+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 510 of 625 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520560610 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    All good points. I would add Ryan Christie to the list. Taking a Celtic player on loan and giving him games and developing him as a player to the extent that he is now a regular with them was to absolutely no-ones benefit except Celtics.
    Remember we almost signed him on the back of the loan deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Remember we almost signed him on the back of the loan deal.
    And we did benefit from having a top player at our disposal for 18 months, albeit not when playing the JJs.

And if they had signed John McGinn, Christie would be an AFC player now, fairly certain.

But I take your point. No Lewis Morgan on loan, or Johnny Hayes. Any subsequent deals with the vicTims have to be permies.

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    All good points. I would add Ryan Christie to the list. Taking a Celtic player on loan and giving him games and developing him as a player to the extent that he is now a regular with them was to absolutely no-ones benefit except Celtics.
    Definitely up there for me. The equivalent of Celtic loaning Sevco a player in January.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    And we did benefit from having a top player at our disposal for 18 months, albeit not when playing the JJs.

And if they had signed John McGinn, Christie would be an AFC player now, fairly certain.

But I take your point. No Lewis Morgan on loan, or Johnny Hayes. Any subsequent deals with the vicTims have to be permies.
    Definitely a sliding door moment

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Definitely up there for me. The equivalent of Celtic loaning Sevco a player in January.
    Absolutely. Embarrasing diddy club behaviour on our part. "Please sir kind Mister Brendan, can we gave a wee shottie of your player"?

Absolutely
    The second most embarrassing moment ever to be a Dons fan.

Yea that was really horrendous, embarrassing times when we were playing the best football in 25 years and made the Scottish Cup final, finishing with the highest ever points total outside the old firm. Terrible decision to take him on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Absolutely
    The second most embarrassing moment ever to be a Dons fan.
    First being?

Stenhousemuir? QoS? Queens Park? Stigma whatsit? Bohemians? Letting McInnes make eyes at Sevco then welcoming him back with open arms?

Aye, the Milne era is the Glory Years right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    Yea that was really horrendous, embarrassing times when we were playing the best football in 25 years and made the Scottish Cup final, finishing with the highest ever points total outside the old firm. Terrible decision to take him on loan.
    Sorry, but we should never gave taken Christie on loan from them.
    It IS an embarrassment, us developing a player for them, subservient, unambitious p1sh

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    Wow we made a cup final did we win it no so who cares 2nd place is for losers next you’ll be saying at least we tried our best.

Highest points total again who cares if it doesn’t win anything.

Page 510 of 625 FirstFirst ... 10410460500508509510511512520560610 ... LastLast