+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 380 of 625 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430480 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    McInnes spouts equal amounts of pish. But a different kind
    He would fit it quite well on here then

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Or we could go down the Paterson route, the Calderwood route, the Mcghee route, the Brown route, plus numerous other Scottish managers such as the Levein route, the Hughes route and so on and so on.

Just because it wasn't effective then doesn't mean it wouldn't be now. You're basically discounting every foreign manager based on what? Ronny Delia won the league did he not? Paul Le Guen wanted to implement a new way of playing and basically the Scottish players weren't having it so Ferguson won over him. In time who knows if his methods would've been successful.

You're almost saying that McInnes is the best we can hope to get and quite frankly that's not true, if it was then we'd be as well shutting shop as nothing in his past records say he's gonna be anything other than what he already is.
    I was replying to a poster who said they wanted a foreign manager with limited knowledge of Scottish football.

If you look back in my posts, you’d see that I’m not against McInnes being replaced but that there is a huge risk that the move would be more likely to fail than succeed.
    That’s why people (not just me) question who would come in?

For me, given the position the club is in, we are benefitting for some level of stability, which is what we need as the club has uncertainties elsewhere I.e. the stadium.

I’d be in no rush to risk a change of management until the stadium is delivered and we know the financial position we’re in.
    I’d think it’s only likely to be in a stronger place as a result of McInnes’s stability.
    Once the stadium is delivered, could it help entice a better calibre of manager (I know the usuals will jump all over that) and then take the risk to see if there is a better risk reward from changing manager.
    Until then, for me McInnes will be in place unless he opts to leave and I think if he did, we’d replace with Paul Sheerin and Barry Robson.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    He would fit it quite well on here then
    I'm beginning to think he already is posting on here 😀

Just got a text saying huddersfield are interested in McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    To dress up as a dog and be their match day mascot?

They sure as hell wouldn't be interested in having him as a coach. His stock is at all time low.

Was it from the Huddersfield chairman?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I was replying to a poster who said they wanted a foreign manager with limited knowledge of Scottish football.

If you look back in my posts, you’d see that I’m not against McInnes being replaced but that there is a huge risk that the move would be more likely to fail than succeed.
    That’s why people (not just me) question who would come in?

For me, given the position the club is in, we are benefitting for some level of stability, which is what we need as the club has uncertainties elsewhere I.e. the stadium.

I’d be in no rush to risk a change of management until the stadium is delivered and we know the financial position we’re in.
    I’d think it’s only likely to be in a stronger place as a result of McInnes’s stability.
    Once the stadium is delivered, could it help entice a better calibre of manager (I know the usuals will jump all over that) and then take the risk to see if there is a better risk reward from changing manager.
    Until then, for me McInnes will be in place unless he opts to leave and I think if he did, we’d replace with Paul Sheerin and Barry Robson.
    I do understand what you were trying to put across but with the exception of Caixinha then I wouldn't list any of the other foreigners as being huge failures, yes they didn't set the heather alight but as I said before Ronny did win the league and there were exceptional circumstance around Le Guen and Skovdahls time in Scottish football.

Reluctance to change because of stability is a weak mindset in my opinion, things are deteriorating and have been for the past season at least and to want to keep that status quo is exactly why we won't win anything in the near future. We're in a healthier position financially than we've been in a very long time, not due to McInnes I may add and if we want to further grow our spending power then ultimately we need a team on the park that will challenge, be it in cups or Europe and quite frankly that won't be happening under McInnes.

You talk of the new stadium, the new stadium could be couple years away, more than that and you're happy to remain with how things are? Be honest with yourself and think, since McInnes first season in 13/14 then what progression has there been?? Recruitment never has been very strong but past few windows it's been horrendously bad. Has he ever signed a player, made him a a better player and sold him on for a tidy profit? Are we any closer to finally winning the Scottish Cup again? Do we look likely to get to the group stages of Europa league with him?

The unknown will always hold a certain amount of trepidation and with good reason but you know what's worse? stagnating and accepting that this "stability" is as good as it gets. Only the bold and brave win things and these are two traits which McInnes sadly doesn't possess.

Zero chance that Huddersfield would consider McInnes. Macclesfield maybe but certainly not Huddersfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Zero chance that Huddersfield would consider McInnes. Macclesfield maybe but certainly not Huddersfield.
    Nah Macc have just binned Sol Campbell and are managerless. So they are better off sticking than having McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Was it from the Huddersfield chairman?
    Nope. Someone in the media.

Page 380 of 625 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390430480 ... LastLast