+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 625 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126526 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Yawn, I admitted that and explained I was talking about the whole game.
    The first 10 minutes of that game I thought we were just being pulled all over the place.

Do you deny that when the Celtic keeper had the ball, that we pushed right up and forced them long?
    In the first half, Stevie May was standing next to Scott Brown. How is that pushed up? We did as you describe a couple of times in the second half, but too little, too late. Press them high right at the start, apart from anything else, it would have been the last thing they were expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post

I firmly believe the clubs expectation (i.e Milnes) is that we finish 2nd/3rd and try make a cup final, with Europe always being the target. He doesnt give two shytes if we finish behind Rangers and Celtic, as long as we are the 3rd best team he will be delighted.
    Agree but I bet you he hadn’t given a single thought towards what effect the Huns will have on the league in future.

They ‘appear’ to be getting their act together, despite everyone saying they’re going to die next week.

How do you sell season tickets to an out of town ground for a two horse race, which we HELPED to put back together, despite everyone f*cking hating it first time round!? This is while the playing budget is taking a hit because we need to fund the upkeep of the place.

I think we’ll all be delighted with 3rd & the odd cup final. That’s as good as it’s ever going to get

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Just look at today’s game.
    A couple of Celtics best opportunities came breaking at speed, counter attacking us.
    Leaving our players stranded.
    Hell, their second goal is a prime example of the risks of going gun hoe against Celtic.

I also recall a game at Parkhead, when we pumped them in the first half, Celtic were backs to the wall, yet the get a corner from a hashed clearance and scored right before half time.
    Think we lost that one by 3 or 4.

Gun hoe can be exciting, but hugely risky and hugely likely of a hadefeat against better teams.
    Being solid ad counter attacking should provide a better chance of staying in the game and getter better results.
    Gung ho* Being solid and counter attacking didn't win us the game though, so why not try something different? Especially when they were knackered. Reading your comments, it seems that the fact that we didn't win, and haven't won, escapes you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It probably was you

I'm not blaming him for the last 28yrs but surely even the happiest of happy clappers can see that the last few years have been easier. Being the 2nd best team in Scotland will mean nothing in years to come. At least we are still in it this year but if we can't beat anyone we need to beat to win it.
    It's been easier the last few years, and we've been debt free so there are differences that mean the previous years are irrelevant. People who keep harking back to what we were like before McInnes are backwards and are missing the point.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

Plus he was also bone headed enough to think Gary Kenneth was an international defender
    Well there is that

Quote Originally Posted by JuanFatche View Post
    It's been easier the last few years, and we've been debt free so there are differences that mean the previous years are irrelevant. People who keep harking back to what we were like before McInnes are backwards and are missing the point.
    It has been easier the last few years, that doesn't get away from the fact that the 3rd biggest club in Scotland should have been able to win the Scottish cup in the last 27 years.

Hearts won it 3 times and Dundee United won it twice "When the competition was tougher". They were both also in debt back then so that is not an excuse for us not winning it in that period.

Derek is taking the p1ss now!
    He's actually been quoted as saying we "went toe to toe" with the Dhims on Sunday?!

Is he for real?!?!

We stood off and admired them, especially the first half

He's deluded.

That's the most galling part....if he'd come out and said in hindsight we could've been more aggressive and pressed higher, then fine.
    But to stand by his sh1te, ineffective tactics is stubbornness, delusion and concerning....as he's likely to try the same again against the bigot brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Derek is taking the p1ss now!
    He's actually been quoted as saying we "went toe to toe" with the Dhims on Sunday?!

Is he for real?!?!

We stood off and admired them, especially the first half

He's deluded.

That's the most galling part....if he'd come out and said in hindsight we could've been more aggressive and pressed higher, then fine.
    But to stand by his sh1te, ineffective tactics is stubbornness, delusion and concerning....as he's likely to try the same again against the bigot brothers.
    McInnes to me seems like a man in a comfort zone at AFC safe in the knowledge that our gump of a chairman wont even dare criticise his zero out of ten record against the rattlers and the abject performances against sevco from govan. Weak as p1ss club we are from top to bottom. Milnes image looms large.....
    Last edited by EintrachtFrankfurt; 27-02-2018 at 01:35 PM.

‘We were close to getting the result we wanted’

That’s the type of shyte Craig Brown used to come out with.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    ‘We were close to getting the result we wanted’

That’s the type of shyte Craig Brown used to come out with.
    Under Pa, there is no way we would be “challenging”.....100% thanks to him for keeping us up after the previous coach though👍
    If all thon wee phannies at Paisley clouded your judgement regarding fitba/coaches/players or perhaps you sh@t it.....let the angst go.....we are not that good, pretty much like the only two clubs above us that have resources that we cannot match under the present board.
    SF

Page 26 of 625 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126526 ... LastLast