+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 625 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157557 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Goalposter View Post
    Europe is everything.
    I’d rather watch us play St.Johnstone.

I get the whole let’s go away & get pished thing but it’s not a competition they want us in. The club would be better arranging the pish up themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Perhaps it is a waste of time INYO, however, to many dandies it is good fun travelling with friends to different countries/grounds supporting the “once michty” ��

SF
    Aye I agree with that, Ill probably head away this year as ill be home (if we get there). My point is. In a footballing sense its a waste of time as we wont qualify for the groups, get knocked out by a non entity and the players get f@ck all summer which leads to th eusual end of season slump as they are all f@cked

But to be honest I'm sure I could get pished up in Methil or Stranraer when we are in the groups of the League Cup(two places ive never been)

I was also thinking. McAnus could do an unprecedented 9 game whitewash from the cheeks this season if we beat Motherwell. Nobody will ever better that

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post

I get the whole let’s go away & get pished thing but it’s not a competition they want us in. The club would be better arranging the pish up themselves
    Id rather watch us play someone new like aldo says.

That way we gain experience...hopefully gain some money...gain some interest/investment maybe...see some foreign affordable talent since our scouts cant find them and fans have a great time too .

Then we use that experience/team improvement to beat the likes of the huns and celtic and maybe push gor first place in time.

Atm we are boring ..

Lets face it... the most interesting thing in the SPFL was the hun v celtic game.

None of you will admit it but its true.

Us versus them is a foregone conclusion until something big changes.

Does anyone want us in the cup?

Given the shocking refereeing decisions over the years, I would say no to that too.

If the club arranged the p1sh up it would probably be in Riyadh

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Aye I agree with that, Ill probably head away this year as ill be home (if we get there). My point is. In a footballing sense its a waste of time as we wont qualify for the groups, get knocked out by a non entity and the players get f@ck all summer which leads to th eusual end of season slump as they are all f@cked

But to be honest I'm sure I could get pished up in Methil or Stranraer when we are in the groups of the League Cup(two places ive never been)

I was also thinking. McAnus could do an unprecedented 9 game whitewash from the cheeks this season if we beat Motherwell. Nobody will ever better that
    Under our coach we are qualifying for Europe, albeit, not the group stages, we are getting decent coin and it is a difficult arena.

There is more to life than getting pished, however, i do partake in a small libation with my chums and given the choice it would prefer it to be since Deek came in.....at the likes of Latvia(2),Holland,Spain,Macedonia,Croatia,Kazakhst an,Luxembourg,Slovenia,Bosnia Herzegovina and Cyprus.....I daresay some supporters would much rather go to Methil or indeed Stranraer instead ...... however, overseas ticks more boxes for this dandy.

SF

I have always allowed anyone I'm speaking to to have an opinion.However I cannot agree with many of the opinions vented in this thread so far especially those being unrealistically critical of the club.
    Yes I'm disappointed we have not taken points off Old Firm - but we did beat Rangers twice last year.
    We had to rebuild this season - and had to operate in the only market we can afford - unlike the Old Firm .
    We all called for more rotation of players last year - and are now complaining this season when it is happening .
    Our manager may be too hesitant to blood youngsters, but are there any other McKennas on the staff rather than more expensive loan signings ?
    Can Rangers sustain the outlay they have made on players since January ?????
    Our club is financially stable and has ambitious plans to go forward with the new stadium . - this must be more attractive to get players to come,especially to our wage structure which cannot compete with so many others here and south of the border.
    Would the costs of a change of management really bring success ???
    Yes,tactically,we have been found out or failed in big games, and is a major area for improvement . 2017 -2 Cup finals - only really turned up once .
    Having supported the Dons for over 50 years, the last three have been amongst some of the best in terms of enjoyment - trust me I have witnessed many many worse situations than this season and will continue to support my team for as long as I am fit.
    Finally, congratulations to the 1494 TRUE DONS fans who were at Killie last night that is the kind and level of support our club needs !!
    Last edited by the new coach; 14-03-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the new coach View Post
    I have always allowed anyone I'm speaking to to have an opinion. i dont agree with many of the opinions vented in this thread so far especially those being unrealistically critical of the club.
    Yes I'm disappointed we have not taken points off Old Firm - but we did beat Rangers twice last year.
    We had to rebuild this season - and had to operate in the only market we can afford - unlike the Old Firm .
    We all called for more rotation of players last year - and are now complaining this season when it is happening .
    Our manager may be too hesitant to blood youngsters, but are there any other McKennas on the staff rather than more expensive loan signings ?
    Our club is financially stable and has ambitious plans to go forward with the new stadium . - this must be more attractive to get players to come,especially to our wage structure which cannot compete with so many others here and south of the border.
    Yes,tactically,we have been found out or failed in big games, and is a major area for improvement . 2017 -2 Cup finals - only really turned up once .
    Having supported the Dons for over 50 years, the last three have been amongst some of the best in terms of enjoyment - trust me I have witness many many worse situations than this season and will continue to support my team for as long as I am fit.
    Finally, congratulations to the 1494 TRUE DONS fans who were at Killie last night that is the kind and level of support our club needs !!
    I know two that were there last night. Total part timers. True Dons my hole

I know two that were there last night. Total part timers. True Dons my hole
    I was gonna comment similar.

You kinda ruined your post with the 'TRUE DONS' comment mate.

Quote Originally Posted by the new coach View Post
    I have always allowed anyone I'm speaking to to have an opinion.However I cannot agree with many of the opinions vented in this thread so far especially those being unrealistically critical of the club.
    Having supported the Dons for over 50 years, the last three have been amongst some of the best in terms of enjoyment - trust me I have witnessed many many worse situations than this season and will continue to support my team for as long as I am fit.
    Agreed.

My only caveats being the woeful capitulation at Ibrox against the huns. The game at Pittodrie was dire although we did improve when Jack was sent off and after that not much between the teams. I am willing to put that down to the McInness /huns fiasco going on at the time. Hopefully in the next game against them we get our act together.

The games against Celtic were odd. We were ok at Parkhead in the last game there but still contrived to lose 3 very avoidable goals. In the last game at Pittodrie if we had had a bit of luck we could have taken something. We went from being ultra cautious to gung ho when they got Lustig sent off.

That being said McInness must take a lot of the blame for the performances against the huns and Celtic as other teams have done better. Although Celtic do appear to want to slap us down every time they play us.

Dinna let the merchants of doom put you off posting min !

Page 57 of 625 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157557 ... LastLast