+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 500 of 625 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast
Results 4,991 to 5,000 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

We have to disagree there.

Calderwood was the most despicable c'unt ever to manage Aberdeen

Plenty of talk on here about hassling and harrying them and getting in their faces and talk of other clubs like Livvy doing this and getting results.

I'm in agreement about most of that especially the bit about blowing out your chest and believing that if they are to win they'll damn well have to earn it.

The bit I think though that is missing is about their attitude when they play us and the likes of Lavvy. Whilst our players have been regularly accused in the past of raising their game for these smelly and scum games I'm convinced the same is returned. Their players certainly don't approach a game against us in the same way they do against the lower league teams. Much more relaxed in those games, much more agressive against us. That is a compliment in that they think it is a harder game against us. We have to not only approach in a Lavvy like fashion we have to be better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Aye Aberdeen under Tango man. A man with a Rangers memorabilia took in his fecking hoose !
    Half the team overpaid mostly crocks. The other half utter dross because he blew his budget on 4 or 5 players every year. A team capable of raising their game against the old firm every now and again but struggling to finish top six and getting papped out of the cup in the early stages every year not to mention Queens Park and Queen of the fecking South.

Aye those were the f ucking days !
    Never mentioned tango man

Im talking about belief. Sometging we have lacked in abundance under McInnes. Cinfidence is infectious. Yhe manager doesnt spread it

This bit of Moogs post sums us up in certain games(i. E most big games)

"Timid, frightened, supine, spineless, forelock tugging shytebaggery where it appears clear to everyone that we've meekly accepted defeat before a ball is kicked is not the way AFC should lose any match."
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 11-12-2019 at 05:05 PM.

When you see/read/hear your Chairman and Manager being cowardly towards certain teams before you even play them then you can understand the players going out with a defeatist attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    When you see/read/hear your Chairman and Manager being cowardly towards certain teams before you even play them then you can understand the players going out with a defeatist attitude.
    And the fans getting angry

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    And the fans getting angry
    Top Reds say you cant be angry and just have to suck it up...

Because football is a low scoring game, the best team doesn't always win. Someone should point this out to McNumpty, then he maybe wouldn't be so timid in games against the cheeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Is it not too much to ask for both?? Why such a negative mindset?

As has been mentioned on here numerous times, we're not expecting to go out and win the league, or for that matter to win both cups but why is it such a crime to expect the players to step onto that field and display the passion and hunger/desire etc we know they are capable of? The final against Celtic and 2nd half against Der Hun being prime examples.

We step onto the pitch against those two believing they are miles better than us, expecting a defeat and hoping for a sneaky 1-0 or a draw. Yes they may have better players and a better team but you know what..... Let them show that they are, don't hand them the victory on a platter before a ball has been kicked. If they win then hands up, they win but to be so meek and show no gumption and then bump our gums that we did ok in the games outwith the gruesome twosome is not what I signed up for when I became an Aberdeen fan.
    The manager people seem to describe will have all the consistency of McInnes against lesser teams, while also never dropping points against lesser teams, always beating Hibs and Hearts and co, always giving Celtic and Rangers a right go and winning cups against Celtic, whilst playing attractive football. In which case we'd have a good shout at the league too. I'd suggest this is virtually impossible to achieve and such a manager would be taken off us after a year. I'd also suggest it's what McInnes and the club are trying to do, but when you don't appreciate or acknowledge finals against Celtic and wins or draws against Rangers you won't notice that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Rangers memorabilia in house - You think Derek doesn’t?
    Team made up of expensive crocks & flops? - No difference there
    Shyte awful cup exits? - Derek has had a few of them.

There’s no real difference between the two, other than Calderwood was brighter & a wee bit more likeable
    Completely insane and outright wrong.

I'll expand.

Calderwood 2 semi finals including the worst bottling ever and the other was bad too

61, 54, 65, 53, 53 points

McInnes 8 semi finals 4 finals 1 win

68, 75, 71, 76, 73, 67 points
    Last edited by curvasud; 11-12-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    The manager people seem to describe will have all the consistency of McInnes against lesser teams, while also never dropping points against lesser teams, always beating Hibs and Hearts and co, always giving Celtic and Rangers a right go and winning cups against Celtic, whilst playing attractive football. In which case we'd have a good shout at the league too. I'd suggest this is virtually impossible to achieve and such a manager would be taken off us after a year. I'd also suggest it's what McInnes and the club are trying to do, but when you don't appreciate or acknowledge finals against Celtic and wins or draws against Rangers you won't notice that.
    No one is saying we are entitled to win every game, far from it so your "always" comments are a stretch. But can you honestly say that every game we play we show the same desire? Be it against a Celtic or a Hibs or a lower league cup game?? I guarantee you that you can't and this attitude coupled with negative comments and selections from McInnes then lends itself to massive unrest within the support.

Leicester winning the league was virtually impossible, Greece winning the Euros was virtually impossible, Denmark winning the Euros was virtually impossible but you know what... They all happened! We console ourselves in Scotland with the facts that Celtic and Sevco have more money so therefore should be winning everything, how about trying to change that and not aiming for 3rd spot as a maximum?

What's to stop a team like Aberdeen dominating the other 34 fixtures outwith the gruesomes? Is it that inconceivable that we shouldn't be looking at a record of 28-4-2 which would give us a points total of 88?

I firmly believe that with the right manager, right coaching team, right recruitment and right game plan for each match that we should be looking at a points tally like that.

Page 500 of 625 FirstFirst ... 400450490498499500501502510550600 ... LastLast