+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 625 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Fact 1) McInnes has taken us forward quite dramatically since he arrived a few seasons ago.
    Fact 2) in the last 2 or 3 seasons we have been extremely consistent - we go into pretty much every game expecting that we will win - this is a massive improvement and something we’ve not enjoyed since the early 90s.
    Fact 3) McInnes has built a first team squad which is generally better than we’ve had in at least 15 years.
    The main reason for these 3 facts is that he's had an increased budget due to us being debt free for the last 4 years.

Bringing in Graham Kirk has helped reduce the amount of injuries we've had which has helped us a lot. But that just shows how hopeless Brown, McGhee and Calderwood were by not employing a sports scientist.

This is infinitely down to dm and milne because dm picks the teams and because the club as a whole has a huge lack of ambition as the 2nd best ckub for years in the spfl.

We had a chance to 'grab' rhe league a few seasons ago.
    We may not have guaranteed success but with a great january window and some soending i fully believe we would have beaten Celtic.

That was an incredible opportunity missed.

Its not even about winning the league every year.
    Its about investing for the future.
    We are sh*te at it in terms of footbalkers at afc.

Yes dm has brought in some decent players.
    Yes we are better than tears before.
    But these dont cut it.
    Its been a sh*te league simple as.

We need far better transfer windows.
    Our Scouts are utter garbage.
    Our vision sucks.
    Our youth go out on loan and disappear.
    Our players have no drive in important games.
    Tactics are weird.
    Fans love the very average rooney too much.how many games foes he have ro be non existent in for them to see he's average and not some saviour anymore...
    Use some money im sure the club has and start reeling in some talent abroad and home.
    Get a new boss with vision whos sole desire isnt winning a domestic cup.
    Take some gambles its f*cking boring now.
    Don't tell me there's nothing out there.no players we can persuade to play for us who are showing great promise in holland or belgium or france etc.

We need to have investors or shareholders with vision, strategies and ambitions.

We need to change the team indoors as well as the one outdoors!

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    Didn't say that at all. My point is with the current resources gap between AFC and Celtic, we would not be top of the league if Derek or anyone else was in charge. It's about progression. Some people have short memories - we have progressed massively under DM, and we continue to do so imo. Have a bit of patience. We are not gonna be top of the league this year imo. With time, continued progress and added investment, however, I believe we could get there.
    While I have said the very words you have, im starting to get tired of the lack of big game mentality within the squad. Hibs was a big game for us on Saturday and winning it would have set us up nicely going into the Celtic game this weekend. Only 6 points would have separated us. Imagine then having the back bone to take the game to Celtic and actually try and beat them… hwat a statement that would of made. Not to be though.. again!!

We could blame it on things losing Shinnie, but we should have been prepared, as we knew Shinnie would be out for these games weeks ago. Im a staunch Mcinnes supporter, but even I can see the cracks. Every season it’s the same thing, we just cant win important games. That does have something to do with budget in games against Celtic and Sevco, as you have mentioned, but other teams are getting points off of them and to me its more than just money or them raising their game against us.

Hibs on Saturday was a bigger game than many of us thought it was and its likely set the benchmark for the rest of the season. No doubt we will see our usual post-split debacle and failure to capitalise on other teams dropping any points against each other. While our reign under McInnes has been good, its been filled with a load of “what-if’s” and disappointments and this season will be no different, though im happy to be proven wrong.

And typing lots on a phone sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    Don't tell me there's nothing out there.no players we can persuade to play for us who are showing great promise in holland or belgium or france etc.
    The guy Kluivert at Ajax and Mbappe at PSG are showing great promise,maybe we should be going for them

Name:  Screenshot_20180219-125109-01.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  18.5 KB

Not sure how the happy clappers can be happy with this.

Quote Originally Posted by amp View Post
    Do you think that with a different manager, we would be top of the league? Personally, I think not. I believe we are still progressing, and retain positivity that we will learn from mistakes vs the better teams in this league. And thus do better vs them..
    I just don’t see the progression. Six loan players in the squad isn’t a sign of squad progression

As for learning from the mistakes against bigger sides, there’s overwhelming evidence to suggest we don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

They will find a way

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I just don’t see the progression. Six loan players in the squad isn’t a sign of squad progression

As for learning from the mistakes against bigger sides, there’s overwhelming evidence to suggest we don’t.
    Maybe you were right mason about AFC players and managers coming on here.

The way that amp is posting it sounds like somebody from the club, surely even the happiest of clapper supporters dont believe we are learning from our mistakes vs the better teams in the league. When exactly should we expect to start doing better vs them?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

That's a stinkin' record. If we'd even taken 50% of the points from these games we'd be top of the league.

Problem having lost that game v Hibs is that McInnes will likely now go for an even more ridiculous set up against Celtic, rather than just reverting back to the normal system that actually works!

If you were going to adapt anything against Hibs (not that I think we needed to - our normal set up has taken care of them twice previously this season!) it would have been in the central midfield shape, because that's where Hibs are strongest. There was no reason whatsoever that I can fathom for overloading the left hand side of the pitch and having nobody on the right. It affected every player on the pitch as nobody seemed to know what they were doing, and there was never an outball on the right hand side. I agree with a previous comment that to bring Nwakali in for his first start into a set up that nobody knew was always going to be a total disaster. I don't blame the lad for a minute - he just looked like he didn't know where he was meant to be and neither did anyone around him.

He'll likely do something daft against Celtic as well - probably bring in another 2 central defenders and play 5 central defenders, plus Logan and GMS as wing backs.

I'm usually an optimist and as I've said before I generally like McInnes... but I think we're on course to blow it this season due to our inability to just stick to our normal game plan in the big games. It's as if McInnes doesn't actually believe the players are good enough to mix it with the top sides so he has to compensate. Reality is they are good enough when they are allowed to play in the normal shape and system. Just leave things alone Derek!!!!

Page 5 of 625 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast