+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 470 of 625 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520570 ... LastLast
Results 4,691 to 4,700 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I didn’t think much of his speech at the opening of the training facilities but I will certainly give him a chance to prove himself as chairman. It’s a results based business so he will need to make sure we have a better winning mentality as it’s good for business. I hope he can bring in a few big guns (so to speak) who have the financial ability to make us more appealing. Good luck to the guy...he will need it!
    There will definitely be a review of the current management and player situation once Cormack takes over - otherwise what would the point be? Doesn't look like Kingsford is happening, which is good. All of this blowing smoke up the respective @rses of the old firm going on for the last 20 years or so really needs to stop. Hopefully Cormack's ambition stretches beyond real estate and owning a soccer club. Is he a fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Hairdrier View Post
    There will definitely be a review of the current management and player situation once Cormack takes over - otherwise what would the point be? Doesn't look like Kingsford is happening, which is good. All of this blowing smoke up the respective @rses of the old firm going on for the last 20 years or so really needs to stop. Hopefully Cormack's ambition stretches beyond real estate and owning a soccer club. Is he a fan?
    He will show if he is a real fan by sacking McInnes straight away
    Let’s hope he has more sense than Stewart Milne when speaking about them from Glasgow. I don’t think Kingsford is going to happen also as I get the feeling Pittodrie might be getting a face lift. Milne pulled the wool over many eyes by claiming it couldn’t be done so it would be a major kick in the chucks for him if Cormack proved it could be. I realise they are probably friends but he must have been disappointed that Milne didn’t contribute to the new training facilities. I often wondered why they would let Milne sit at the top of the table when he contributed nothing. They obviously have ousted him out now because they have more financial muscle.

Cormack might be good for the club but he might also turn out to be the other way. But one thing is for sure....I will be glad to see the back of Stewart Milne leading our club.

Recon the 1st guff championship job that comes up McInnes' CV will be the first one in. No chance of any loyalty from him now that Milne is gone.
    Also very much doubt that he will get then sack this season as we are sitting 3rd and Cormack's yank overlords (who won't be watching game) will question why a 'successful' manger was binned halfway thru the season when the team are 'where they should be'. More plausible that it would happen in the summer dek doesn't put a rocket up his arse for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    Recon the 1st guff championship job that comes up McInnes' CV will be the first one in. No chance of any loyalty from him now that Milne is gone.
    Also very much doubt that he will get then sack this season as we are sitting 3rd and Cormack's yank overlords (who won't be watching game) will question why a 'successful' manger was binned halfway thru the season when the team are 'where they should be'. More plausible that it would happen in the summer dek doesn't put a rocket up his arse for the rest of the season.
    As much as I've wanted McInnes out for a long time, I always thought it unlikely that he'd end up at Plymouth or the likes but I expect that to happen now. Nobody is interested and nobody will be interested when he's pushed out the door.

Cormack has said at the press conference today that he will take the next 90 days to look at best practice in the footballing and marketing parts of the club. I reckon that means McInnes has until the end of February to improve performances or he could be in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Cormack has said at the press conference today that he will take the next 90 days to look at best practice in the footballing and marketing parts of the club. I reckon that means McInnes has until the end of February to improve performances or he could be in trouble
    I can’t him sacking McInnes at the end of February unless we are miles off the European places.

He said it’s important that we get to the group stages of the Europa League so it doesn’t look like he will put up with getting knocked out at the usual 3rd round of qualifying.

McInnes might get another shot at that next season if he qualifies for Europe,if he doesn’t qualify for Europe I think he will be gone in the summer.

No chance he’s getting a Championship job

Recon the 1st guff championship job that comes up McInnes' CV will be the first one in.
    Reckon that happen anyway. Every bin in that league will have a copy in it

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I can’t him sacking McInnes at the end of February unless we are miles off the European places.

He said it’s important that we get to the group stages of the Europa League so it doesn’t look like he will put up with getting knocked out at the usual 3rd round of qualifying.

McInnes might get another shot at that next season if he qualifies for Europe,if he doesn’t qualify for Europe I think he will be gone in the summer.
    Here’s a thought....maybe the American investors have higher ambitions that 3rd place finishes. They have already spent £12-13m on a training facility (including donations from local investors)...they are talking about adding £5m for further investment. They won’t be here to give Aberdeen FC money for nothing. They will want a return. Only getting to the champions league or at the very least the Europa League can give you a major return for your spending. It might mean we could be challenging for the league title....bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Here’s a thought....maybe the American investors have higher ambitions that 3rd place finishes. They have already spent £12-13m on a training facility (including donations from local investors)...they are talking about adding £5m for further investment. They won’t be here to give Aberdeen FC money for nothing. They will want a return. Only getting to the champions league or at the very least the Europa League can give you a major return for your spending. It might mean we could be challenging for the league title....bring it on!
    Well they better spend some serious cash then.

We won’t be challenging for the title if we continue to sign guys like Curtis Main and Craig Bryson.

Page 470 of 625 FirstFirst ... 370420460468469470471472480520570 ... LastLast