+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 447 of 625 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,470 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    “depending on our league finish” .
    That’s what I was saying earlier about why I think he will stay, because his record has been regular high finishes and qualifying for Europe.

Incidentally, that’s not me defending him, just my view of why I think the club will keep him on.

Commercially, potential investors will prefer a stable club with a record of qualification in Europe, hence why he got an extended deal through to the new stadium completion.

Footballing wise, we could do with a freshen up, but I just don’t think it will happen until the stadium is delivered, else we plummet down the table.
    You claim to know what potential investors are looking for. They want value for money and maximum exposure for their money. I don't think they give a monkeys who the manager is or isn't

I know for a fact a SPL club asked the main sponsor what they thought of the manager (should he stay or should he go). This was a few years back. They were enticing this business to be the main sponsor. The managers position entered into the discussions briefly.

If we are paid on league finish and cup runs, it could be the sponsor is not fussed we are doing poor, this will mean less of a payment at the end of the season. Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by The Trading Sheep View Post
    You got there in the end, well done... I note your un-called for abuse too, sums you up really. If you can't stand the heat, you should log off for a while.

Oh and I do accept a differing opinion. I would not have given him an extended contract, I would have got rid ages ago, you have him safe for now. I accept that, your opinion differs greatly from mine.

So a bottom 6 finish then you think he should go, interesting to note that you are prepared to let it rot all season with the damage that could do, but each to their own I guess.
    When he gets angry and annoyed about things he starts throwing insults about.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    When he gets angry and annoyed about things he starts throwing insults about.
    I noticed

Is he not one that goes on about debate etc etc... It kind of ruins it, but hey ho. I am no snowflake, so could not care less and just laugh

I noticed

Is he not one that goes on about debate etc etc... It kind of ruins it, but hey ho. I am no snowflake, so could not care less and just laugh
    He goes on about debate but doesn’t like reading other opinions. He’s kind of weird that way but each to their own.
    In fairness, he wants McInnes out now. We all know that now but he can’t come across and say that we are right and Del is useless because most of his arguments are based on him sticking up for our ridiculous manager.
    Maybe we should put him (McInnes not afc1903mad) on gardening leave. Give the job to Docherty in the meantime and see if he improves things. I don’t mind Docherty.

He goes on about debate but doesn’t like reading other opinions. He’s kind of weird that way but each to their own.
    In fairness, he wants McInnes out now. We all know that now but he can’t come across and say that we are right and Del is useless because most of his arguments are based on him sticking up for our ridiculous manager.
    Maybe we should put him (McInnes not afc1903mad) on gardening leave. Give the job to Docherty in the meantime and see if he improves things. I don’t mind Docherty.
    I agree, one minute he wants debate, then throws abuse to close down debate.

I am not not sure there are many people who want McInness to remain, but if you spend so long trying to sell, defend and justify McInness, then it must be a blow to see the mess we are in and watch week after week the slow decline of the club.

Has the team improved this year? did it improve last year from the year before that, or is it a fact that year after year we are getting worse.

I am not not sure there are many people who want McInness to remain, but if you spend so long trying to sell, defend and justify McInness, then it must be a blow to see the mess we are in and watch week after week the slow decline of the club.

Has the team improved this year? did it improve last year from the year before that, or is it a fact that year after year we are getting worse.
    We definitely are not improving at all year after year. We are in a decline and it will be up to our commander in chief to decide how far we let it go. Hopefully he gets a nudge from the other directors as a money man at the football club you don’t want rubbish prancing about on your £12m spend. Investment coming into the club like that should have clauses. Being a poor football team shouldn’t be tolerated or allowed.

You got there in the end, well done... I note your un-called for abuse too, sums you up really. If you can't stand the heat, you should log off for a while.

Oh and I do accept a differing opinion. I would not have given him an extended contract, I would have got rid ages ago, you have him safe for now. I accept that, your opinion differs greatly from mine.

So a bottom 6 finish then you think he should go, interesting to note that you are prepared to let it rot all season with the damage that could do, but each to their own I guess.
    Lol, I got there in the end Really???
    I only had to repeat myself for you to get it it seems.

You claim to know what potential investors are looking for. They want value for money and maximum exposure for their money. I don't think they give a monkeys who the manager is or isn't

I know for a fact a SPL club asked the main sponsor what they thought of the manager (should he stay or should he go). This was a few years back. They were enticing this business to be the main sponsor. The managers position entered into the discussions briefly.

If we are paid on league finish and cup runs, it could be the sponsor is not fussed we are doing poor, this will mean less of a payment at the end of the season. Who knows...
    I didn’t claim anything.
    I merely offered an opinion and even said I might be wrong.
    You should try reading the posts.

P.s. you start talking about investors, but then go on about maximum exposure I.e. sponsorship.
    You then go on about SPL sponsorship and final placings determining the payout.
    To clarify, I didn’t mention sponsorship once and that’s different from the potential investment I was referring to.
    Last edited by afc1903mad; 30-09-2019 at 08:59 PM.

Im still waiting for these examples.
    Nobody’s chosen to show one, despite it being most of my supposed argument

Nah, just got tired of being asked the same thing time from numerous posters when I had already answered the first time.

Page 447 of 625 FirstFirst ... 347397437445446447448449457497547 ... LastLast