+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 307 of 625 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    The big plus we had when Mcinnes took over was having Hayes and McGinn on fire. It meant teams had to concentrate on both of them whilst having Rooney tapping goals in. It meant we were exciting due to their skill and pace.
    I agree with that, the team used to be quite exciting to watch a few years back but to be perfectly honest the team now is dull and boring to watch and the victories in the harder games especially are generally ground out. I think that one of the main problems is that there is a lack of any real peace in the team, with the exception of GMS, who’s rarely fit now and is likely on be away soon - consequently we rely too much on trickery, of which there is very little on display, and long balls in to Cosgrove, to breach defences. In addition to all of this, it looks as if we are going to need a whole new team for next season so God knows what to expect!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I've bolded your bolded bit. It's the bestest word.
    I love it when the debate descends to grammar and punctuation.
    A clear indication that they can’t debate the subject and are desperate to say anything.

https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...-bolded-a-word

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I think the main word that people beat McInnes up on is "competing" as when you look at how we approach the celtic games we are just so passive and defensive and don't even give ourselves a chance to beat them, the first 30 minutes of the recent semi being the perfect example as was the League cup final. Lennon didn't always beat celtic with hibs but he at least let them know they had been in a game and gave their fans some excitement in the process
    I get what you’re saying but arguably the defensive way is likely to be the more successful.
    The league cup final we were arguably the better team with the better opportunities until we should have had a pen.
    The semi just past, we weathered the early storm and was settling into the game until Balls sending off.
    Frustrating them and their fans certainly isn’t exciting, but it is the most likely to counter the imbalance in finances.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I get what you’re saying but arguably the defensive way is likely to be the more successful.
    The league cup final we were arguably the better team with the better opportunities until we should have had a pen.
    The semi just past, we weathered the early storm and was settling into the game until Balls sending off.
    Frustrating them and their fans certainly isn’t exciting, but it is the most likely to counter the imbalance in finances.
    The actual results over the last three seasons would suggest otherwise though, with only a single victory when arguably celtic would quietly have wanted us to win to deny sevco second place. If you look at how hibs and hertz have beaten celtic over the same period of time it hasn't been by defending deep and keeping fingers crossed for a set play goal but rather by attacking them and pressing high. Everyone knows that Celtics weakest part of their team over that time has been their defence except apparently us.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    The actual results over the last three seasons would suggest otherwise though, with only a single victory when arguably celtic would quietly have wanted us to win to deny sevco second place. If you look at how hibs and hertz have beaten celtic over the same period of time it hasn't been by defending deep and keeping fingers crossed for a set play goal but rather by attacking them and pressing high. Everyone knows that Celtics weakest part of their team over that time has been their defence except apparently us.
    I accept what you are saying, but would also view that the results have been a lot closer for us.
    I don’t accept that Celtic let us win at the end of the season, their players certainly seemed piss3d off at the end.
    Hearts always seem to be able to get a result at Tynecastle.
    Their play suits their tight pitch.
    Would you take Levein over McInnes?

I also think that Celtic raise their game against us as one of their closer rivals as they do for SevCo, but are prone to not being as switched on against lower league opposition.
    I recall Kilmarnock beating Celtic and then they humped SevCo 5-0.
    How can a team vary so much in a few days otherwise.

That's what it would take, we couldn't court managers whilst McInnes is still in the role.
    That said, once McInnes was sacked, applicants would then be in the knowledge considering us as a club sacking McInnes who has been successful for us.
    I can't but help think back to the last manager we sacked who qualified us for Europe and who Milne put in as his replacement.

Hibs are a reasonable thought of who applied for that role.
    Heckinbottom seems to have had a good start, but who else was interested in the role.
    Managers like Chris Coleman, Michael Appleton, Jim Magilton and Simon Grayson seem to spring to memory

What about Scott Gemmil, would he be considered?

Who would appease you Mason?
    You honestly believe clubs don't pursue other possibilities while the manager is in the seat. Dinna be daft

I accept what you are saying, but would also view that the results have been a lot closer for us.
    I don’t accept that Celtic let us win at the end of the season, their players certainly seemed piss3d off at the end.
    Hearts always seem to be able to get a result at Tynecastle.
    Their play suits their tight pitch.
    Would you take Levein over McInnes?

I also think that Celtic raise their game against us as one of their closer rivals as they do for SevCo, but are prone to not being as switched on against lower league opposition.
    I recall Kilmarnock beating Celtic and then they humped SevCo 5-0.
    How can a team vary so much in a few days otherwise.
    I certainly wouldn't take Levein over McInnes but let's go back to how this conversation started, which was who would replace McInnes if he left for Scotland and I suggested Lennon. Despite the clear baggage that would come with Lennon, he is a winner and he had hibs playing attractive football and he much more than McInnes has sussed out how to beat celtic and it was most certainly not by trying to play a containment game. Tell me if I'm wrong!!

With regard to our single victory if you get the chance go back and watch the last 10-15 minutes again and tell me if you think celtic put in remotely close to the effort to retrieve the deficit that they would put in if they are 1-0 down to us the first time we play them next season i.e. a meaningful game to them

What I want to know is.......who would appease Mason?

"Appease" is chosen as the word of today, based mainly on the amount of times it's been used.

"Placket" came a close second

I love it when the debate descends to grammar and punctuation.
    A clear indication that they can’t debate the subject and are desperate to say anything.

https://english.stackexchange.com/qu...-bolded-a-word
    I did, just after it. Just complementing on you making up words. Accept my compliment oh bolded one.

Yet Lennon failed against McInnes time and again with Hibs
    Oh well that’s a fantastic argument. Case closed I suppose.

Page 307 of 625 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407 ... LastLast