+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 97 of 625 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197597 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Does anyone think he will have lost a bit of the dressing room after his post match comments?
    I guess it can go either way. Look at the reaction of the Kilmarnock players after Clarke pasted them publically when we beat them comfortably down there. Besides half of the players won't be here next season anyway.

I do find it interesting though as for the last five years McInnes has defended his players through thick and thin with yesterday being the first time he has thrown them under the bus. A calculated move or a man feeling the pressure?

I am also interested in your earlier comment about McInnes losing his ambition. Do you really think so or are we seeing his increased narkiness a result of him realising he has missed the boat in a decent move to England?

I don't care.

He lost me after his "new stadium " comments.

A Hun doesn't like Pittodrie?

What's new there?

F'uck off you Hun B'astard

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I am also interested in your earlier comment about McInnes losing his ambition. Do you really think so or are we seeing his increased narkiness a result of him realising he has missed the boat in a decent move to England?
    I stand by my comment about him losing ambition. A manager that wants to win things is progressive and plays players who are undoubtedly strong in their positions, quick to change something that is glaringly obvious that it isn’t working and can get the best out of what he has. McInnes does none of these now and I agree he see’s himself as having no chance of a bigger job in England now. People go on about him being bad after the Huns debacle....Sunderland turned his head a lot more as he was quickly down with Doc to speak with them. We have been very negative this season and only on a few occasions looked decent. That for me is unacceptable and he himself knows his players are now not up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I stand by my comment about him losing ambition. A manager that wants to win things is progressive and plays players who are undoubtedly strong in their positions, quick to change something that is glaringly obvious that it isn’t working and can get the best out of what he has. McInnes does none of these now and I agree he see’s himself as having no chance of a bigger job in England now. People go on about him being bad after the Huns debacle....Sunderland turned his head a lot more as he was quickly down with Doc to speak with them. We have been very negative this season and only on a few occasions looked decent. That for me is unacceptable and he himself knows his players are now not up to it.
    I really don't blame him for speaking to Sunderland as they are on a completely different level to us potential wise and for sure if they weren't a gazillion in debt he would have jumped at the chance. As it turns out looks like he made the right decision to avoid them.

I agree we have been poor to watch this year and have painfully missed Hayes, with his replacement(s) flattering to deceive. The sad fact is that we simply don't have enough quality, skillful players that can consistently play a decent quality of football to make us better to watch week in and week out, and that, as he admitted for the first time yesterday, is firmly at McInnes door.

According to an Ireland based blogger sevco are showing an interest in McInnes again.
    We should be so lucky.

We must be due to play them soon.

Intrigued by his post-match interview on Saturday.

Recruitment: Ball, Chidi I guess?

Giving some too much leeway: Christie, Rooney, Arnason. I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    According to an Ireland based blogger sevco are showing an interest in McInnes again.
    We should be so lucky.
    Bound to be pish if it's that IRA numpty

Quote Originally Posted by Rochead View Post
    We should be so lucky.
    I heard a couple of weeks ago that the Huns are coming back in for him at end of season, on a different point, everything about the team on Saturday was wrong Mckenna captain? Ffs the loon has been in the side a few months, surely an older head couldve stepped up and took on the responsibility and let Mckenna enjoy his first real big game.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    I heard a couple of weeks ago that the Huns are coming back in for him at end of season, on a different point, everything about the team on Saturday was wrong Mckenna captain? Ffs the loon has been in the side a few months, surely an older head couldve stepped up and took on the responsibility and let Mckenna enjoy his first real big game.
    Regarding McKenna, it's possibly a bit soon but I suppose it's all part of the experience. I'd like to think he'll learn tons from this and we'll benefit in the long run. Can you imagine how Willie Miller as captain would have reacted to Ball when he stopped playing to allow them to score? Would have ripped the boy a new a-hole for sure.

Page 97 of 625 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197597 ... LastLast