+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 596 of 625 FirstFirst ... 96496546586594595596597598606 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    In that case then it would be better to wait until after the 2 Celtic games so that a new manager doesn't start off with 2 defeats.
    No I would imagine he will be sacked if we lose on Saturday and that Sheerin/Robson will be caretaker managers as we lose twice to celtic and the new manager in place pretty soon after that

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    No I would imagine he will be sacked if we lose on Saturday and that Sheerin/Robson will be caretaker managers as we lose twice to celtic and the new manager in place pretty soon after that
    I reckon he will get at least the next 3 matches unfortunately. We are stuck with him for the time being.

He'll see the season out imo. Unless it's a big, big improvement then I would imagine he'll be papped.

Yay!

If he’s going in the summer then he’ll know it now.

Nobody’s going to be interested in following up any leads on players he’s interested in.

Mind you, I suppose any new players on the agenda will have been sussed out a year or so ago, given how many transfer windows he works ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    it's very possible to see something like only 4 points from next 4 games with maybe only one or two penalties scored in those 4 games. That would then give us a record of 10 points out of 36 - even McInnes can't survive that.
    fify

Unfortunately I just don’t see us getting rid of DM , he’s got another year left on his contract and we are not looking too clever financially by all accounts. He won’t leave as he will believe he can get back on track for the holy grail of 4th spot and Europa league qualifiers.
    However, if we lose convincingly against St Mirren there will be a lot of pressure on Cormack to pull the trigger , I just don’t see it happening though .

He will get a bit of a reprieve due to the fact the club have had to sell the proverbial family silver in McKenna and Cosgrove.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Unfortunately I just don’t see us getting rid of DM , he’s got another year left on his contract and we are not looking too clever financially by all accounts. He won’t leave as he will believe he can get back on track for the holy grail of 4th spot and Europa league qualifiers.
    However, if we lose convincingly against St Mirren there will be a lot of pressure on Cormack to pull the trigger , I just don’t see it happening though .
    I did think he would lead us into the League Cup in July but with the Scottish Cup looks to be doomed he will now have a chance to lead us into Euro qualifiers.

Either way he will be our manager next season

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I reckon he will get at least the next 3 matches unfortunately. We are stuck with him for the time being.
    It is highly possible that for financial reasons he still may not go even if we pick up 0 or 1 point in the next 4 games - but I think that would seal his fate and he’d be gone at the end of the season.

I can’t see any way that he’ll be here beyond summer now though. It’s just a question of whether Cormack sees any advantage in punting him before then or saving a bit of money by holding off til then.

Does anyone know if managers can be sacked without compensation or reduced compensation for failing to achieve their targets? I would’ve thought that would be a sensible way of writing a football managers contract - something like “finish no lower than 3rd in consecutive seasons” or “reach a cup final at least every second season” etc and if a certain number aren’t met the compensation is reduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    It is highly possible that for financial reasons he still may not go even if we pick up 0 or 1 point in the next 4 games - but I think that would seal his fate and he’d be gone at the end of the season.

I can’t see any way that he’ll be here beyond summer now though. It’s just a question of whether Cormack sees any advantage in punting him before then or saving a bit of money by holding off til then.

Does anyone know if managers can be sacked without compensation or reduced compensation for failing to achieve their targets? I would’ve thought that would be a sensible way of writing a football managers contract - something like “finish no lower than 3rd in consecutive seasons” or “reach a cup final at least every second season” etc and if a certain number aren’t met the compensation is reduced.
    Agreed but I can't see Milne having inserted those clauses.

Page 596 of 625 FirstFirst ... 96496546586594595596597598606 ... LastLast