+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 154 of 625 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

It’s the same question I’ve been asked on a weekly basis. It’s just an extension of who do you replace Langfield with? Who comes in after Milne goes? I’m not sure. I suggested Jack Ross a couple of years back but apparently he needs to do his apprenticeship first before taking on the massive Aberdeen job.

We’re not getting value for money though. There seems to be lower paid managers signing better quality & getting more out them than our genius. We should’ve sacked him when we had the chance. That decision is looking more & more ridiculous every week

Craig Levein for me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    The only sense of entitlement from fans, is that we should be entitled to people who run our club with some sense
    Completely agree. I would be regarded on here as nearer the happy clapper end of the spectrum rather than the pant pisher end and have generally been a McInnes supporter but the absolute lunacy of selling Rooney when we had two forwards only that clearly were never going to score any serious amount of goals without a replacement lined up is beyond words. Don't talk to me about Anderson as he had never played for Aberdeen at that time. Likewise don't try and argue that Wilson is a replacement as he is a huge gamble, having only managed to play 40 games in last three seasons, partly due to injury and partly due to alleged laziness/crapness. Even in those 40 games in the Championship he only scored 6 goals so pretty much on par with Stevie May's non-goalscoring record.

I really hope Wilson proves me wrong but for a club like ourselves to put ourselves in this "fingers crossed and close your eyes" position over arguably the most important position in the team is simply not good enough. We are not St Johnstone or Motherwell or Dundee that due to finances has to take this sort of gamble on players. Look at our main rivals who can find players like Kamberi (14 goals in 22 matches), McLaren (9 goals in 23 games), Naismith (12 goals in 25 games) Lafferty (20 goals in 49 games) Ikpeazu (4 goals in 8 games). I don't know who to blame for this, whether it is Milne or McInnes or Richardson or all three, but as Jussi said we are entitled to expect better than this

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I don't think Hearts are uncatchable but the happy clappers are short signed and unambitious.

We shouldn't be looking at Hearts, we should be looking at the poor start by Celtic and Sevco.

If we started the way we should have, we would be putting the pressure on both teams.

The excuse from the happy clappers during the Delia season would always be "they'll sign our best players" but that's been debunked already.

We've ****ed it for the league already and don't look great shakes for the cups if things don't improve.
    There's some amount of pant pishing going on.
    Had some of the decisions gone our way, we could have had a lot more points.
    Two stonewall penalties against Hibs and St Johnstone cost us potentially 4 points.
    Devlin's sending off ruined the Killie game, a team we have had a bogey over and could have been a further 3 points.
    realistically we could have been 5-7 points better off despite playing poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Craig Levein for me.....
    No point in saying Craig Levein or indeed Neil Lennon as neither would move sideways for the Aberdeen job, it would need to be someone who sees it as a bigger (better paid) job than the one they already have

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s the same question I’ve been asked on a weekly basis. It’s just an extension of who do you replace Langfield with? Who comes in after Milne goes? I’m not sure. I suggested Jack Ross a couple of years back but apparently he needs to do his apprenticeship first before taking on the massive Aberdeen job.

We’re not getting value for money though. There seems to be lower paid managers signing better quality & getting more out them than our genius. We should’ve sacked him when we had the chance. That decision is looking more & more ridiculous every week
    Yip, all the excuses getting rolled out now. The budget excuse is embarrassing, missing out on players and players taking time to settle in.

We have a club that's debt free, a chairman that's been here longer than anyone else, the longest serving manager in the league and plenty of players that have played over 100 league games for us.

Blaming refs is a total deflection. It’s great you’ve got that desperate

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Two stonewall penalties against Hibs and St Johnstone cost us potentially 4 points.
    Devlin's sending off ruined the Killie game, a team we have had a bogey over and could have been a further 3 points.
    I agree that we should have had both penalties but even with that it would only paper over the cracks as our 6 league goals would be from 3 penalties, a direct free kick, a scramble from a corner and one outfield goal. Or lack of goals will continue to cost us points until it is rectified

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Excuses, excuses...correct on the last point though.

Levein is a tongue in cheek suggestion, of course he wouldn't leave Hearts for us but , as much as he has been criticized he shows some of the credentials that I'd be looking for. He knows how to play against Celtic and the Huns and he's not afraid to dip into the foreign transfer market. Anyway, DM would have to finish well into the bottom half of the table , possibly a couple seasons running, and pick up a few embarrassing cup exits before he is sacked .

Page 154 of 625 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast