+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 234 of 625 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    No, basically I'm not saying that at all... I'm basically saying that you don't measure success by counting your runners up medals... Basically
    And clubs that lost out in the semi finals or quarter finals would see success as going one place further. For every cup final disappointment there are other clubs looking on enviously at Aberdeen getting there.

We compete within our means and our budget.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    And clubs that lost out in the semi finals or quarter finals would see success as going one place further. For every cup final disappointment there are other clubs looking on enviously at Aberdeen getting there.

We compete within our means and our budget.
    Spoken like a true Stewart Milne lackey

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    What a weird post. Obviously you can ignore my dislike of M&M and read a match day programme if you want a bit better news. Join the board...the more loving cup drinkers on it the better for them.

Also answer a previous posters question...Did you get a dog?
    RJ, I'm not on here 24/7. The point I was making is that you repeat the same thing over and over and over again. Anyone who is a regular poster or viewer on here is well aware of how you feel. Not sure why you feel the need to repeat things.

I answered already regarding the dog. Wife and daughter 1:0 Dad. Dog now part of the household.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    I knew it.
    As posted earlier, I put my foot down and showed my authority, which my wife and daughter completely ignored. But at least nobody can call me Douglas any more - I'll get ma coat.

RJ, just checking that you're aware that we have only won the league 4 times in our 115 years of existence. And only 2 managers have managed Aberdeen to a league title. Yes, I would love that number to be a lot higher and I don't think any Dons fan "celebrates" coming second, but having said that it is still a reasonable achievement to finish the best of the rest a number of times behind a club that has vastly superior resources to ours.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    You do realise you're making a complete tit of yourself by repeating the same things over and over. You remind of my daughter from a few years ago, "can we get a dog, can we get a dog, can we get a dog, can we get a dog, can we get a dog, can we get a dog, can we get a dog, can we get a dog, can we get a dog, ccan we get a dog, can we get a dog, can we get a dog, can we get a dog, can we get a dog, can we get a dog, can we get a dog,can we get a dog.........."

That's what reading your posts is like.
    My wife and daughter are like that right now.
    I feel like the bad guy, but I know I’ll end up the one looking after it, taking it walks etc.

I love dogs.

I don't think finishing second being acceptable or otherwise to us as supporters is as black and white as is being portrayed on here.

Take the league first of all. I refuse to accept we are not capable of winning the league even given the current set-up and UEFA induced financial doping. However I would also argue that sometimes you need to accept by finishing second we were simply beaten by a better team. Some recent examples. Finishing second in 2015/16 (Delia's last season) was poor and a huge missed opportunity for which Milne was fully culpable as I will always believe that if we had taken a risk and spent money to strengthen in the January window we would have won the league. However take Rodgers first season in 2016/17 when they got 106 points, an example where we should be satisfied that second was as good as we could achieve as celtic were simply much better than us. Contrast this with last season when they only got 82 points - a points total we should have been capable of beating. We got 73 points after only taking 1 out of 12 against a poor sevco, one win out of four against a sh1t hertz team, a pathetic home defeat to Motherwell when McInnes was in the midst of his sevco dalliance, draws to Partick and Hamilton. Last season was a poor way to finish second - we were more than capable of getting more than 82 points.

Now take the cups, which are a different beast to the league but invariably you usually have to beat the best teams somewhere to win the cup. The Scottish Cup defeat was probably a case of giving it our best and sometimes you just accept you were beaten by better players - Rogic took his one chance, Hayes/McLean missed ours. Compare that to the two limp attacking performances in the League cup defeats, where we never really looked like laying a glove on celtic. Having said that, whilst finishing second to celtic this year was still a losers medal, nothing can ever wipe out the fantastic memories of beating sevco at Hampden and the Hibs penalty shoot out win even though both wins ultimately didn't lead to a trophy being won.

So for me it's not always black and white as being realistic there are acceptable ways to finish second and ways that are wholly unacceptable and we have delivered both kinds recently in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I don't think finishing second being acceptable or otherwise to us as supporters is as black and white as is being portrayed on here.

Take the league first of all. I refuse to accept we are not capable of winning the league even given the current set-up and UEFA induced financial doping. However I would also argue that sometimes you need to accept by finishing second we were simply beaten by a better team. Some recent examples. Finishing second in 2015/16 (Delia's last season) was poor and a huge missed opportunity for which Milne was fully culpable as I will always believe that if we had taken a risk and spent money to strengthen in the January window we would have won the league. However take Rodgers first season in 2016/17 when they got 106 points, an example where we should be satisfied that second was as good as we could achieve as celtic were simply much better than us. Contrast this with last season when they only got 82 points - a points total we should have been capable of beating. We got 73 points after only taking 1 out of 12 against a poor sevco, one win out of four against a sh1t hertz team, a pathetic home defeat to Motherwell when McInnes was in the midst of his sevco dalliance, draws to Partick and Hamilton. Last season was a poor way to finish second - we were more than capable of getting more than 82 points.

Now take the cups, which are a different beast to the league but invariably you usually have to beat the best teams somewhere to win the cup. The Scottish Cup defeat was probably a case of giving it our best and sometimes you just accept you were beaten by better players - Rogic took his one chance, Hayes/McLean missed ours. Compare that to the two limp attacking performances in the League cup defeats, where we never really looked like laying a glove on celtic. Having said that, whilst finishing second to celtic this year was still a losers medal, nothing can ever wipe out the fantastic memories of beating sevco at Hampden and the Hibs penalty shoot out win even though both wins ultimately didn't lead to a trophy being won.

So for me it's not always black and white as being realistic there are acceptable ways to finish second and ways that are wholly unacceptable and we have delivered both kinds recently in my humble opinion.
    Excellent post.

Quote Originally Posted by kramnaganalf View Post
    My wife and daughter are like that right now.
    I feel like the bad guy, but I know I’ll end up the one looking after it, taking it walks etc.
    I'm sorry but I can only foresee one winner here and its nae you! Having said that our little puppy is tremendous.

Page 234 of 625 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast