+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 68 of 625 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168568 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

I still believe if a young player is good enough he will make it into the first team, McKenna being the best example of someone who has taken their chance and went on to be a mainstay in the team. In days gone by the likes of Wright and Ross would probably have made more appearances than they have, I haven't seen enough of Ross but Wright has not done enough to merit a place in the first team when he has been given a chance this season which is a shame.

You only have to go back as far as Craig Brown who gave youngsters the chance for the sake of it and could argue that Mitch Megginson played 33 games too many for us and Clark Robertson played 67 games too many.The last quarter of a century is filled with youngsters who weren't good enough getting too much game time.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFlamaBlanca View Post
    Was it not Craig Brown that sent Pawlett out on loan? By McKenna`s own admission his loan spell at Ayr was not a success. When McInnes sends a player out on loan it seems to be the end of their Dons career. Cammy Smith, Lawrence Shankland, Declan McManus and Craig Storie all did well out on loan but never returned. And then there is Danny Rogers who has been out on several loans, done well each time but wasnt trusted to do his job when the chance arose. Like i`ve said before and i`m sure I will again, McInnes is way too overly cautious.
    Football management is not different to most managements now, basically using technology to assist with decision making.....at our club we employ analysts/scientists in Kirk, Stokes and Thomson(I think) along with the catapult gear(assume that is our preferred choice) and analytical data they provide the results for our coach to look at from goalkeeper thru to striker.....from daily training thru to match time on all levels of performance......it is only sensible when you consider the shelf life/finance involved in players.....with this, I’m pretty sure McInnes,Docherty,Robson and Marshall will discuss the merits of individual players regarding performance,injury and future opponents rather than some absurd notion banded about on here that there is a raffle to see who gets picked.......I might be wrong and all the coaches/analysts do hee haw to assist our current head coach and indeed the tea lady does bring out the tombola after the final training session on a Friday, anyway, onwards and upwards.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Football management is not different to most managements now, basically using technology to assist with decision making.....at our club we employ analysts/scientists in Kirk, Stokes and Thomson(I think) along with the catapult gear(assume that is our preferred choice) and analytical data they provide the results for our coach to look at from goalkeeper thru to striker.....from daily training thru to match time on all levels of performance......it is only sensible when you consider the shelf life/finance involved in players.....with this, I’m pretty sure McInnes,Docherty,Robson and Marshall will discuss the merits of individual players regarding performance,injury and future opponents rather than some absurd notion banded about on here that there is a raffle to see who gets picked.......I might be wrong and all the coaches/analysts do hee haw to assist our current head coach and indeed the tea lady does bring out the tombola after the final training session on a Friday, anyway, onwards and upwards.

SF
    I cant ever remember McInnes talking about data gathered on players during training/matches or using that data. You would have thought if he was using the data he would tell interviewers that he can see certain players working harder trying to get into the team and that they`ve earned their chance etc. Unless the bench isnt pushing to get into the starting 11?

Christ!

I've never considered the possibility of it not being a tombola.

Bloody hell, that's worse.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFlamaBlanca View Post
    I cant ever remember McInnes talking about data gathered on players during training/matches or using that data. You would have thought if he was using the data he would tell interviewers that he can see certain players working harder trying to get into the team and that they`ve earned their chance etc. Unless the bench isnt pushing to get into the starting 11?
    Why the f@ck would McInnes divulge stats like who jumps highest, who is fastest or what is the weakest side for a goalie......however, when interviewed on McLean yesterday.....”he demands the the ball even in difficult positions and even his running stats are all through the roof.No one works harder than Kenny McLean”, nothing there that anyone connected with fitba would not already know.....anyway, don’t let facts get in the way of totally objective opinions......

SF

‘No one works harder than Kenny McLean’

That’s a peach

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    ‘No one works harder than Kenny McLean’

That’s a peach
    Ehmmm naw, it is not a piece of fruit, merely the results of the data analysis given to our current coach, I reckon we will miss McLean and with luck he will progress more at Norwich like he has done for us and previously St Mirren.....he could have chosen any one of quite a few clubs chasing him in the past 2 windows but Norwich was the preferred choice.The facts are that he is respected in the domestic scene and is on the verge of a breakthrough on the national scene(2 caps earned so far I think apart from U21’s)having been in quite a few squads, perhaps the coaches involved know a wee bit more about football than grocery, regardless, onwards and upwards.

SF

I wonder what the stats show when he decides to play Rooney wide left

Wright has shown flashes of great flair.

That s enough for me as a supportwr to nurture him...concentrate on taking him the next stages through encouragement and experience of playing more games.

A good manager would get the best out of wright not drop him after he makes a few mistakes while he obviously has talent.

Every single player in our team has made a ton of mistakes and stayed in the first team so thos thing about him not being good enough for the present team is sh*te.

You cant drop everyone of course but why only choose Wright who has flair and flashes of brilliance imo.

Hes exciting ..and runs at defences.

You can only say that about gms or mcginn... at times.

I dont know what kind of football dm is trying to get the team to play but it sure aint exciting.

Fergie would have no more chance of winning the league under present conditions than McInnes,

In his 8 seasons here Fergie won the league 3 times, Dundee Utd won it once, Celtic won it 4 times. Celtic won it more often than we did even though the gulf in financial spend was a fraction of what it is today. At the time our players were on not massively dissimilar money from theirs, whereas now even their fringe bench-warmers are paid a multiple of what our top players earn.

Fergie did a magnificent job but he did it in an era when we could attract and retain far better players than we've any hope of bringing here now.

Page 68 of 625 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168568 ... LastLast