem himself......FFS........after the heroics of a sustained run in the run up to “that” game.....he then had to go due to the free fall we encountered the following season......pretty much that, I look forward to cheering on our club, players and current coach(es) in the replay, it will be difficult of course, however I will travel down in hope rather than expectation in an objective manner with like minded chums who, like myself, have witnessed some affa sh1te spunking the family’s inheritance along the way 😉........can be a bugger being a dandy.......but.......”when I was a lad, a tiny wee lad!”

SF

Let me start this post by saying that I don’t think this will happen, but it’s maybe time it should.

IF we lose on Tuesday, then for me, I think Derek’s “shelf life” with the Dons has been reached.
    -We’re regressing week on week.
    -His transfer policy this season has been dreadful.
    -Short-term thinking by a manager who didn’t think he’d be here possibly?
    -no discernible style of play
    -no pace in the team
    -justifying bizarre team selections & formations
    - our record in big games
    -persistently late & REactive with subs
    - playing folk week in week out who aren’t playing well.
    - poor management means that TEN of the regular 18 stripped every week will be gone in the summer & it’s showing on the pitch.

My fear was always that I don’t trust Milne to get a new appointment right.
    I still don’t.
    The change may not make us better, but that doesn’t mean we just plod along.
    However, defeat on Tuesday will have us sleep walking to an unacceptable 4th & no semi finals this season.
    A change is required IMO.
    All managers have a shelf life.
    DM’s at the Dons looks like it’s here.
    The Cup is his last hope.
    Whether that change improves us next season I have no clue.

That all said, Milne won’t do anything.
    DM will leave on HIS terms.

I just can’t see Milne getting rid of him anytime soon even if we get beat on Tuesday.

It’s been 4 months since he convinced him to stay and declared himself “the happiest man in the world “ and less than a year since he gave him a new contract.

If anything Milne will realise he will look like a complete fool if he has to pay off McInnes after talking him in to staying twice and giving him a new deal.

"Gooooooooo Derek McInnnnnnnnnes
    Gooooooooo Derek McInnnnnnnnnes"

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I just can’t see Milne getting rid of him anytime soon even if we get beat on Tuesday.

It’s been 4 months since he convinced him to stay and declared himself “the happiest man in the world “ and less than a year since he gave him a new contract.

If anything Milne will realise he will look like a complete fool if he has to pay off McInnes after talking him in to staying twice and giving him a new deal.
    In a nutshell. Made an arse of it. Should have been driven to a new club and healthy compo received. Now 2 pay hikes later he'll go nowhere until pushed and it will cost AFC in reverse. Brilliant! He'll just continue giving lip service to his interviews and performances, well, they don't really matter. McInnes is in pole position. He'll be fingers crossed for the sack now. Unfortunately we can't sack him until the majority turn so both AFC and super Del lose status. Cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    In a nutshell. Made an arse of it. Should have been driven to a new club and healthy compo received. Now 2 pay hikes later he'll go nowhere until pushed and it will cost AFC in reverse. Brilliant! He'll just continue giving lip service to his interviews and performances, well, they don't really matter. McInnes is in pole position. He'll be fingers crossed for the sack now. Unfortunately we can't sack him until the majority turn so both AFC and super Del lose status. Cluster.
    Exactly,it’s a cluster f@ck of a situation for us and I can’t see us coming out of it in a better position.

We will have to pay him off to leave,on top of that we need a lot of new players,I’m not sure where the money is coming from for all of that with the new stadium on the cusp of being built.

There was an easy footballing decision to be made a few months ago, that could’ve avoided this whole scenario. Needless to say, Milne f*cked it.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

I agree.
    The only way DM will leave will be when HE wants.
    ie - the very unlikely event of another club in England coming in for him.
    If it happened then definitely time to go,
    I just get the impression (just guesswork) that DM is in a comfort zone and under no pressure whatsoever.

I wonder what DM is thinking right now as he sees his beloved scum toppling the Dhims?
    Regrets much?
    I’ll bet.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I wonder what DM is thinking right now as he sees his beloved scum toppling the Dhims?
    Regrets much?
    I’ll bet.
    You put pressure on the Tims defence and they’re bang average. How many times has that c*nt Boyata coasted it in games against us?

Page 47 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147547 ... LastLast