+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 530 of 625 FirstFirst ... 30430480520528529530531532540580 ... LastLast
Results 5,291 to 5,300 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    The major happy clapper of recent times seems to have done a runner
    It is hard to defend Derek McInnes these days. He will definitely be away by the end of the season at the worst if not beforehand. When the football becomes rotten, when the fans turn against the manager and the results on the pitch don’t hide the reality then it only leads to one outcome....McInnes will be leaving against his will at our club unless he resigns before he is sacked. He won’t though as he wants the great pay off that his old chum set him up for.
    Cormack should take note and don’t tell the world that his appointment as manager is the best since Alex Ferguson as they will probably think they have to do little effort to please anyone at the club.

The major happy clapper of recent times seems to have done a runner
    Nobody's ran away

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Thank f uck for that.
    He’ll be boring folk f ucking rigid on that joke of a thread he created.
    Oh the irony

To be fair, you have been a bit quiet lately. I was looking forward to detailed, multi quoted, objective view, on why you were wrong to spend the last few years rimming the managers @rsehole.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    It is hard to defend Derek McInnes these days. He will definitely be away by the end of the season at the worst if not beforehand. When the football becomes rotten, when the fans turn against the manager and the results on the pitch don’t hide the reality then it only leads to one outcome....McInnes will be leaving against his will at our club unless he resigns before he is sacked. He won’t though as he wants the great pay off that his old chum set him up for.
    Cormack should take note and don’t tell the world that his appointment as manager is the best since Alex Ferguson as they will probably think they have to do little effort to please anyone at the club.
    I think the next four days will determine whether McInnes will be gone by the end of the season or not. If he doesn't get the backing to bring in a decent number 10 then that will tell the story of where this is going. He won't get sacked for continuing to play the same turgid football in itself as we will continue to grind out enough results (because everyone else in the league other than celtic/sevco is sh1t as well) and given the lead we have we will finish no lower than fourth, which will be good enough for Europe because celtic or sevco will win the Scottish Cup.

What he will get sacked for is the continuing decline in both season ticket sales and to a lesser extent dna renewals. Both of those will be clear to the Board over the next few months and that's when they will act. If however (and it's a huge if) he lands a creative midfielder and we start to play better football then I can see him surviving into next season

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I think the next four days will determine whether McInnes will be gone by the end of the season or not. If he doesn't get the backing to bring in a decent number 10 then that will tell the story of where this is going. He won't get sacked for continuing to play the same turgid football in itself as we will continue to grind out enough results (because everyone else in the league other than celtic/sevco is sh1t as well) and given the lead we have we will finish no lower than fourth, which will be good enough for Europe because celtic or sevco will win the Scottish Cup.

What he will get sacked for is the continuing decline in both season ticket sales and to a lesser extent dna renewals. Both of those will be clear to the Board over the next few months and that's when they will act. If however (and it's a huge if) he lands a creative midfielder and we start to play better football then I can see him surviving into next season
    I think we have already signed the number 10 - Kennedy. Failing that, Hedges or Wilson.

It’s on the wings we STILL have an issue, which is why I asked the question, has Lewis Morgan signed for that US team yet?

McInnes has fcuked things up on so many levels, it’s untrue. No successive planning the rapidly diminishing Logan and McGinn. If there are no youngsters breaking through on those two positions, which in itself is a poor poor indictment on his own youth structure, then those two roles should have prioritised last summer or this month. Instead of buying mince like Main and Wilson.

And in any case, cast your minds back to 2016. We get Maddison, terrific player but DM totally unbalanced the team to shoehorn him in; McLean into CDM, Maddison on the wing etc etc. EXACT same thing happened when Christie replaces Maddison in the January, punted him wide right.

Which is why I have zero confidence in the spanner in the hotseat to organise the team correctly if he did play with a proper number 10.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 28-01-2020 at 12:26 PM.

If a club can’t produce it’s own full backs then there is something far wrong.

If a club can’t produce it’s own full backs then there is something far wrong.
    St Mirren had a pair of kids in central defence on Sunday, totally nullified AFC. The full backs weren’t exactly adults either.

So either we can produce full backs, but McWinless doesn’t trust them. You decide.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 28-01-2020 at 12:30 PM.

As far as full-backs go... was at Cove on Saturday and their left-back was excellent. Harry Milne a 19 yo Banchory loon .... worth a look?

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    As far as full-backs go... was at Cove on Saturday and their left-back was excellent. Harry Milne a 19 yo Banchory loon .... worth a look?
    I was at Tannadice on Saturday and liked the look of their RB, Liam Smith. Pushed high up the field, something that McDogsh1t would soon knock out of him,

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    I was at Tannadice on Saturday and liked the look of their RB, Liam Smith. Pushed high up the field, something that McDogsh1t would soon knock out of him,
    I have seen him a few times and have been impressed with him.

I have been relatively on the fence about McInnes on the (probably misguided) notion that who would be much better. I don't think Ross has improved Hibs much and 1 decent result for the Diets is hardly anything to get excited about Stendl.

However every single transfer window is the same regurgitated sh*te and shows you his absolute pis*y pants attitude to signing young players from the Scottish leagues (unless its a favour to his best mate).

To me he should be looking at young players from the Scottish Leagues bought to compliment whats already coming through the academy. I am not advocating packing the team full of kids, but a couple at a time should be promoted into the first team and get a decent run, that's what Motherwell have done and its sad to say have now gone past us with probably half the budget we have.

Time for a manager who isn't stuck in the transfer window headlights who can see the bigger picture. I am guessing Robinson might be seen as some as damaged goods now but he has left McInnes behind big time and its been coming for a while.

Page 530 of 625 FirstFirst ... 30430480520528529530531532540580 ... LastLast