+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 71 of 625 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171571 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Aberdeen heritage site says McLeish initially took over from Garner at centre half in 1979 but was dropped in favour of Rougvie until Garner's return that season. So my memory is better than I thought ! Although it does say Rougvie was moved to left back on Garner's return.
    Big Eck moved up from our bonnie wee toon before myself, like a few players he learned his trade with either junior(Lewis’s) in his case or Highland league.....his main role was actually a midfielder, however he could easily play C/H and thankfully that became his position.....DJ/Rougvie final was a tough introduction, he had played previously@C/H but still a tough game, good memories of him playing some f@cking tremendous games for us/Scotland in a great career.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Big Eck moved up from our bonnie wee toon before myself, like a few players he learned his trade with either junior(Lewis’s) in his case or Highland league.....his main role was actually a midfielder, however he could easily play C/H and thankfully that became his position.....DJ/Rougvie final was a tough introduction, he had played previously@C/H but still a tough game, good memories of him playing some f@cking tremendous games for us/Scotland in a great career.

SF
    Aye big Eck had a wee bit more fitba in him than a bog standard centre half. I stumbled across run of programmes on Bt sport focusing on Liverpool's televised games in their European Cup Winning Season of 80/81. They showed 15 mins of our game at Anfield. Not a happy memory.

There was one moment of genius when big Eck takes the ball down in the box, flicks it over Dalglish's head and runs out of defence with the ball !

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    Aye big Eck had a wee bit more fitba in him than a bog standard centre half. I stumbled across run of programmes on Bt sport focusing on Liverpool's televised games in their European Cup Winning Season of 80/81. They showed 15 mins of our game at Anfield. Not a happy memory.

There was one moment of genius when big Eck takes the ball down in the box, flicks it over Dalglish's head and runs out of defence with the ball !
    Spent that night dodging the bangers/fireworks that the lovely scousers thought would be nice to throw at us.....must have been around bonfire night.....pr1cks......head back up the road.....our @rses felt on the pitch and looking forward to perhaps the same on the Saturday at Parkhead due to injuries....boom.....the young players standing in did well, normal service resumed with an away win.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Wise words from someone in the know apparently......I’m surprised you only get 8/10.......meanwhile, we’ve got the semi and a fight for 2nd to focus on.

SF
    At what point did I claim to be "in the know apparently"?! Also I presume that you are not aware of our former player?

Would love to know what I have said that is in your view wrong? I just gave an opinion and I seem to recall you crowing on before to people that this is meant to be a "banter forum"...do you even ken fit that means? Certainly dinna see it in that post.

Appears that the McInnes apologists are taking over and dinna like it if any conflicting view gets posted on here.

Would be delighted for us to win the cup, that would be an achievement. Don't really care about 2nd but it's definitely better than 3rd or below.

Winning a cup would give McInnes something of a legacy but it shouldn't cloud that we have regressed this season in terms of performance and the ability levels of our playing squad. I have never said that I want him sacked. Just pointed out my view of where our weaknesses lie and my desire to see us do better.

Sorry if that is disagreeable to you and for raising a different point of view to that of you and your pals - hope you all keep enjoying what your being served.

P.S. Your posts always end in SF....Presumably that is a signature for Stupid **** and not Stand Free?!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It has got to the point now where people are just posting exactly the same thing about McInnes that has been posted about a hundred times before. We all know his flaws and its getting boring being reminded about them again and again. At least wait until we get papped out of the cup by Motherwell before moaning about him again and I will happily join in.
    Absolutely.
    None of the criticism is constructive at all.
    Its just an opportunity to beat DM with a stick at every opportunity.
    The broken record keeps being played.

Quote Originally Posted by 8outoftencaat View Post
    At what point did I claim to be "in the know apparently"?! Also I presume that you are not aware of our former player?

Would love to know what I have said that is in your view wrong? I just gave an opinion and I seem to recall you crowing on before to people that this is meant to be a "banter forum"...do you even ken fit that means? Certainly dinna see it in that post.

Appears that the McInnes apologists are taking over and dinna like it if any conflicting view gets posted on here.

Would be delighted for us to win the cup, that would be an achievement. Don't really care about 2nd but it's definitely better than 3rd or below.

Winning a cup would give McInnes something of a legacy but it shouldn't cloud that we have regressed this season in terms of performance and the ability levels of our playing squad. I have never said that I want him sacked. Just pointed out my view of where our weaknesses lie and my desire to see us do better.

Sorry if that is disagreeable to you and for raising a different point of view to that of you and your pals - hope you all keep enjoying what your being served.

P.S. Your posts always end in SF....Presumably that is a signature for Stupid **** and not Stand Free?!
    If you read any of JJ's posts or indeed mine as I presume there was a back handed slur to anyone that doesn't want Deek strung up by his baas from the nearest lampposts there are very few McInnes apologists or "happy clappers". Just a few folk who are prepared to be somewhat more realistic. I don't think anyone for example has tried to defend our performance at Ibrox as being acceptable.

No doubt you will come out and crow when we get knocked out in the Semi and finish 4th in the league. Me I just want us to do as well as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Absolutely.
    None of the criticism is constructive at all.
    Its just an opportunity to beat DM with a stick at every opportunity.
    The broken record keeps being played.
    Constructive criticism are you suggesting that Derek reads the forum

Quote Originally Posted by 8outoftencaat View Post
    but it shouldn't cloud that we have regressed this season in terms of performance and the ability levels of our playing squad. I have never said that I want him sacked. Just pointed out my view of where our weaknesses lie and my desire to see us do better.
    I think at the end of last season, it was always going to be considered that this year would be a transitional year for the squad.
    Indeed, I seem to recall there being many plaudits last summer for the recruitment we managed to achieve.

I get the sense of regression, were now unlikely to match last seasons record breaking total and were beaten in the quarter finals of the League cup as opposed to getting to the final.

It would seem that this next summer will be another transitional window and I guess the big fear is whether we will be able to replace with better quality than those we will lose this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Constructive criticism are you suggesting that Derek reads the forum
    Can we not make constructive points as we debate amongst ourselves?

Constructive criticism is given direct to the person otherwise it’s just a debate between us

Page 71 of 625 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171571 ... LastLast