+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 58 of 625 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Agreed.

My only caveats being the woeful capitulation at Ibrox against the huns. The game at Pittodrie was dire although we did improve when Jack was sent off and after that not much between the teams. I am willing to put that down to the McInness /huns fiasco going on at the time. Hopefully in the next game against them we get our act together.

The games against Celtic were odd. We were ok at Parkhead in the last game there but still contrived to lose 3 very avoidable goals. In the last game at Pittodrie if we had had a bit of luck we could have taken something. We went from being ultra cautious to gung ho when they got Lustig sent off.

That being said McInness must take a lot of the blame for the performances against the huns and Celtic as other teams have done better. Although Celtic do appear to want to slap us down every time they play us.

Dinna let the merchants of doom put you off posting min !
    Indeed, two pretty decent posts, might not sit well with some on here though, anyway all banter......as for the support, all things considered there are not many outwith the ugly sisters that would take more than that to Killie midweek, that amount of dandies and the song at the end deffo would not sit well with some.

Anyway.....away to have another punt soon to “hopefully” boost the euros to cheer on the “once michty” later this year ....a day like yesterday would be ticketty boo.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I suspect a lot of it is to do with the way his team plays against the two sets of scum from Glasgow.
    His record against them both is good.
    Compare it to our “bend over & take it up the sh1ter” attitude which is how we are set up by our manager.
    Yeah, so lets go for a manager that raises their game against the gruesome twosome but get papped out of the Scottish cup in the 4th round and fail to beat the other teams in the league as well as we do

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post

That being said McInness must take a lot of the blame for the performances against the huns and Celtic as other teams have done better. Although Celtic do appear to want to slap us down every time they play us.

Dinna let the merchants of doom put you off posting min !
    Totally agree.
    McInnes must take the blame for the results against the Gruesome Twosome and I also agree that Celtic raise their game when playing us and rarely drop their levels as they do against other teams.
    With that in mind, surely DM should therefore deserve praise for attaining better results against the rest of the league that other managers are not as consistent with

Possibly because other managers don’t have the budget

If nearly 1500 fans are willing to travel from all over Scotland to see Aberdeen play at Killie on a Tuesday night in a match most pundits and many fans on here predicted we would lose then in my book they are true Dons fans part time or not.
    As for the merchants of doom, as I said everyone is allowed an opinion , I just know the posts to avoid !!!

Quote Originally Posted by the new coach View Post
    I just know the posts to avoid !!!
    Obviously not since you've just typed up a short story on the matter.

Stand Free!

#TopRedz #AuldTopRedz

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Aye I agree with that, Ill probably head away this year as ill be home (if we get there). My point is. In a footballing sense its a waste of time as we wont qualify for the groups, get knocked out by a non entity and the players get f@ck all summer which leads to th eusual end of season slump as they are all f@cked

But to be honest I'm sure I could get pished up in Methil or Stranraer when we are in the groups of the League Cup(two places ive never been)
    Thats the thing, there is very little difference now for summer time off.
    Your either in Europe or your playing in the league cup group stages.
    I'd rather be in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Thats the thing, there is very little difference now for summer time off.
    Your either in Europe or your playing in the league cup group stages.
    I'd rather be in Europe
    Completely agree. Just for reference Europa League first round starts on 12 July and League Cup starts on 14 July so basically the same week. Should make it easier to fix up friendlies in advance of Europe compared with prior years. If we somehow win the cup or finish second (and Celtic win the cup) then we would start in Europa on 26 July. If anything whoever this is (sevco or us most likely) may be slightly undercooked come the start of the League on 4 August compared with other teams.

So no excuses about short summer holidays this year and being more tired at end of season

Quote Originally Posted by the new coach View Post
    If nearly 1500 fans are willing to travel from all over Scotland to see Aberdeen play at Killie on a Tuesday night in a match most pundits and many fans on here predicted we would lose then in my book they are true Dons fans part time or not.
    As for the merchants of doom, as I said everyone is allowed an opinion , I just know the posts to avoid !!!
    Not just from all over Scotland either. I drove up from Leeds. Go back home at 3am. ( Which in this instance is only about same as Dandies returning to Aberdeen and Shire I should imagine ? )

Long night. Ultimately worth it. !!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Not just from all over Scotland either. I drove up from Leeds. Go back home at 3am. ( Which in this instance is only about same as Dandies returning to Aberdeen and Shire I should imagine ? )

Long night. Ultimately worth it. !!

Respect to the folk who made the game last night, wish I was there celebrating. Will make the semi though (<<< part-timer)

Page 58 of 625 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast