+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 70 of 625 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170570 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Isn't that how young players usually get into the first team?

Its a bit before my time so someone older can correct me if Im wrong but did Alex McLeish not break into the first team because of an injury or loss of form to Willie Garner?
    Isn't that my point?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Isn't that my point?
    I thought your point was that McInnes only gave McKenna a chance because Reynolds is shyte and my point was unless you have got the next Messi in your youth team then thats usually how youngsters get their chance in the first team

I don’t see what’s any of this has to do with McInnes being a f*cking spud. Back to topic please

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I don’t see what’s any of this has to do with McInnes being a f*cking spud. Back to topic please
    Indeed, imagine derailing a thread......back on topic gents and toe the M89 party line.

Quiet week with internationals on...

Back on topic....McInnes.

I see that Reading sacked Jaap Stam yesterday and McInnes' name is nowhere to be seen when looking at replacements. It seems to me that, other than Sunderland, he never gets even vaguely tipped to get any of these championship jobs. The more time goes on the more deluded it is if he or anyone else thinks he will get even a championship job in guffland. Even Murty and Warburton are getting mentioned for this gig ahead of him

He would at least need to win the cup to get a sniff of something at that level otherwise he is looking at league one at best. He was only offered the Sunderland gig because of his hun connections with Martin Bain. He just doesn't seem to be rated by anyone else just now other than Milne. So we are stuck with him for the forseeable future.

Hope I am wrong but I can't see us getting past Motherwell while missing our suspended players. I only hope that McInnes recruits well over the summer, changes his footballing philosophy to one of positivity and ditches having "favourites" (O'Connor/Considine)...given that he has been this way for years now fits the chances of that happening?!

It has got to the point now where people are just posting exactly the same thing about McInnes that has been posted about a hundred times before. We all know his flaws and its getting boring being reminded about them again and again. At least wait until we get papped out of the cup by Motherwell before moaning about him again and I will happily join in.

Until then start moaning about the new stadium again for a while, its getting a bit stale on here.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Could have been. Rougvie was also a first choice centre back ahead of McLeish before he broke through is my hazy recollection.
    Rougvie won his first senior medal playing at right back when he was a loon.

Farmed out to Kynoch Park to play for the Undisputed Demi-Semi-gods of Heelan League fitba in 73, and he played in the League Cup final in Elgin where Ross County had to wend their way back to Dingwall in their horse-drawn gypsy wagons on the wrong end of a 2-1 defeat. <3

Then we beat them in the final for the two succeeding years, including a 6-2 thrashing in 74.

"And as for Jimmy Lynas you can stick him up yer hole".

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It has got to the point now where people are just posting exactly the same thing about McInnes that has been posted about a hundred times before. We all know his flaws and its getting boring being reminded about them again and again. At least wait until we get papped out of the cup by Motherwell before moaning about him again and I will happily join in.

Until then start moaning about the new stadium again for a while, its getting a bit stale on here.
    It's international week.
    Apart from "goalposter", as far as I can tell, no-one gives a flying f**k about Scotland, the SFA, or international football.
    Folk are bored.
    And it's reflected in the posts this last week.

As you say, I can only imagine the meltdown if we lose in the semi-final to Motherwell.

Aberdeen heritage site says McLeish initially took over from Garner at centre half in 1979 but was dropped in favour of Rougvie until Garner's return that season. So my memory is better than I thought ! Although it does say Rougvie was moved to left back on Garner's return.

Quote Originally Posted by 8outoftencaat View Post
    Quiet week with internationals on...

Back on topic....McInnes.

I see that Reading sacked Jaap Stam yesterday and McInnes' name is nowhere to be seen when looking at replacements. It seems to me that, other than Sunderland, he never gets even vaguely tipped to get any of these championship jobs. The more time goes on the more deluded it is if he or anyone else thinks he will get even a championship job in guffland. Even Murty and Warburton are getting mentioned for this gig ahead of him

He would at least need to win the cup to get a sniff of something at that level otherwise he is looking at league one at best. He was only offered the Sunderland gig because of his hun connections with Martin Bain. He just doesn't seem to be rated by anyone else just now other than Milne. So we are stuck with him for the forseeable future.

Hope I am wrong but I can't see us getting past Motherwell while missing our suspended players. I only hope that McInnes recruits well over the summer, changes his footballing philosophy to one of positivity and ditches having "favourites" (O'Connor/Considine)...given that he has been this way for years now fits the chances of that happening?!
    Wise words from someone in the know apparently......I’m surprised you only get 8/10.......meanwhile, we’ve got the semi and a fight for 2nd to focus on.

SF

Page 70 of 625 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170570 ... LastLast