+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 271 of 625 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

So would I. I'd have been delighted.
    If they had told me how our season was going to be played out to date, I would have thought that there has been no improvement in the team again this year and perhaps a sign that the quality of our play was deteriorating.
    I'm happy (yes, really) that we won all those games in December but it still doesn't hide the overall picture of the last 18 months.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Fallen since when?

You joined here in 2011 so has the expectations fallen since then?

I can’t recall many people moaning about how we won back then,we were all just relieved we won because it didn’t happen that often.
    AND THAT'S IT.
    Just be grateful for where we are now because it can only get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    AND THAT'S IT.
    I never said that,although it probably won’t get much better than this as long as Stewart Milne is chairman.Once he goes it could end up being better than it is now.

You still never answered the question like everyone else who uses the “is this as good as it gets “ cliche.

Were you worried about how we won in 2011?

AND THAT'S IT.
    What are you on about?

No one could be happy about today, or some of the performances against Timothy but we are where we are, and today its THREE points off the top of the league and still in the cup.

Talking

I never said that,although it probably won’t get much better than this as long as Stewart Milne is chairman.Once he goes it could end up being better than it is now.

You still never answered the question like everyone else who uses the “is this as good as it gets “ cliche.

Were you worried about how we won in 2011?
    Like most fans, I was worried that we'd actually win.
    Milne is a major stumbling block to success but if you are going to use that as your excuse for our management's inability to learn from their mistakes and change their tactics and scouting accordingly then we'll never move on and he'll be able to hide behind that excuse for as long as our current chairman resides.
    It isn't about today or even just this season. We are stale as old bread and people seem scared to criticise because we know that will only lead to worse times. "We need to be careful what we wish for."
    Ach, rant over, I'm off to bed.

Milne is a major stumbling block to success but if you are going to use that as your excuse for our management's inability to learn from their mistakes and change their tactics and scouting accordingly then we'll never move on and he'll be able to hide behind that excuse for as long as our current chairman resides.
    It isn't about today or even just this season. We are stale as old bread and people seem scared to criticise because we know that will only lead to worse times. "We need to be careful what we wish for."
    Ach, rant over, I'm off to bed.
    After results like today I’m more than happy to criticise McInnes,why he felt the need to play 2 holding midfielders against Stenhousmuir is beyond me.

The whole we need to be careful what we wish for was being churned out 10 years ago when I joined here and Calderwood was in charge.

I have absolutely no faith whatsoever that Milne is ever going to stumble across a manager who is going to have us any more successful than we already are under McInnes,I don’t think he has the desire or ambition to try to find one.

I do believe that there is more chance if he ever has to replace McInnes he will get it spectacularly wrong and make us worse than we already are,that’s pretty much the only reason I’m alright with McInnes still being our manager.

why he felt the need to play 2 holding midfielders against Stenhousmuir is beyond me.
    They weren’t exactly holding though, were they.
    We played Stewart, Ferguson and Shinnie, who all seem to rotate.
    When Stewart dropped deep, either Ferguson or Shinnie would have may a run forward.

Who would you have dropped though, Shinnie or Ferguson?

I don’t understand this.
    Why would you be worried that we’d win?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    They weren’t exactly holding though, were they.
    We played Stewart, Ferguson and Shinnie, who all seem to rotate.
    When Stewart dropped deep, either Ferguson or Shinnie would have may a run forward.

Who would you have dropped though, Shinnie or Ferguson?
    That’s still 2 holding midfielders if one of them dropped deep

I’m with you on that one,if we win I’m happy,it’s a bit odd that people are unhappy after we beat the Huns at Hampden in a semi final because we didn’t play them off the park.

Some fans are going a bit West Ham-ish these days.
    Meaning ???...

Page 271 of 625 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast