+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 64 of 625 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164564 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not sure if Aberdeen fans should be sticking their noses up at the League cup considering we have only won 3 trophies since 1990.
    Nobody is sticking their noses up at the League Cup. It's the only trophy I've seen us win in the flesh. Couldn't go to SC 90 and too young for the rest.

Scottish Cup means more to every club in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Spielführer_1903 View Post
    Nobody is sticking their noses up at the League Cup. It's the only trophy I've seen us win in the flesh. Couldn't go to SC 90 and too young for the rest.

Scottish Cup means more to every club in the country.
    Wasn’t necessarily aimed at you,all this talk of the SC being more important than the League cup is all very well if we are winning trophies on a regular basis, if we ever get back to doing that then fair enough but to me winning either of them I would be more than happy with at the moment.

Wasn’t necessarily aimed at you,all this talk of the SC being more important than the League cup is all very well if we are winning trophies on a regular basis, if we ever get back to doing that then fair enough but to me winning either of them I would be more than happy with at the moment.
    Whether we win it or not, doesn’t change the importance of the Scottish Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Statistically, our club has won 19 honours (17 domestic) in our 115 year history.
    That means we average one trophy every 6 years.

If you discount our two European trophies, our average is higher at one trophy almost every 7 years (rounded).

Still far better than the likes of Hearts (One trophy every 9 years) or Hibs (One trophy in 14.5 years) or SevCo (0 Trophies in 6 years).
    Of course I'm only citing major trophies
    Fair point and can't argue with the stats. However it just feels to repeat the average so only win 1 out of the next 14 cups would be seriously disappointing. We need to be much more ambitious in my view and be looking to build a squad and a way of playing that more successfully wins the big games and hence improves the chance of winning a cup.

I'm sticking with my 2 out of 10 cups as something we should be aiming for

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Whether we win it or not, doesn’t change the importance of the Scottish Cup.
    Yes but the League cup is important too,not everyone will agree with me but I would rather have memories of going to a cup final and watching us winning a trophy than a few European nights in the Europa League group stages.

To me the League cup win in 2014 was better than the European run in 2007/08.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyLongstaffe View Post
    Deek's record in cups - a win, finals, semis etc - is actually very good. But cup competitions are not a very good way of assessing a manager.
    Didn't want to quote the while thing again, but that was a brilliant post. Agree with what everything you said there

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Fair point and can't argue with the stats. However it just feels to repeat the average so only win 1 out of the next 14 cups would be seriously disappointing. We need to be much more ambitious in my view and be looking to build a squad and a way of playing that more successfully wins the big games and hence improves the chance of winning a cup.

I'm sticking with my 2 out of 10 cups as something we should be aiming for
    Citing statistics about how many cups we have won is pointless.

I can remember getting grief after the hearts cup game because I suggested that we should be winning the Scottish Cup, only to have someone spout pish about how we have no right to win it, having only won it 7 times.

Both cups are important but I'd take the SC over the League Cup and so would everyone else.

There's absolutely no doubt that over the last few years, it's been much easier to win either.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Citing statistics about how many cups we have won is pointless.

I can remember getting grief after the hearts cup game because I suggested that we should be winning the Scottish Cup, only to have someone spout pish about how we have no right to win it, having only won it 7 times.

Both cups are important but I'd take the SC over the League Cup and so would everyone else.

There's absolutely no doubt that over the last few years, it's been much easier to win either.
    We know you think it’s been easier to win them this last few years because you have told us about 7 fecking times

We know you think it’s been easier to win them this last few years because you have told us about 7 fecking times
    Did I tell you about how Milne won't sack Mcinnes?

To me the League cup win in 2014 was better than the European run in 2007/08.
    Me too. It’s not even close

Page 64 of 625 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164564 ... LastLast