+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 147 of 625 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

2007–2011 St Johnstone Finished 8th St Johnstone 38 11 11 16 23 43 −20 44
    His last season in charge, scored 23 League goals. TWENTY-THREE!

We generally score in the 55-60 range league goals during his term. 1.57 goals per game. Not great, but tied in with conceding in the 30's resulted in a top 2 or 3 position.

This season after 5 games it's 4 league goals. 0.8 per game, half the usual standard. Conceding 5 is a goal a game, that is normal. It's very clear to see where the problem is. Limited creativity, limited flair, no strikers resulting in less goals. A continuation will see a fight for a top half place. It's a hard game when you likely need to score 2 for a victory and the players or the tactics are not just there.

It's been a regression over the last few windows. He is a busted flush.

Replacements: Steve Robinson, Steve Clarke, Gary Naysmith (new), Billy Reid, Neil Harris (Millwall), Robbie Neilson (no turning noses up), would Darren Ferguson be looking to get back in, Barton (off to a promising start), Bowyer at Charlton.

It needs freshened up badly. AFC is stale. Broaden the outlook from the usual suspects.

The stat about the goals scored for St.Johnstone is criminal & was the number one reason why I didn’t want him here in the first place. I know you all think it was because he’s a smug Morton Hun w@nker bit it wasn’t. It was because he’s a boring smug Morton Hun w@nker

There's no point posting potential replacements because people will turn their noses up at the likes of Robinson, citing their record in the league and cups compared to McInnes. People can't see the bigger picture.

Celtic are struggling and we are nowhere near ready to step in. Years of consistency means absolutely nothing if you can't step up.

During Delia's bad season the chat/excuse on here was "they'll just buy our best players" which has been knocked on the head this season.

Relying on an injury prone has been loanee to score goals is as desperate as it ever was under all the last few managers.

Aldo, only pre-empting the clamour for the "but who would replace him" brigade. He is on the guts of 400K a year, he's easily replaced. Not to say anyone will do, but I purposefully put in names that would provoke a reaction. Everyone in there with the exception of Naysmith / Barton stands up at the minimum to DM record. I know there will be a degree of snobbery amongst the support, but no way should Robinson be overlooked. I would like emotion and aggression in the dugout. But whoever it is needs to play football and not this robotic sideways **** we've endured for the past 3 seasons.

I’m all for Steve Clarke getting his job but the last time I checked Kilmarnock and Motherwell don’t play great football either.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m all for Steve Clarke getting his job but the last time I checked Kilmarnock and Motherwell don’t play great football either.
    Didn't kilmarnock just beat us.

They can only use the material at hand. For the relative funding they have they've done a better job than our management.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Telt ye Beachend

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Telt ye Beachend
    I’m not defending McInnes I’m just being realistic,there are a lot of reasons to want rid of McInnes but the style of football is a lame one.

If you want Robinson or Clarke to replace him because you don’t like the football we play you are going to end up disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Didn't kilmarnock just beat us.

They can only use the material at hand. For the relative funding they have they've done a better job than our management.
    How did Kilmarnock play when they beat us?

All out attack was it?

They play with the same formation as we do.

This next couple of games will be the defining moment of Mcinnes time with Aberdeen, defeat to Hibs in the cup will surely have SM thinking about the unthinkable, over the last 3 league games we have regressed dramatically from the results of previous seasons, as everyone knows, a manager has quite a limited shelf life and it looks like Mcinnes has reached his sell by date.
    The last couple of years have seen very poor dealings in the transfer market, tactics have been dire, Cosgrove shouldn't even be at the club, Anderson should be on from the start in each game, May is a spent force, Dom Ball is one player who had improved from last year but now seems to be being used as a second option now even though he had a decent start to the season.
    So all in all 3 wins in next 3 games is an absolute must for Mcinnes or else in my opinion he will be out the door.

Page 147 of 625 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast