+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 625 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Good to hear the taxi driver to the airport ripping the sh@te out of McAnus. Hes also missing Sunday but nae through work. Just deliberatley not going as he booked a last min weekend up north with his wife. Season ticket holder for 40 years and hardly missed a game

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    So if he is tactically clueless like you are saying he is what does that say about your choice to replace him in Neil Lennon?
    Neil Lennon in fairness has adapted his tactics when he played us. He admitted Aberdeen were the best team who he had come up against this season (a bit like McInnes did when he comes up against Celtic). What did Lennon do, he went on and had a go at us and won the last match comfortably. McInnes on the other hand can’t get his team motivated/tactically aware against Celtic and generally doesn’t take the game to them.
    So I still stand by my statement that Lennon is the better manager and would do more to improve Aberdeen than us constantly stalling under McInnes.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Neil Lennon in fairness has adapted his tactics when he played us. He admitted Aberdeen were the best team who he had come up against this season (a bit like McInnes did when he comes up against Celtic). What did Lennon do, he went on and had a go at us and won the last match comfortably. McInnes on the other hand can’t get his team motivated/tactically aware against Celtic and generally doesn’t take the game to them.
    So I still stand by my statement that Lennon is the better manager and would do more to improve Aberdeen than us constantly stalling under McInnes.
    You are right about McInnes cant get his team motivated against Celtic, I have said all along its not good enough and he has to sort it out. That doesn't mean he is tactically inept though.

I personally dont think Lennon is any better than McInnes, a few Hibs fans I know moan about him as much as folk on here moan about McInnes.

If it was a straight choice between the two, I’d take McInnes over Lennon every day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If it was a straight choice between the two, I’d take McInnes over Lennon every day of the week.
    Difference of opinions. McInnes has taken us to his peak and I certainly don’t see any further improvement. Lennon for me.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Difference of opinions. McInnes has taken us to his peak and I certainly don’t see any further improvement. Lennon for me.
    For all his many faults, McInnes has the advantage of not actually being Neil Lennon.

You could argue the merits of both all day but there’s not much between the two ability wise. One of them straight out lied about our support at Tynecastle. Nobody should forget that.

Neil Lennon is a massive c*nt

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    For all his many faults, McInnes has the advantage of not actually being Neil Lennon.

You could argue the merits of both all day but there’s not much between the two ability wise. One of them straight out lied about our support at Tynecastle. Nobody should forget that.

Neil Lennon is a massive c*nt
    With horrific teeth and a certain habit

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    You are right about McInnes cant get his team motivated against Celtic, I have said all along its not good enough and he has to sort it out. That doesn't mean he is tactically inept though.

I personally dont think Lennon is any better than McInnes, a few Hibs fans I know moan about him as much as folk on here moan about McInnes.
    He now can't get them motivated against the Huns and this season he's struggled against hearts as well.

How long does he get to sort it out?

Do we just accept it since no-one else is going to do a better job in your opinion?

We've had the same stubborn issues for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He now can't get them motivated against the Huns and this season he's struggled against hearts as well.

How long does he get to sort it out?

Do we just accept it since no-one else is going to do a better job in your opinion?

We've had the same stubborn issues for a while now.
    Or far to many people accept hes nae McGhee

Lennon has his faults I don’t deny that. As a manager he is decent though and can get results when not expected. McInnes is definitely on a downward spiral and we will probably have to wait until he gets us fired out the Scottish Cup and doesn’t make a European spot until some people can see this.
    Lennon or even Clarke are improving their teams and getting the plaudits for it (mostly Clarke).
    Let’s face it everyone will be thinking of who do we replace McInnes with? Lennon would do a very decent job for us and I think could take us up a level. Clarke is decent but I would like to see him in for a bit longer at Kilmarnock before I rule him in/out. Jack Ross is doing well at St.Mirren but another who I would like to see how he copes in our league with St.Mirren before he gets ruled in/out.
    Let’s face it , we have plenty time on our hands as Del will not be sacked by Stewart Milne.

Page 9 of 625 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast