+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 562 of 625 FirstFirst ... 62462512552560561562563564572612 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Almost 3 years this thread has been going and the same things keep being said........ See you in three years. The Scottish Wenger
    Wenger won loads of things in a far better league.
    Best comparing him with someone who wins **** all despite having the 3rd biggest budget.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Wenger won loads of things in a far better league.
    Best comparing him with someone who wins **** all despite having the 3rd biggest budget.
    I’m not sure anyone else has got away with that so long hence the Wenger comparison.
    I think Wenger would probably have won the Scottish cup by now if he’d had 7 attempts at it with Aberdeen though

Derek McInnes couldn’t lace Wenger’s boots as a manager. The only thing they have in common is they both had outstayed their welcome.

I supported McInnes in the early years and then lost patience with him for 2-3 years after we failed to capitalise on Deila's terrible Celtic team, and reverted to horrendous hoofball football for a couple of seasons. I thought it was time for him to leave at that point.

However, things have changed a bit this season. The formation change has meant he is now playing most of the players in their best positions and we're getting more out of them. Hedges and Wright playing in behind a front man has been a revelation and I'm genuinely excited when they get on the ball. We've made good additions to the squad this season with Hayes, Hoban, Leigh, McCrorie and Watkins. The bigger squad should help over the course of the season - players like Logan and McGinn are no longer first picks which is good, we've moved on from that era now, but they are still handy to have around and can play a part when called upon.

We're joint second in the league (albeit Celtic have a game in hand) and if we win our game in hand over Rangers, and also beat them in a fortnight's time, we're only 3 behind them. It's a pretty decent start to the season (and we should have had a few extra points as we should have beaten Dundee Utd and Celtic). The approach in the 2 games against Celtic was much more attacking than normal and what we all wanted to see.

I think there's encouraging signs that Cormack is having an influence behind the scenes and we're heading in the right direction. The next game is a massive one though.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Derek McInnes couldn’t lace Wenger’s boots as a manager. The only thing they have in common is they both had outstayed their welcome.
    Exactly the point of the reference

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I supported McInnes in the early years and then lost patience with him for 2-3 years after we failed to capitalise on Deila's terrible Celtic team, and reverted to horrendous hoofball football for a couple of seasons. I thought it was time for him to leave at that point.

However, things have changed a bit this season. The formation change has meant he is now playing most of the players in their best positions and we're getting more out of them. Hedges and Wright playing in behind a front man has been a revelation and I'm genuinely excited when they get on the ball. We've made good additions to the squad this season with Hayes, Hoban, Leigh, McCrorie and Watkins. The bigger squad should help over the course of the season - players like Logan and McGinn are no longer first picks which is good, we've moved on from that era now, but they are still handy to have around and can play a part when called upon.

We're joint second in the league (albeit Celtic have a game in hand) and if we win our game in hand over Rangers, and also beat them in a fortnight's time, we're only 3 behind them. It's a pretty decent start to the season (and we should have had a few extra points as we should have beaten Dundee Utd and Celtic). The approach in the 2 games against Celtic was much more attacking than normal and what we all wanted to see.

I think there's encouraging signs that Cormack is having an influence behind the scenes and we're heading in the right direction. The next game is a massive one though.
    he still hasn't won a big game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    he still hasn't won a big game this season.
    Only the cheeks are big games?

Beating Hibs home and away when they’ve been above us in the league both times were pretty big in terms of securing third.
    Of course, it would be great to push on and challenge the next spot, which is currently Celtic and if we were to take something from the game in two weeks time that would be a good step.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Only the cheeks are big games?

Beating Hibs home and away when they’ve been above us in the league both times were pretty big in terms of securing third.
    Of course, it would be great to push on and challenge the next spot, which is currently Celtic and if we were to take something from the game in two weeks time that would be a good step.
    He also lost to Sporting Lisbon in his annual failure to reach the Europa league group stage.

Talking

He's laughing now but was that you Red John?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/54850004

Nearly!

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    He also lost to Sporting Lisbon in his annual failure to reach the Europa league group stage.
    So only big games are ones we need to punch above our weight in?
    It can happen and should be what we aim for, but not expected.

We’ve not really had many “big games” this season, we were unlucky not to beat Celtic in the first game against them and I expect a better performance against SevCo than we did in the first league game of the season

Hibs were in my opinion very important games to win on both occasions and set a marker, so in essence, they were relatively big games for us to win.

Page 562 of 625 FirstFirst ... 62462512552560561562563564572612 ... LastLast