+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 132 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by GGMDONS View Post
    Christie has been poor since Christmas & will never make it at Celtic.
    He wasnae wanting to be hurt before gaun awf with his Tic mates on their end of season hol to Costa Del Giro

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post
    He wasnae wanting to be hurt before gaun awf with his Tic mates on their end of season hol to Costa Del Giro
    Yup, this has been the case for weeks now.
    Then has the brass neck to come out last week and say he was going all out to secure second for us before he left.
    Would rather he wasnt here at all instead of this ridiculous loan deal pish that has benefitted nobody but fvcking septic.

For me, this is the issue with loan deals in general, they are never going to bust a gut for us, as they arent our players, and not likely to be either.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    For me, this is the issue with loan deals in general, they are never going to bust a gut for us, as they arent our players, and not likely to be either.
    Surely McLean is the polar opposite to that.
    He's got stuck in and played his best football for Aberdeen since his future was secured for Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Surely McLean is the polar opposite to that.
    He's got stuck in and played his best football for Aberdeen since his future was secured for Norwich
    I will give you McLean.
    I agree he has played so much better now that his future got sorted out. I dont know if he felt that he was owe us a decent season, after never really doing much the first two years or what, but yes, has been our best player this season since "returning" from Norwich.

Not one other loanee I can think of that has been worth a fvck....

The Hun lettuce played half a game last night. Played it well but still disappeared when we needed him most

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I will give you McLean.
    I agree he has played so much better now that his future got sorted out. I dont know if he felt that he was owe us a decent season, after never really doing much the first two years or what, but yes, has been our best player this season since "returning" from Norwich.

Not one other loanee I can think of that has been worth a fvck....
    Shay Logan was on loan initiall
    Michael Hector was decent
    Ryan Christie last season and the first half of this season was decent .....not so much the second half of this season

I wouldn't really regard Kenny McLean as a normal loan player. But if you want to then he has certainly been worth a fvck ever since he technically came on loan to us.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Shay Logan was on loan initiall
    Michael Hector was decent
    Ryan Christie last season and the first half of this season was decent .....not so much the second half of this season

I wouldn't really regard Kenny McLean as a normal loan player. But if you want to then he has certainly been worth a fvck ever since he technically came on loan to us.
    redstark, I agree with the ones you have mentioned, I would also include Danny Ward as being a success and to a certain degree James Maddison.
    I was really meaning the current loanees, Ball, Stewart etc.

Should have been more specific, apologies

I'm against all loans
    I'm particularly against all loans from the same league / division.

Of course some will be decent, players who would be normaly out of our financial reach, presumably that's why managers are attracted to the idea.

Build a team of Aberdeen players.
    Nurture and play our own youngsters.
    It's the only way, otherwise we are just grovelling to clubs we deem better than ourselves.
    Self respect has went out the window

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I'm against all loans

Of course some will be decent, players who would be normaly out of our financial reach, presumably that's why managers are attracted to the idea.

It's the only way, otherwise we are just grovelling to clubs we deem better than ourselves.
    You actually wonder what the point of our youth setup is? Chance upon a diamond like Scotty McK?

Grudging respect to Harry Potter at Hearts this morning. Tearing into Hollywood Teeth for slagging of Hearts and letting the grass grow at the weekend, which is not what promoting scottish football is all about, and is stopping our national team from qualifying for World Cups etc etc.

Levein retorted that at least Hearts are nurturing young players (3 x 16yr old Scottish loons this season) something Rogers has never done - instead he brings in French and english youngsters.

Another of McInnes' major summer decisions is deciding if he wants to retain his youth setup, either because, as a policy decision, he has no interest in doing so, or because he feels they not nearly enough. The answer is probably somewhere in between but either way, does not reflect well on him or AFC

So, is Frank Ross good enough? Danny Harvie? Scott Wright? Danny Rogers? Dean Campbell? Hopefully yes, so instead of taking in 10 new players this summer to replace the 10 that will leave, bring in 4 or 5 top players, and use the above the supplement the gaps
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 09-05-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I'm against all loans

I think its a tough, fine line.
    Ultimately as a business, success on the field correlates to better finances off of it.
    Therefore the pressure to get into Europe and the potential moneys it brings is the key driver.
    This restricts opportunities by McInnes who is cautious in that regard.

Youngsters will get their opportunity, but they need to take them, like McKenna this year.
    Others mentions e.g. Wright, exciting as he is at times, have not convinced enough in their games that they make the correct decisions and can be relied upon.
    You could argue they need a run of games and that could be a valid point

Page 132 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142182232 ... LastLast