+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Was it not Craig Brown that picked McInnes? Which is utterly bizarre
    No, it wasn’t.
    It was Milne & he did so on the advice of Steve Brown who was St Johnstone chairman at the time.

Mmmm nae what I heard.

Tale I heard was that the board, collectively, wanted Derek Adams.

Broon was a lone voice for MacInnes and talked the rest of them round.

I have also heard that, following this, Wiggy sought the counsel of Brown at St J.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Mmmm nae what I heard.

Tale I heard was that the board, collectively, wanted Derek Adams.

Broon was a lone voice for MacInnes and talked the rest of them round.

I have also heard that, following this, Wiggy sought the counsel of Brown at St J.

Funnily enough I recall a vast majority of forum posters wanting Derek Adams when we took McInnes on....

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Funnily enough I recall a vast majority of forum posters wanting Derek Adams when we took McInnes on....
    What username were you using back then?

He might be free (a big bonus for Milne) & available soon.
    Plymouth are bottom of League One with no wins from 8 games.
    That said, DM ain’t going anywhere soon.
    All this season he’ll be fine.
    IF we’re struggling 10 - 12 games in to next season it might be a different story come Oct-Nov 2019.

Yes there was a few on here at the time who wanted Adams as our manager.

I recall at the time George Yule was the one who wanted Adams at board level,Ross County told us we would have to pay compensation so Milne took over and interviewed a few people.McInnes impressed him in his interview and got the job.

I’m sure other candidates were Billy Stark who was the Scotland u21 manager at the time and Eric Black.

McInnes is the longest serving manager in the Scottish Premiership....what a treat. What will come first...McInnes sacked or relegation?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes is the longest serving manager in the Scottish Premiership....what a treat. What will come first...McInnes sacked or relegation?
    Neither, he will walk at some point. Given he won't get a decent job in Englandshire my money is on him being the next Scotland manager after McLeish gets his jotters in early 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Given that McInnes hasn't finished lower than 3rd in his five seasons at the Dons I think you'll be waiting a while for relegation with him at the helm.

I'm not especially optimistic for this season but then I really didn't expect us to finish 2nd last season.

Do you really think the McInnes era has been that dismal? Supporting a football team consists mostly of following a team through long periods of mediocrity or pure sh*te interspersed with a few highs (see AFC circa 1995-2014). Perhaps McInnes biggest problem is that he has made finishing 2nd seem boring.
    Last edited by ragnarok; 17-09-2018 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Given that McInnes hasn't finished lower than 3rd in his five seasons at the Dons I think you'll be waiting a while for relegation with him at the helm.

I'm not especially optimistic for this season but then I really didn't expect us to finish 2nd last season.

Do you really think the McInnes era has been that dismal? Supporting a football team consists mostly of following a team through long periods of mediocrity or pure sh*te interspersed with a few highs (see AFC circa 1995-2014). Perhaps McInnes biggest problem is that he has made finishing 2nd seem boring.
    Believe it or not I didn’t mind when he got the managers job. But now his management of our club is getting questioned by nearly every supporter as we all have concerns. We are boring to watch (which will not help him) and after another poor recruitment window we are in no shape to win anything this season. Currently we would be lucky to make the top six and that would be the tipping point for nearly all the support.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast