+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 165 of 625 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

People holding out hope for Wilson to be the answer are deluded..EVEN if he’s a success it would be luck more than good judgement. Stevie Wonder can see that getting rid of Rooney without having a nailed on replacement was foolish. McInnes has bet everything on May being the new Rooney and it’s gone tits up

Wilson is on 30 grand a week, and will not be setting the heather on fire - only warming the treatment table.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    He's been playing for 6 years. I've witnessed enough to know that he is an overpaid footballer without the will to prove me wrong. You're heading for a disappointment pinning your hopes on a wealthy young lad with no spirit. If he wants to try and contribute then he'd play. My take is he is happy to enjoy his life in the background. I'd prefer he wasn't at the club. Do you believe he brings value ?
    Don't know never seen him play. I'm not saying he is the new Maddison. He was a highly paid player who did well. Wilson is playing for his future that should be motivation enough

Christ I didn't realise Russell Grant and mystic meg were regular contributors to this site. Not forgetting the psychic barber

I can’t see what he does at Aberdeen having any bearing on his future

What a bunch of spanners on here about Rooney - folk speaking like he's a washed up paceless useless diddy that's 40.

He's 30 year old, a proven goalscorer, already got 7 in 11 for Salford - Worse league but you'd assume worse supply? Guy knows where the goal is!

Was far from finished it's just DM's obsession with more sitting midfielders than attackers/strikers prohibited him, especially as he was having to track back to help the left and right back at times! Was far better when we had Hayes and McGinn in full flight.

Selling him with no other option in the door was complete folly.

May is on a hiding to nothing though as he's in the same situation as Rooney with having to do a ton of legwork and he's not as deadly as Rooney so it means he's just buzzing about up there with no end product.

Cosgrove isn't a footballer - he's a non-league/highland league player who should be doing this part time and would cause problems due to his height at that level. Against any decent organised defence he's got no chance.

Anderson should be up there every week but DM won't do it - yes he's young, yes he will be inconsistent due to that and yes he's smaller but he obviously knows where the goal is - sadly in the modern game folk want carthorses and guys who run about up there rather than just putting the ball in the damn net!

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I can’t see what he does at Aberdeen having any bearing on his future
    His contract is up with man Utd at end of season. In his interview he said that it was unlikely he was going to get a new contract with them and it was up to him to prove he was worth an offer from another team .

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    What a bunch of spanners on here about Rooney - folk speaking like he's a washed up paceless useless diddy that's 40.

He's 30 year old, a proven goalscorer, already got 7 in 11 for Salford - Worse league but you'd assume worse supply? Guy knows where the goal is!

Was far from finished it's just DM's obsession with more sitting midfielders than attackers/strikers prohibited him, especially as he was having to track back to help the left and right back at times! Was far better when we had Hayes and McGinn in full flight.

May is on a hiding to nothing though as he's in the same situation as Rooney with having to do a ton of legwork and he's not as deadly as Rooney so it means he's just buzzing about up there with no end product.

Cosgrove isn't a footballer - he's a non-league/highland league player who should be doing this part time and would cause problems due to his height at that level. Against any decent organised defence he's got no chance.

Anderson should be up there every week but DM won't do it - yes he's young, yes he will be inconsistent due to that and yes he's smaller but he obviously knows where the goal is - sadly in the modern game folk want carthorses and guys who run about up there rather than just putting the ball in the damn net!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post

Mate he is playing for Salford with other players In his team who wouldn't be in that league were the team not a millionaire s play thing. The standard is absolute ****e.
    Like I said I would have kept him. Not as our number one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    His contract is up with man Utd at end of season. In his interview he said that it was unlikely he was going to get a new contract with them and it was up to him to prove he was worth an offer from another team .
    Clubs are more likely to look at the fact he played for Man Utd (we did) rather than what he does or doesn’t do here.

Page 165 of 625 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast