+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 252 of 625 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Just joined - living abroad now so good to be able to keep up with the Dons chat. Not buying the negativity with McInnes - not sure what folk expect really. We should be benchmarking ourselves against Hearts and Hibs and we've finished above them every year for the past four. Anyone who thinks we can sustainably challenge Celtic, or Sevco who are back to spending money they don't have, is having a laugh. With our average gate compared to them we are always going to be behind in player quality. I remember the days of McGhee etc when we were finishing bottom half of the league - don't fancy a return to that. That said, Celtic have been p*sh this year and I can't help but feel a bit of investment could make it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlinsheep View Post
    Just joined - living abroad now so good to be able to keep up with the Dons chat. Not buying the negativity with McInnes - not sure what folk expect really. We should be benchmarking ourselves against Hearts and Hibs and we've finished above them every year for the past four. Anyone who thinks we can sustainably challenge Celtic, or Sevco who are back to spending money they don't have, is having a laugh. With our average gate compared to them we are always going to be behind in player quality. I remember the days of McGhee etc when we were finishing bottom half of the league - don't fancy a return to that. That said, Celtic have been p*sh this year and I can't help but feel a bit of investment could make it interesting.
    Your last sentence is entirely correct. We are only 3 pts off the top so with a wee bit of investment...who knows? Over to you Mr Milne...

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    Your last sentence is entirely correct. We are only 3 pts off the top so with a wee bit of investment...who knows? Over to you Mr Milne...
    Probably think why give him money he will spend it on more duds like forrester and attempt to spend it on others like Tansley

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Probably think why give him money he will spend it on more duds like forrester and attempt to spend it on others like Tansley
    McInnes could have Messi, Ronaldo and Modric playing for us but against Celtic he would have them man marking Brown, Boyata and Lustig.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Yip more duds like Lewis/Shinnie/GMS/Mclean.
    So Deek needs to get a 100% hit rate with every player he gets in then aye? Fair enough. Keeping it real eh

Welcome aboard min ! careful you will get the crazy gang hunting you down with sensible posts like that. ☺

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    So Deek needs to get a 100% hit rate with every player he gets in then aye? Fair enough. Keeping it real eh
    I wouldn't bother trying to engage with him. I gave up a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Welcome aboard min ! careful you will get the crazy gang hunting you down with sensible posts like that. ☺
    Cheers. Just think the McInnes bashing’s a touch unfair. Also, he seems to be giving the kids more of a chance these days, which should be our bread and butter. Nae saying he’s perfect, but could do much much worse.

. We should be benchmarking ourselves against Hearts and Hibs
    Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by DodHagi View Post
    Yes they were all risky signings were they Lewis had been English squad member, shinnie established cup winner, gms already proven up here same with McLean.

What about his wylde, forrester, gleeson, maynards, Parker, Tate the list could go on all garabage from England.

Page 252 of 625 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352 ... LastLast