+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 363 of 625 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast
Results 3,621 to 3,630 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

It's not that I would want it to happen but why would a club like Kilmarnock not have an even chance of success as a club like Aberdeen?

Whatever way you look at it, Scottish football would be a far healthier place if there were a strong Kilmarnock, Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc.

A treble treble for f'uck sake, how low do you want to go?

[QUOTE=afc1903mad;39232671]Graham Potter long before anyone else on here and before he performed well in the Europa League Group stages.[/QUOTE

You just never mentioned him before he was in the Europa league

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post

You just never mentioned him before he was in the Europa league
    Your point being?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Your point being?
    You talk absolute garbage thinking you knew about potter before anyone else keep your ear to the ground for the Swedish league do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    You talk absolute garbage thinking you knew about potter before anyone else keep your ear to the ground for the Swedish league do you ?
    Now now BSR.
    I first noticed a good result against Galatasaray.
    RedStarTorphins suggested going for a young ambitious coach manager and I put his name forward as a suggestion.
    If you know of someone else bringing him up in here before please share.

TheBeachEnd challenged me back then on the suggestion and saying no-one at AFC would have had Potter flagged as an option.
    I don’t claim to be keeping my ear to the ground of the Swedish leagues but I can assess facts very well and believe I pointed him out here before anyone else.

I had suggested at the time he could come here (With Billy Reid as assistant) and use us as a stepping stone to the English Premiership.
    Where is he now?

P.s. it’s also like I posted on here that I liked some of the things Nathan Ralph did in a game against Dundee this season and somebody posted that they had never heard of him when we were linked with him last week.
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 26-05-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Yet had by far the lowest budget at Dumbarton & got them into the first Division. Go figure
    Yes, I can well imagine that Dumbarton’s budget was blown out of the water by all of the other teams in their league , the season they got promoted. The likes of Brechin , East Fife and Albion Rovers. The financial big-hitters like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    As was mentioned at the table in the bar at New Boghead when i was there. Mentioned by Dumbarton fans which will probablly be debated by folk on here
    Pacman, imagine you weren’t a Dons fan and were visiting Pittodrie as a one-off on your ground-hopping travels.

And imagine you went into a bar and found yourself discussing the merits of McInnes with Mason and Red John

And then imagine you went to the next table where afc1903mad and ragnarok were sitting......

Do you see where I’m going here ?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Now now BSR.
    I first noticed a good result against Galatasaray.
    RedStarTorphins suggested going for a young ambitious coach manager and I put his name forward as a suggestion.
    If you know of someone else bringing him up in here before please share.

TheBeachEnd challenged me back then on the suggestion and saying no-one at AFC would have had Potter flagged as an option.
    I don’t claim to be keeping my ear to the ground of the Swedish leagues but I can assess facts very well and believe I pointed him out here before anyone else.

I had suggested at the time he could come here (With Billy Reid as assistant) and use us as a stepping stone to the English Premiership.
    Where is he now?

P.s. it’s also like I posted on here that I liked some of the things Nathan Ralph did in a game against Dundee this season and somebody posted that they had never heard of him when we were linked with him last week.
    Go you,whats your lottery numbers for next week?

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    And then imagine you went to the next table where afc1903mad and ragnarok were sitting......

Do you see where I’m going here ?
    Good to know that someone actually reads my posts!

I don’t see myself as a McInnes happy clapper, more a dour realist. I think McInnes has been a good fit for Aberdeen for the most part but his limitations are an understandable source of frustration as we have essentially peaked just short of genuine success.

I also happen to think that he’s probably going to continue to do a better (or no worse) job than most of the likely candidates to replace him. The “Jamie Langfield” argument is a logic fail because (a) how many potential replacements did we go through who were just as bad or worse than Langfield and (b) replacing a manager is not the same as replacing a goalkeeper.

There probably is someone out there who could do a better job than McInnes but the ingredients are somewhat intangible so a new manager is always going to be something of a punt. I suspect we would likely need to go through a few managers until we found someone who would make a tangible improvement (although we could get lucky first time). The problem is that there are so many other variables that are directly influenced by the manager, that kind of chopping and changing has many detrimental knock on effects for other areas of the club; a period of uncertainty or instability can be beneficial when things have gone a bit stale, more likely it leads to a lean period like the one we saw from 1996-2014.

For a club in our position success has a lot to do with luck and timing and when DM came into the job it was a case of the right man at the right time. Six years later a section of the support is now looking at our perennial cup defeats to Celtic and, not without justification, asking if he’s the man to take us forward. In my view if there’s one criticism that sticks against McInnes is his record against Celtic; not just the H2H (which isn’t that bad in terms of wins vs losses when compared with other teams) but the fact we’ve been battered by them so many times in key matches i.e. too often we’re not even close.

But then my realism kicks in and I realise that expecting some saviour to come in and rectify this is delusional. But I also realise that my realism is the antithesis of why many people follow a football team at all so I don’t begrudge others the fantasy that a new man at the helm could take us to another level.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 27-05-2019 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Go you,whats your lottery numbers for next week?
    I can’t condone or promote gambling, that’s an individuals choice.
    I can confirm however that the numbers will be between 1 and 59.
    I can also let you know that DM’s odds of winning silverware again with the Dons are shorter than winning the jackpot in the lottery, so would recommend that you’d be better placed backing the Dons than the lottery

Page 363 of 625 FirstFirst ... 263313353361362363364365373413463 ... LastLast